OK, it IS Willy ...

IC Khari

Willy has sucked. But get over this idea that he's the only one that sucked. Our OL wad awful. We had zero zero run game. Tonight was andrew Harris first 100 yard rushing game and td as a bomber. Willy has sucked but so did the OL. Tonight.  Hey. Nichols still took some hits... some late. Some good clean ones. I'm just curious tho and I'm not taking anything away from Nichols but let's say the Esks dB does pick off that ball there... the one he dropped... the floater in to double coverage... are we still praising Nichols.  He had a really good game. Let's see him do it again. Against Toronto no? And their rookie QB 

Drew Willy's shortcomings have been obvious to all, including his team-mates. Don't care if I see him again. Nichols put points on the board, provided some spark and played with energy and tempo, managed the offence and did not turn over the ball. That's what you need. O line also was inspired to play hard with a determined QB. Rooks on D stepped up big-time.

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Willy has sucked. But get over this idea that he's the only one that sucked. Our OL wad awful. We had zero zero run game. Tonight was andrew Harris first 100 yard rushing game and td as a bomber. Willy has sucked but so did the OL. Tonight.  Hey. Nichols still took some hits... some late. Some good clean ones. I'm just curious tho and I'm not taking anything away from Nichols but let's say the Esks dB does pick off that ball there... the one he dropped... the floater in to double coverage... are we still praising Nichols.  He had a really good game. Let's see him do it again. Against Toronto no? And their rookie QB 

Nichols scored more points tonight than Willy has in any single game all season. 

Willy managed to score multiple touchdowns in a game ONCE all year and that's because of Masoli coughing up the ball like no tomorrow. He's been god awful, aside from Toronto & Montreal, I would take TWO Quarterbacks on every team in the CFL over Willy based strictly on their 2016 performance. 

3 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Nichols scored more points tonight than Willy has in any single game all season. 

Willy managed to score multiple touchdowns in a game ONCE all year and that's because of Masoli coughing up the ball like no tomorrow. He's been god awful, aside from Toronto & Montreal, I would take TWO Quarterbacks on every team in the CFL over Willy based strictly on their 2016 performance. 

nichols put up 1 td. medlock put up 17 points

1 minute ago, Blueandgold said:

No our offense put up two touchdowns, not to mention that all of our points aside from the last FG were on hard earned drives. No starting at the Esks 30 yard line.

we had decent field position a bunch of times especially in the first half when we really played well. Our offense put it up, 100 yards rushing in the first half but medlock still put up all those points. we werent kicking 55 yard fgs either. our red zone production wasnt strong. we should have put up 50 easily.

Only thing I'd be cautious of - but first great game by Nichols and the Bombers - loved Nichols little jest to the Esks' bench after his TD throw in the second half - but Edmonton got beat up good on Saturday, had two days of practice, and their best cover guy is playing on one leg (Watkins). 

I want to see how the bombers perform over the next few weeks but I'm in Nichols' corner. He had a lot of bad luck when he was here in Edmonton, and this is his last good shot IMO to be a starter in the CFL and I hope he take full advantage of it. Now about that Eskimo Defense ......:wub:

Yup. Game was way closer than it should have been.  Anybody sick of tsn tho? So ridiculous.  Hanging off Reillys nuts all game long. Dude sure looked good in garbage time tho.  Padded his stats nicely there. 

8 straight 300 games. Yet if it wasn't for hall playing prevent D at the end... under 300. 

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

we had decent field position a bunch of times especially in the first half when we really played well. Our offense put it up, 100 yards rushing in the first half but medlock still put up all those points. we werent kicking 55 yard fgs either. our red zone production wasnt strong. we should have put up 50 easily.

Medlock put up those points because our offense drove the ball something that Willy wasn't doing. Longest field goal was 42 yards.

No doubt that it would've been to have better red zone production, but I was still happy with our offensive performance. I can't say I'm really sure what you're arguing. 

Medlock put up those points because our offense drove the ball something that Willy wasn't doing. Longest field goal was 42 yards.

No doubt that it would've been to have better red zone production, but I was still happy with our offensive performance. I can't say I'm really sure what you're arguing. 

willy did drive the ball just not consistently and not for scores. Our offense drove, with a heavy heavy dose of harris behind a very good ol. 

nichols didnt score more points then willy. Our offense scored more then any game previously but with running and kicking. Willy lost by 4 to edm with 22 yards from harris and poor ol play. 3 or 4 sacks and 2 fumbles.

Edited by wbbfan

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

They  could have if some one on the coaching staff would have looked at the roster realistically and predicted the inevitable failure of the Natl. depth on the O-line.

bond wasnt healthy earlier in the year though his coming in and hardick sliding over was huge. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

willy did drive the ball just not consistently and not for scores. Our offense drove, with a heavy heavy dose of harris behind a very good ol. 

nichols didnt score more points then willy. Our offense scored more then any game previously but with running and kicking. 

I said that Willy scored multiple touchdowns against Hamilton, but I realize now that he didn't. So yeah Nichols did something Willy hasn't, scored two offensive touchdowns in a single game.

Do you honestly think that we score 30 points tonight with Drew Willy starting? 

13 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

nichols put up 1 td. medlock put up 17 points

And what's your point?  Nicholls generated Td drives of 67 and 80 yards.  He showed he is capable of moving the ball.  He also generated drives that resulted in short high-percentage field goals for Medlock.  Meanwhile Willy has yet to generate a TD drive longer than 35 yards in 5 games outside of garbage time.

I said that Willy scored multiple touchdowns against Hamilton, but I realize now that he didn't. So yeah Nichols did something Willy hasn't, scored two offensive touchdowns in a single game.

Do you honestly think that we score 30 points tonight with Drew Willy starting? 

With that ol yeah. But maybe chemistry needed a shake up. But the production is in huge part to the ol and harris more then nichols. He could have easily had a couple picks. 

Remember hamiltons D is much better then edmonton, and with willy we put 26 on them.

Edited by wbbfan