Our Goalies

Ducky

58 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Pavs comes in and gets the W and most Jets fans still aren't happy?

His .909 was enough to win the game, we should be happy the team won, no?

For some people, a "win" has nothing to do with the score.  It's who has the youngest team that matters.

49 minutes ago, Atomic said:

For some people, a "win" has nothing to do with the score.  It's who has the youngest team that matters.

You realize that you are agreeing with a guy who obsessed about save percentage after every single game while he was trying to get Comrie on the team... right?

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

You realize that you are agreeing with a guy who obsessed about save percentage after every single game while he was trying to get Comrie on the team... right?

Not just save % but all numbers, I just like sv%...

Example...before last night's game, the Jets had a sv% of .902. If we had at least half-assed goaltending and had say a .915, we would have let in 18 fewer goals so far this season. Math is neat huh?

The next time you complain about coaching or the PK think of that stat for a bit and let that sink in.

They should have given Comrie a look but they have called up Pavs so they will have to wait until we are mathematically eliminated now. Comrie came through junior seeing a million shots a game.

See, I told you about 5 or so weeks ago it would have been nice if Hutch got a non-career threatening injury and was out for 2 weeks or so.

Anyway, glad to see the W and Pavs to start next game with Helle backup.

Edited by Ducky

Here's the thing with numbers.  You talk about our goalies and say if they let in 18 fewer goals... that's great but in the same sentence pretty much you talk about our coaching and pk but don't mention anything about our pk and how awful it was and if the pk let's say killed off 18 more penalties.. 18 less goals against on the PK sure helps also doesn't it. 

The fact you are all high and mighty after beating a coyotes team who sucks... ridiculous.  We've seen it all before... 1 good game against a bad team and all is good? Nope. Sorry. Let's see them do this against a good team and do it consistently cuz right now beating Arizona proves nothing. 

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Here's the thing with numbers.  You talk about our goalies and say if they let in 18 fewer goals... that's great but in the same sentence pretty much you talk about our coaching and pk but don't mention anything about our pk and how awful it was and if the pk let's say killed off 18 more penalties.. 18 less goals against on the PK sure helps also doesn't it. 

The fact you are all high and mighty after beating a coyotes team who sucks... ridiculous.  We've seen it all before... 1 good game against a bad team and all is good? Nope. Sorry. Let's see them do this against a good team and do it consistently cuz right now beating Arizona proves nothing. 

High and mighty??? I said I was glad to see a W?

The PK comment you made is not realistic. If they had an average PK, they would have stopped about 7 more goals. Do the math.

Also, Armia and Matthias were hurt for a good part of the season and it has been better since they have been back. Do the math.

Edited by Ducky

This is the goalie thread I thought this is where we talked about the goalies. You don't want to discuss or debate this because I showed you with math that you are wrong. What would you like to discuss? The coaches that everyone says is going nowhere but you say are getting fired?  if you would like to discuss that topic we can do that in the coaches thread.

Edited by Ducky

39 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Hustler asks what Maurice's strengths are in this interview at 8:15.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/winnipeg-1290/dreger-jets-as-invested-in-maurice-as-ever-1.653241

first and foremost his ability to communicate...

defensively strong coach...

incredibly intelligent...

structure...

overall experience...

Defensively strong? lol

Not fair to compare him to the elite especially when he doesn't have that LA team playing in front of him.

The Jets think he is the goalie of the future and I am still okay with giving him more time. If at the end of next year or the halfway mark he hasn't shown much improvement, it would be time to look harder at Comrie or acquiring a #1 goalie in other ways.

Ideal situation was, and hindsight is 20/20, the Jets opening their wallets and acquiring a #1 to mentor Helle and let him develop with some vet help. The Isles goalie, Greiss, is one I would look at if he makes it to free agency this off-season. 30 years old and a career .919 and making 1.5m this year. 12-7-2 on a struggling Isles team this year. A 3 year deal or something.

36 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Not fair to compare him to the elite especially when he doesn't have that LA team playing in front of him.

The Jets think he is the goalie of the future and I am still okay with giving him more time. If at the end of next year or the halfway mark he hasn't shown much improvement, it would be time to look harder at Comrie or acquiring a #1 goalie in other ways.

Ideal situation was, and hindsight is 20/20, the Jets opening their wallets and acquiring a #1 to mentor Helle and let him develop with some vet help. The Isles goalie, Greiss, is one I would look at if he makes it to free agency this off-season. 30 years old and a career .919 and making 1.5m this year. 12-7-2 on a struggling Isles team this year. A 3 year deal or something.

Did you read the article?  Its pointing out how the elite goalies all had shaky starts and went through some growing pains...

We likely have 2-3 more years of Helle's development until its really known whether he's an elite goalie or not.

14 minutes ago, Ducky said:

All the more reason to go out and get a goalie like Greiss...

What if in 3 years he isn't an NHL goalie and all our youngsters are hitting their prime?

Maybe Chevy should go and get us a #1 goalie now?

Is this some sick and twisted way of trying to get your trade Myers campaign going again?