Our Goalies

Ducky

28 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Didn't Price learn to be a starter while struggling on a bad team in his rookie year?

Helle will be fine. 

Price hit his stride 7 years into his career...  not long after Montreal decided to stick with him instead of Halak...

I read something and I will streamline for the sake of brevity. He had goaltending as the number one reason for the poor play this year closely followed by injuries and then special teams...

Helle has a sv% of under the league average and well below the league average for starting goalies. What was more telling to him was the amount of quality starts. Helle is 36th in quality starts (pretty good backup) and that number is under 50%.

He goes on to talk about the injuries the Jets have suffered with this year and I quote

"the jets lost more man games and total cap hit of those players than just about any other team in the league. With a healthy roster the team has played more consistently and had better results on both the PK and PP since returning to near full health. Coincidence? I doubt it."

He goes on to talk about the coaching...

"As for the coaching. Keep in mind this team lost a 1C and was missing a top pairing defenseman for the first 25 games or so and was so banged up Blake mother!#*+#&$ Wheeler was playing center. I'm still more than happy to see what PoMo can do with this roster for the remainder of this season and the first half of next. And for everyone loosing their s#@! about Stafford moving up the lineup in the 3rd.... He was probably the best 4th liner that game and he had a goal earlier. If you promote one of Petan or Copp up the lineup when Drew was having a good game what kind of message does that send? Results and effort don't matter?"
He also says he cannot understand that some fans want Maurice fired based on "some underlying assumption that PoMo has this incomprehensible love for veteran players.
The coach that sent Pav to the Minors. That's letting Stuart rot in the pressbox. That played every single call up from the moose ahead of Thorburn in the lineup and quickly sent him back to box as soon as possible. That banished Stafford to the 4th line nearly immediately. Was part of the reason Burmi is gone. The guy that's giving an 18 year old first line minutes on a line with a 20 year old and a 23 year old....."

I couldn't agree more but he says it better than I do...

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

He goes on to talk about the coaching...

"As for the coaching. Keep in mind this team lost a 1C and was missing a top pairing defenseman for the first 25 games or so and was so banged up Blake mother!#*+#&$ Wheeler was playing center. I'm still more than happy to see what PoMo can do with this roster for the remainder of this season and the first half of next. And for everyone loosing their s#@! about Stafford moving up the lineup in the 3rd.... He was probably the best 4th liner that game and he had a goal earlier. If you promote one of Petan or Copp up the lineup when Drew was having a good game what kind of message does that send? Results and effort don't matter?"
He also says he cannot understand that some fans want Maurice fired based on "some underlying assumption that PoMo has this incomprehensible love for veteran players.
The coach that sent Pav to the Minors. That's letting Stuart rot in the pressbox. That played every single call up from the moose ahead of Thorburn in the lineup and quickly sent him back to box as soon as possible. That banished Stafford to the 4th line nearly immediately. Was part of the reason Burmi is gone. The guy that's giving an 18 year old first line minutes on a line with a 20 year old and a 23 year old....."

I couldn't agree more but he says it better than I do...

That was a coaching decision... Perrault was moved to the wing instead of playing 2C while Scheif was hurt. 

Armia had a goal too, why not move him up?  What kind of message does it send when you consistently drive play and never get a shot in the top six...

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

That was a coaching decision... Perrault was moved to the wing instead of playing 2C while Scheif was hurt. 

Armia had a goal too, why not move him up?  What kind of message does it send when you consistently drive play and never get a shot in the top six...

Vets Rule! !!!!

27 minutes ago, Ducky said:

You do realize that if we win two and drop one we make the playoffs and if you win 2 and lose 1 in the playoffs, you will win the cup?

So your plan is for the Jets to win two games and lose one then repeat for the next 40 games...  man, you're right we are going to win the cup!!!

Wait, how come we're barely .500 if all it takes is winning two games and then losing only one.  Its so easy.

Seems like you're blaming this on Maurice which I think is premature.

Edited by Floyd

On 1/8/2017 at 11:26 PM, Floyd said:

Why break up the Armia line when they have been so effective?  And you have a former 20 and 30 goal scorer making 4 mil on the fourth line?  He made the obvious decision that any rational person would, and moved up Stafford.

Armia did get power play time so its not like he wasnt rewarded with a push up the line up.  As poor as Stafford has been, I can see the appeal of him in the top six.  Scoring is his forte.  And by accounts here, he played decent enough.  he wont keep the spot when Laine is back so what does it matter.

16 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Armia did get power play time so its not like he wasnt rewarded with a push up the line up.  As poor as Stafford has been, I can see the appeal of him in the top six.  Scoring is his forte.  And by accounts here, he played decent enough.  he wont keep the spot when Laine is back so what does it matter.

Yup it's rational to plug in a previous 20-30 goal scorer, it's also rational to ensure you're matching their playing minutes to their contributions. 

I heard the commentator mention he noticed more jump in Staffords play against the Flames.

The only thing I would ask from Drew Stafford is ensure his level of intensity, effort not change regardless of minutes and line combo he's on.