What are some of the other Bomber Message Boards?

B-F-F-C

26 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I don't see why you get all up in arms when someone disagrees with you.

Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong.  Same with you.  I expect to get called out on it when I'm wrong but I certainly don't expect any praise when I'm right.  It's the internet.  This is how it's always been.  If you don't want people to disagree with you then don't say anything.  It's called discussion.  I don't like being singled out by name as a bully or part of some gang just because I have an opinion that runs contrary to yours.

I'm not up in arms at all...  I thought you were.

Before the Sask trade, I thought we should bring in Gale as an FA...  same as I really would like to see GJ Kinne or Jordan Lynch here, talked about that too.

I've been on the forums a long time - this season is the worst in recent memory...  I haven't seen negative comments about the forum itself and personal attacks on posters since the Kelly days.  For instance, back then Mike used to argue a lot with people about real football issues, now he just lurks until someone makes a mistake... and then its 'ha, got you'...

3 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I'm not up in arms at all...  I thought you were.

Before the Sask trade, I thought we should bring in Gale as an FA...  same as I really would like to see GJ Kinne or Jordan Lynch here, talked about that too.

I've been on the forums a long time - this season is the worst in recent memory...  I haven't seen negative comments about the forum itself and personal attacks on posters since the Kelly days.  For instance, back then Mike used to argue a lot with people about real football issues, now he just lurks until someone makes a mistake... and then its 'ha, got you'...

For someone who complains about being bullied so much, you sure go out of your way to bring up my name negatively in discussions that I'm not even participating in. Almost as if you're bullying me.

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Quite honestly, I'm so tired of this "there are bullies" nonsense that gets thrown around here. I'm not a bully. Chase isn't a bully. Atomic isn't a bully.

There is literally not a single bully on this entire forum. There are strong opinions. There are people who tend to agree with eachother. There are people who tend to disagree with eachother. If you feel like you're being bullied (aka verbally abused, insulted, beaten down) then absolutely the staff will address it. If you feel like you're being bullied because your definition of the word is "someone who disagrees with my opinion", then toughen up. This is a discussion forum, not a sounding board.

TBURGESS probably hates it, but he's always my example when someone brings up this argument. He and I probably disagree on 90% of what we discuss on this forum, but I don't think he's ever referred to me as a bully. Do you know why? Because he actually likes to discuss his opinion. I may not agree with it, but he at least doesn't get all up in arms about it. He tells me why he thinks I'm wrong, I tell him why I think he's wrong, we discuss, we pick apart then we get over it and either agree or agree to disagree and we move on.

There are always a certain group of "victims" on any forum you will ever visit who are so strongly opinionated, but can not handle being addressed in return by an opposing strong opinion. This is a discussion forum where opinions are subject to - you guessed it - discussion. If you don't like your opinion being discussed, the internet is probably not the place to share it.

Ha HA... that's pretty good timing.

I really like this forum, its actually only you and Mr Perfect that have ever posted personal attacks...  it was surprising actually.

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Ha HA... that's pretty good timing.

I really like this forum, its actually only you and Mr Perfect that have ever posted personal attacks...  it was surprising actually.

So then why did you single out Atomic originally as well? If this is now your claim, it's sure a change from what you implied earlier.

Seems like bringing up someone's name and accusing them of doing something that they were not is almost like ... bullying them

Ill add my two cents.  This is the best discussion forum, not only for the Bombers but for the Jets as well.  There was another Jets forum that had a lot of activity in the wake of Jetsowner selling out to the Freep and I saw them recently begging for more posters on twitter.  So I assume its slowed down over there.  Lots of really insightful people here.  Plus the "off topic" forum is great too.

As someone with a strong opinion, the last thing I;d want is a forum where everyone thinks the exact same thing.  Thats where other forums have trouble because the mods or main posters get angry when people don't share their opinion.  The idea should be a free exchange of ideas.  

Now, I don't post in the Bombers forums as much because while I love the CFL, I am not very knowledgeable so I like to read the opinions of the people more knowledgeable.   I understand when people say they make a post and it gets picked apart and maybe some people could "educate" better than just tell you your wrong.  But its a forum where there will be wildly different levels of knowledge and perspectives.

Is Mike sometimes abrasive?  Sure.  Is he still among the most knowledge and insightful posters?  Absolutely.  I'd rather read Mike provide his insight and opinion then not.  And that goes for several others too.  As someone without technical knowledge of football, I've learned from reading here.  Cant ask for much more.

This is a great board.  A really great board.  

My point is that only a handful of posters frame their opinions in a fashion that 'if you don't agree, you are clearly an idiot ha ha'...

Most recently, it was 'if you think Willy is the problem, you know nothing about football'...

Just now, Mike said:

So then why did you single out Atomic originally as well? If this is now your claim, it's sure a change from what you implied earlier.

Seems like bringing up someone's name and accusing them of doing something that they were not is almost like ... bullying them

Its predictable that you would try to flip the narrative...

It was actually Mr. Perfect that set me off - you're right I should have ignored him... because as a mod, he just erased my reply to a very personal attack.

I have nothing against Atomic - but I never suggested trading Westerman for Gale.

This is similar to an argument last week...   I talked about potential for Waggoner to play SAM if Leggett was hurt, which is not the best idea but was interesting...  instead you turned the whole thread into a debate about Tony Burnett - which was a very minor aspect of the original post.  This happens a lot with you.

3 minutes ago, Floyd said:

This is similar to an argument last week...   I talked about potential for Waggoner to play SAM if Leggett was hurt, which is not the best idea but was interesting...  instead you turned the whole thread into a debate about Tony Burnett - which was a very minor aspect of the original post.  This happens a lot with you.

That isn't really what happened at all and I'm sure if we were to present the posts (as Atomic did earlier with another instance where you tried to pull this nonsense) to people so they could judge for themselves, you'd find that you'd be one of the only people to see it that way.

You have a bad habit of saying stuff and then pretending you said something else and wondering why someone would criticize something you never said in the first place.

You made this post:

As Wylie said, he's excited about the 'best crop' of import OL he's seen...  we're very close to starting 4 import OL...

If Burnett and Hawkins can't crack the starting lineup with all these injuries, they should not be here.

I'd seriously look at the ol' Teague Sherman defence... where you just send SAM every play and leave Leggett to cover for him.

Anyone think Waggoner has the speed to do that?

Roberts-Fogg-Leggett/Loffler-Johnson-Jones

Wild-Bass-Waggoner/Leggett

To me, that's the least damaging lineup...

And when I replied to it, I bolded the same line I've bolded above and responded

I don't understand this comment. The positions Burnett backs up are healthy. He literally backs up two spots on our defense and both of them are healthy. What are you getting at?

How in the world is that me "turning the entire thread into a debate about Tony Burnett"? How is that you raising a point about Garrett Waggoner? You made a post that covered a number of things and I chose to respond to a specific portion of it that I had a question about.

Stop playing this victim card over and over. Maybe you need to start reading what YOU post instead of being so upset about what other people post. 

15 minutes ago, Mike said:

Stop playing this victim card over and over. Maybe you need to start reading what YOU post instead of being so upset about what other people post. 

I'm not upset... just worn out.

Again, you're changing the narrative...  you missed the rest of the thread where you just kept beating the backup LB point until the thread died...  I do believe that your backup imports should be able to play multiple positions but I also like our Cdn depth and I think that yes some backups are fine just playing ST - not everything is black and white.  

But you have this way of taking aspects of a post and just pushing them to the extreme.  You do it to TBurg all the time.  Its exhausting to be honest. 

I don't complain about other posters - mostly just you ha.  I called out Atomic and Mr Perfect because they called me out.  I never call people idiots or yell WRONG when someone slips up.  That's your thing.

Either way, I've got a contract starting up on Monday... forum is all yours...  just remember who had to be the one to start a Richard Harris tribute thread. 

4 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I'm not upset... just worn out.

Again, you're changing the narrative...  you missed the rest of the thread where you just kept beating the backup LB point until the thread died...  I do believe that your backup imports should be able to play multiple positions but I also like our Cdn depth and I think that yes some backups are fine just playing ST - not everything is black and white.  

But you have this way of taking aspects of a post and just pushing them to the extreme.  You do it to TBurg all the time.  Its exhausting to be honest. 

I don't complain about other posters - mostly just you ha.  I called out Atomic and Mr Perfect because they called me out.  I never call people idiots or yell WRONG when someone slips up.  That's your thing.

Either way, I've got a contract starting up on Monday... forum is all yours...  just remember who had to be the one to start a Richard Harris tribute thread. 

You always have the option to put me on ignore. I'd probably recommend it at this point. 

36 minutes ago, Floyd said:

My point is that only a handful of posters frame their opinions in a fashion that 'if you don't agree, you are clearly an idiot ha ha'...

Most recently, it was 'if you think Willy is the problem, you know nothing about football'...

Its predictable that you would try to flip the narrative...

It was actually Mr. Perfect that set me off - you're right I should have ignored him... because as a mod, he just erased my reply to a very personal attack.

I have nothing against Atomic - but I never suggested trading Westerman for Gale.

I happen to think that if you don't agree with me...you are an idiot. I don't care if you don't like it. If you can explain why i'm wrong, great. If you can't...tough luck. YOu're an idiot. If this brings your day to stand still, maybe you should stay off the internet for a while. In real life, I like to think I'm a pretty likeable guy. don't get me wrong I like arguing etc and if I'm wrong I'm wrong. But this is the internet, I'm 100% behind no censoring on the internet. I act like a 5 year old on the internet sometimes and that's the way I like it! It's in the internet, as long as you aren't actually causing trauma, have fun! 

thing is, trading Westerman for a shitty OL and an unproven QB is ******* stupid. you should have been called out for suggesting it, even if it was just for fun. Guess what, I don't care if you don't like how I phrase this ****. Say something stupid (even if it's a joke) and you'll be called out. Get over it. Or fire back, it's actually just that simple.

11 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I happen to think that if you don't agree with me...you are an idiot. I don't care if you don't like it. If you can explain why i'm wrong, great. If you can't...tough luck. YOu're an idiot. If this brings your day to stand still, maybe you should stay off the internet for a while. In real life, I like to think I'm a pretty likeable guy. don't get me wrong I like arguing etc and if I'm wrong I'm wrong. But this is the internet, I'm 100% behind no censoring on the internet. I act like a 5 year old on the internet sometimes and that's the way I like it! It's in the internet, as long as you aren't actually causing trauma, have fun! 

thing is, trading Westerman for a shitty OL and an unproven QB is ******* stupid. you should have been called out for suggesting it, even if it was just for fun. Guess what, I don't care if you don't like how I phrase this ****. Say something stupid (even if it's a joke) and you'll be called out. Get over it. Or fire back, it's actually just that simple.

And you are?  Sorry but I honestly can't recall having any interaction with you, man...  are you a Mike buddy?  

Anyway, I don't believe in saying stuff online that I wouldn't say to someone's face.  To each their own.

Let's just revisit this once someone starts a sign Mitchel Gale Thread in the off-season... :ph34r:

Meh. It's a fan forum, it's expected that people will have a difference of opinion. I mean,isn't that what all this really is when you get right down to it? Opinions, I don't think anyone is really an expert and is always right and i don't think anyone is a total idiot who is always wrong, I think there are some people here who might maybe understand the Let's call them X's and O's a bit more than others do and understand that while perhaps the easy thing to do is blame 1 guy or 2 guys, know that Football or any sport for that matter really doesn't work like that... It's a team sport, 3 phases, I've seen games where 2 of the 3 phases play like crap but the 1 plays great and you win, I've seen games where 2 of the 3 play great but you lose, I've seen games where all 3 have been good and you lose. It's never just one thing.

I guess, the best thing to remember is this is a fan forum and with that, comes differing opinions, I really don't see this "click" thing, or i don't see certain posters coming in thinking they know it all, maybe 1 or 2, but..I don't think it's the ones that perhaps get called out on it. I don't think it's the Mikes or Mr Perfects or those guys really, i think they just came on, give their opinion and then debate with the person who doesn't disagree, i do find tho that the person who seems to disagree with them the most is the same guy but that's just... whatever. It doesn't matter. 

On 7/28/2016 at 11:17 AM, B-F-F-C said:

I'll still come around every so often but this site is now being dominated by half a dozen posters who ad nauseum say the same thing over and over again.

My Internet policy is that I don't write anything on these sites that I wouldn't say to the persons face.  Many here have should follow the same policy. 

Thanks for the great years of Bomber Talk but it's now become a Bomber ***** board with no real football talk. 

The ignore feature with this site makes this site really manageable.   There's saying what you feel, and then there is  having a straight up agenda. 

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Hope you stick around, your posts are interesting.

Don't waste your time arguing though.

Some people enjoy arguing more than anything else about this forum.

They even admit it now and then.

best to not bother with them.

Edited by Mark F

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

Hope you stick around, your posts are interesting.

Don't waste your time arguing though.

Some people enjoy arguing more than anything else about this forum.

They even admit it now and then.

Hey thanks.  I'll be back in October...  I always come back, sigh.

Besides, if I wasn't a sucker for punishment, I wouldn't be cheering for the bombers.

I'm glad that I was "raised" in the message board world by guys like Llamicus Lee and Furbelly Darren, two of the harshest Bombers board posters ever. If you said something stupid they'd absolutely rip you apart with no mercy. You learn to have tough skin and walk away if things get too intense. At the end of the day, it's the internet...when you start taking internet arguing seriously, it's probably time to get off. 

Couple of thoughts on the original post and other sentiments on here. First off, all message boards are dominated by the more active users. Just stands to reason. Secondly, I agree with Noeller that TEP is in dire need of an update. To whoever said they only saw a couple active posters at TEP...???? It's the most active of the Bomber forums currently. Lastly, both the TEP and here are quality Bomber sites with many of the same members going back and forth. I see no reason for either forum, or it's members, to whip out their wieners and try to measure which one is the best. Kind of stupid. Especially when nonsense gets tossed around like no one posts at TEP but a couple of people, or everyone at MBB are bullies. Just stupid.

19 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm glad that I was "raised" in the message board world by guys like Llamicus Lee and Furbelly Darren, two of the harshest Bombers board posters ever. If you said something stupid they'd absolutely rip you apart with no mercy. You learn to have tough skin and walk away if things get too intense. At the end of the day, it's the internet...when you start taking internet arguing seriously, it's probably time to get off. 

I'm assuming this is directed towards me... and I'm taking nothing personally.

You've been the most vocal complainer about the 'state of this forum' - not anyone else until BFFC on this thread...  All I've said is that this is the worst I've seen a forum in while, so many threads derailed - mostly by the pro-Willy crew to be honest... and then blame others.  

Its like the IMWT thing all over again.

38 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I'm assuming this is directed towards me... and I'm taking nothing personally.

You've been the most vocal complainer about the 'state of this forum' - not anyone else until BFFC on this thread...  All I've said is that this is the worst I've seen a forum in while, so many threads derailed - mostly by the pro-Willy crew to be honest... and then blame others.  

Its like the IMWT thing all over again.

On what level do you possibly see my post as being directed at anyone? It was a general more in addendum to Mike's post than anything. 

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

And you are?  Sorry but I honestly can't recall having any interaction with you, man...  are you a Mike buddy?  

Anyway, I don't believe in saying stuff online that I wouldn't say to someone's face.  To each their own.

Let's just revisit this once someone starts a sign Mitchel Gale Thread in the off-season... :ph34r:

And here we go again with you dragging my name into stuff I have nothing to do with.

Give me a break. How incredibly petty are you? If you don't like what I have to say, we've installed the ignore feature for that very reason. I suggest you use it.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Never knew them too well, although I remember Furbelly. 

You and Dave certainly taught me a lesson or two in my day though.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Holy name drop Batman! I remember those guys!

3 hours ago, Floyd said:

I'm a poster you dumb ****.

My post about “if you don’t agree with me I think you’re an idiot” wasn’t directed at you necessarily, just a general notice. Not sure what  a “mike buddy” is but it sounds fun. I say loads of stuff I would never say to some ones face…well maybe not loads. Maybe just a bunch. I talk a lot of **** in person too.