Depth Chart against Edm.

20 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I agree for the most part...  so now that Smilin' Hank is back, what does it take to pry Harris out of Ottawa?

Andrew Harris and our 1st...?  More?

They're not going to give up Harris, are you crazy?

22 minutes ago, TransconaBomberfan said:

Trevor Harris aint going anywhere. He is their future. Henry Burris I assume is not available either this year as injuries have shown you need 2 qbs now. I would think either Burris or Durant will be our starter next year

y3PWaHz.gif

6 hours ago, tracker said:

Green has made more than one real bone-head play and I didn't think he was that good so as to excuse his brain cramps.

Was that the hand-to-the-face penalty? I forgot about that one. Gawd that was awful.

neil-no.gif

I really like Loffler.  To me he's more of a SAM/WIL type.  Kinda scared about his ability to cover ground if he's playing a deep half/third/quarter for most of the game.  Love him in the box and blitzing.

Kind of a glut of players like that, Canadians.  Loffler, Waggoner, Sherman.  Solid role players, none of those guys have the skills to play safety in the CFL IMO.

50 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I really like Loffler.  To me he's more of a SAM/WIL type.  Kinda scared about his ability to cover ground if he's playing a deep half/third/quarter for most of the game.  Love him in the box and blitzing.

Kind of a glut of players like that, Canadians.  Loffler, Waggoner, Sherman.  Solid role players, none of those guys have the skills to play safety in the CFL IMO.

Kind of like our GM and coaches ... role players, none of those guys have the skills to be in the position they are in the CFL IMO. ;) 

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

wally had agreed to a deal with waggoner to play saftey before his papers came through. Loffler didnt look out of place in his snaps there last game at all. It takes more speed and explosiveness to be a man in the box blitzing then deep cover. Thats more about read, discipline, and football IQ. 

If Henry Burris is back and rolling... you don't think Ottawa even considers a major upgrade to its lineup for their backup QB?

Let's say you offer Andrew Harris and Westerman for Harris... you're rolling the dice on Burris staying healthy but those two are probably what puts Ottawa over the top to win the cup.

16 minutes ago, Floyd said:

If Henry Burris is back and rolling... you don't think Ottawa even considers a major upgrade to its lineup for their backup QB?

Let's say you offer Andrew Harris and Westerman for Harris... you're rolling the dice on Burris staying healthy but those two are probably what puts Ottawa over the top to win the cup.

BLASPHEMY !

Edited by M.O.A.B.

9 hours ago, Floyd said:

lolno.

17 hours ago, Floyd said:

At least it got you to post something other than another 'its not Willy's fault' post.  Baby steps.

Quality rebuttal. Hopefully you didn't strain yourself thinking it up. I'm sorry understanding the game and WHY things happen (or don't happen) isn't your strong suit.

Here's why it's an awful trade, and would prompt Desjardins to laugh in your face:

- You're proposing Ottawa leave themselves with a 41 year old QB and a rookie with 3 quarters of playing experience as their top two pivots. What happens if Burris gets hurt again? Unfortunately for Brock Jensen, you don't get to play Saskatchewan every week.

- Anyone with half a brain (obviously not yourself) knows that if you have two quality, capable quarterbacks that you hang onto them as long as possible.

- What does Ottawa do when Burris likely retires after the 2017 season? They already have their answer in Harris. Why get rid of it?

Now given the fact that you've already demonstrated your astute football knowledge asking why we don't we bring back Troy Stoudermire  (research before you post - friendly advice) I wouldn't be surprised if this post completely flew over your head (nevermind the likes my original comment got versus your weak rebuttal), so really nothing more needs to be said. ☺

11 hours ago, do or die said:

In my day, we called it the Strat-O-Matic, trade logic......

Jeff Beck plays a blue strat - o - matic.

is this the game thread? or are people to Pissed off to bother with one?

Edited by Mark F
edit

1 hour ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Quality rebuttal. Hopefully you didn't strain yourself thinking it up. I'm sorry understanding the game and WHY things happen (or don't happen) isn't your strong suit.

Here's why it's an awful trade, and would prompt Desjardins to laugh in your face:

- You're proposing Ottawa leave themselves with a 41 year old QB and a rookie with 3 quarters of playing experience as their top two pivots. What happens if Burris gets hurt again? Unfortunately for Brock Jensen, you don't get to play Saskatchewan every week.

- Anyone with half a brain (obviously not yourself) knows that if you have two quality, capable quarterbacks that you hang onto them as long as possible.

- What does Ottawa do when Burris likely retires after the 2017 season? They already have their answer in Harris. Why get rid of it?

Now given the fact that you've already demonstrated your astute football knowledge asking why we don't we bring back Troy Stoudermire  (research before you post - friendly advice) I wouldn't be surprised if this post completely flew over your head (nevermind the likes my original comment got versus your weak rebuttal), so really nothing more needs to be said. ☺

You think Willy is still a good QB and blame everyone and everything else... but I don't understand the game.  Sure whatever.

Honestly, I really don't think Ottawa will trade Harris, yup I'd still like to at least consider what it might take to get him - I do think Desjardins would trade him for the pieces to win a cup NOW... and no Hank isn't retiring until he wins a cup.  Injuring your thumb does not make you injury prone, having a DL roll over your knee might.

You should read your own posts and then consider why people are complaining about this forum... you always sound like a complete as*hole.  

gbill got run off this board for making things personal but its fine for you... and bravo, you always have the same group that likes your posts, good job...

If there's a problem, its that most of the personal attacks actually come from moderators...  I remember when that was the 'problem' at OB...