Our Goalies

Ducky

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

Exactly.  Mid-season save percentage is pretty much meaningless.

I think with Greiss (UFA) and Alzner (UFA) we are contenders...just for you Floyd, my 2017 roster...

Laine Little Wheeler

Ehlers Scheif Armia

Matthias Lowry Dano

Tanev Copp Roslo

Alzner Buff

Morrissey Trouba

Enstrom Myers

Greiss/Hellebuyck

Poolman, MP and Connor need to be in the lineup too???

100 point team easily with that lineup.

1 minute ago, Ducky said:

What about those blues calling up a goalie from the farm with no experience...they didn't seem to care that they would "ruin him" by giving him a look....he probably earned another start.

They called him up because their starting goaltender is a train wreck.  Copley is here for a handful of games until Allen is ready again... then they will send him back to keep developing.

Besides, according to your logic, his .828 save percentage means he should be sent back to the minors tonight.  Right?

I only wanted to take a look at Comrie not keep him up all season...this is what they are doing with Copley. It is an excellent opportunity to call him up and the timing was right for them....it was the right timing for us too but not now.

I thought Copley played okay but the bottom line is he let in 5 goals in a loss.

17 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I only wanted to take a look at Comrie not keep him up all season...this is what they are doing with Copley. It is an excellent opportunity to call him up and the timing was right for them....it was the right timing for us too but not now.

I thought Copley played okay but the bottom line is he let in 5 goals in a loss.

Copley has had two and a half seasons in the AHL and is still just getting a look.

Comrie is 21 and is fresh out of junior.  Give the guy a chance to develop...  yes, he could be better than Helle but why not wait until he's 23-24 to find out.  Like call him up at the tail end of the season for a couple games if we're totally out of the playoffs and there's no pressure.

13 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Copley has had two and a half seasons in the AHL and is still just getting a look.

Comrie is 21 and is fresh out of junior.  Give the guy a chance to develop...  yes, he could be better than Helle but why not wait until he's 23-24 to find out.  Like call him up at the tail end of the season for a couple games if we're totally out of the playoffs and there's no pressure.

Not that fresh, he was a Moose last year.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Copley has played 12 more games in the AHL than Comrie but whatever, they have called up Pavs, that ship has sailed. I agree that Comrie probably needs another full year in the AHL but it wouldn't have hurt to take a look at him and let him be around the big team for a week or two. Pavs has played well so it looks like they made the right call.

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Random thought. We trade for Jake Allen, give him a fresh start. I'll show myself out.

That's a long contract if that fresh start doesn't work...

If Pavs lights it up, offer him another two years at $3.5 mill as your 1A and Helle two year bridge at $2.5 mill.

Otherwise, try for James Reimer in off-season - leaves you with another $1m to top up Helle

35 minutes ago, Judd said:

What do you mean by this? Why can't any other team give him $92,500?

We can sign him before other teams can.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

That's a long contract if that fresh start doesn't work...

If Pavs lights it up, offer him another two years at $3.5 mill as your 1A and Helle two year bridge at $2.5 mill.

Otherwise, try for James Reimer in off-season - leaves you with another $1m to top up Helle

No to offering Pavs a contract....not gonna happen.

Helle is not going to get 2.5m on a bridge.....much closer to 1.5-1.75m if you ask me.

Reimer has a 4 year contract for 3.4m per year.....rather go for a UFA.

THN boldly predicted that based on their prospect crop, the Jets would win the Stanley Cup in 2019.

"We’re going to have to amend that because unless they do something bold to address their goaltending, the Jets can forget about winning the Cup. They’re going to continue to struggle to make the playoffs."

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

Pavs had his best game of the year so far...I know it is a small sample size but we don't win this game without some of his big saves....kudos to Pavs....having said that, I think Helle should start next game.

Pav won this game, gets to start the next one. Lets get some consistency.

Having said that I expect Helle.

4 of the last 5 have been wins. Should be good enuf right?

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

On 1/23/2017 at 2:06 PM, Ducky said:

er has a 4 year contract for 3.4m per year.....rather go for a UFA.

Not a whole lot out there unless you believe Ben Bishop is going to make it to free agency.  Steve Mason, Ryan Miller, Jonathan Bernier.... I don't know.  Not a huge improvement from any of those options, IMO.