Our Goalies

Ducky

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I don't see what is so funny?  Pav is our best option... both goaltenders have been god awful in the last few weeks.      They need a wake up call. 

Helle posted a shut out during that stretch didnt he?

What if Pavs had been claimed on waivers when he was sent down.  This is not the Jets plan.  This is desperation.  They no longer KNOW, they only HOPE.

12 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Season is done - Jets are officially sellers...

Pray Pavs goes on one of his streaks and then trade him to a contender at TD, bring Helle back

Fire the entire coaching staff after the season

Knowing Chevy, Pavs will go on a slightly above average run and he will get trade offers but will keep Pavs for the Jets own "run", miss the playoffs and lose Pavs for nothing.  Jets will win the lottery and Chevy, with a silly grin, will say it was the plan all along and be hailed as a hero for his ability to mind control the lottery balls.

4 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Was listening to Rick Ralph and he said Helle has to go through waivers as he has played a certain number of games(60).

Never going to happen.  They are sort of screwed in that either Pavs sucks and gets sent back down and they are back to square one or Pavs is solid and they carry three goalies all season.  Id assume Hutch isnt much of a plan now and either way, they'd look to unload him in the off season and upgrade the back up spot.

Pavs will get a couple of games and then Helle goes back in.  They want to create competition and Hutch wasnt good enough to make Helle desperate

40 minutes ago, Floyd said:

What a mess.

This one's on Chevy.

I don't blame Chevy,  prior to this season Hutch looked like a viable backup and put up decent numbers and looked like he can play 30 games and give the team a chance. 

If not for the expansion crap I would be very sure this club would of axed Hutch and brought in some other vet on a 1 season deal. 

Pav or hutch will be traded or sent down... moose signed a guy to a PTO so gotta think one of Hutch or Pav will be sent down soon.  Helle isn't going anywhere since they won't risk waivers... Hutch?  Who cares. He gets picked up... give pav a 1 yr extension. Philips isn't being called up to the Moose either so this is probably short term. 

Edited by Goalie

Just now, Goalie said:

Pav or hutch will be traded or sent down... moose signed a guy to a PTO so gotta think one of Hutch or Pav will be sent down soon.  Helle isn't going anywhere since they won't risk waivers... Hutch?  Who cares. He gets picked up... give pav a 1 yr extension 

1 year extension at his current salary?   

Why would Pavs sign a 1 year extension when he *could* find a club willing to pay him 2 - 3 million over 3 seasons? 

Because this is reality and if someone was interested in pavelec would have plucked him earlier. It's likely that if he's not a jet next year pav isn't in the nhl. Who is gonna pay him 2 3 million a year for 2 or 3 years to backup? 

Edited by Goalie

I dont see Pavs signing a one year deal.  He'd definitely go to free agency first and see if he can do better. 

Helle and Hutch require waivers.  Pavs can be sent back without waivers within 10 games or 30 days.  So if Pavs DID get on a hot streak, they are really in tough having to carry all three.  This was a mess from the beginning.  The goalie they didnt want, who they are paying $4million + to be average in the AHL is now being relied on to save the day.

Just a mess.  This is Maurice telling Chevy you cant fire me unless you give me a goalie I can win with first.  They keep shitting the bed, Maurice has to go and if he does, all of his assistants better go too.

Just now, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Goalie waivers are different?

This is just how I read it on twitter.  Not sure why Pavs gets a grace period but I guess its meant to allow a team to recall someone temporarily.  If they had to waive him again, they might be less likely to recall and players want to be recalled.

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

This is just how I read it on twitter.  Not sure why Pavs gets a grace period but I guess its meant to allow a team to recall someone temporarily.  If they had to waive him again, they might be less likely to recall and players want to be recalled.

Because he was waived and unclaimed earlier in the year 

28 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Pavs comes in and gets the W and most Jets fans still aren't happy?

His .909 was enough to win the game, we should be happy the team won, no?

#JetsFans

I'm just chuckling....it's so silly. Take a win any way you can get it, and just be happy with baby steps in the right direction.