Depth Chart against Edm.

12 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

I might be inclined to say Loffler > Macho & Bond > Neufeld, regardless of passports.

If it wasnt bowman and any other top 5 wr in the league the two drops over the middle when loffeler was in trail position are catches. Loffler for a first start looked very good. But frederick looked a lot better and bond too.  Macho has his uses, though the less deep cover he plays the better. Neufeld may be on another team with in a couple weeks if we can dig up any moderately warm ni ol body.

I really think a GAME BALL ? should be saved this week for the fine defensive GAME PLAN that was drawn up by our passive DC Ritchie Hall. When all spectators were wondering what the massive scoring machine, led by Reilly, Walker and Bowman, would bring to the sorried secondary of the Bombers, Mr Hall calmly provided a plan that befuddled the remarkable Mike Reilly, and even Jason Maas.

C'mon now. 20 points in the first game. 23 points in the second game? That's remarkable. 

Well done Mr Bend-don't-break.?  well done.

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 8:59 AM, Mike said:

I guess I should've said "doesn't look that bad in comparison to what I was expecting"

I like having Frederick out there, especially because he's going to go against his buddy and training partner in coverage. Excited to see what he can do, hopefully more than tire fire CJ Roberts. BJ25 is a good one to have back, glad to see Loffler at safety (this isn't even a downgrade to me) and happy to have Cole on the team with his injuries (hopefully) behind him.

Sheppard over Mayo, I'm not a fan of because I like Mayo but I'll give O'Shea credit - he's not waiting for guys to get hurt to replace them anymore. Performance is getting you benched which hasn't always been the case with him. Excited to see Bond too.

wow this was quite a post in hind-sight...

3 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I really think a GAME BALL ? should be saved this week for the fine defensive GAME PLAN that was drawn up by our passive DC Ritchie Hall. When all spectators were wondering what the massive scoring machine, led by Reilly, Walker and Bowman, would bring to the sorried secondary of the Bombers, Mr Hall calmly provided a plan that befuddled the remarkable Mike Reilly, and even Jason Maas.

C'mon now. 20 points in the first game. 23 points in the second game? That's remarkable. 

Well done Mr Bend-don't-break.?  well done.

I still think he's too passive but it was a good game plan, I also think that the esks shuffling bodies around on their offensive line helped a ton too because our defensive line won the battle on the line of scrimmage pretty decisively. Reilly was flustered and that rarely happens. 

On ‎2016‎-‎07‎-‎27 at 9:26 AM, Noeller said:

that depth chart is gut-wrenching.......

Not picking on Noeller here. Just interesting  to go back and read the comments about the roster decisions by our coaches and the comments from the peanut gallery. 

I'd say that the coaches seemed to have a pretty good grasp of the roster and talent evaluation.

10 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

Not picking on Noeller here. Just interesting  to go back and read the comments about the roster decisions by our coaches and the comments from the peanut gallery. 

I'd say that the coaches seemed to have a pretty good grasp of the roster and talent evaluation.

Before we pat the coaching staff on the back too much, let's remember that a lot of the changes were forced on them due to injuries or realizing "Gee, if I don't do something dramatic, and right now, I might be out of a job."

All those guys that shone against Edmonton have been riding the pine while O'Shea did what he seems to do best, be stubborn.

On 7/27/2016 at 3:09 PM, TransconaBomberfan said:

Trevor Harris aint going anywhere. He is their future. Henry Burris I assume is not available either this year as injuries have shown you need 2 qbs now. I would think either Burris or Durant will be our starter next year

If the Riders trade away Durant then you can honestly say that Jones & Murphy have lost their collective minds. I mean, their qb situation is horrific. They have absolutely NOTHING behind Durant. They have no one to blame but their huge collective egos.

10 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

That would explain Kuale, Hurl, etc and how long it took to finally start Nichols. Nichols didn't set the league on fire last game but he looked better than Willy has in quite some time, dating back to last year.

1 hour ago, WBBFanWest said:

Before we pat the coaching staff on the back too much, let's remember that a lot of the changes were forced on them due to injuries or realizing "Gee, if I don't do something dramatic, and right now, I might be out of a job."

All those guys that shone against Edmonton have been riding the pine while O'Shea did what he seems to do best, be stubborn.

Good point, I don't think we would have seen the likes of Bond if it wasn't for Neufeld's injury.  The coaching staff has to give up on some of their preconceived notions and look at the talent they've assembled with the bare eye.  Bond played Tackle in the two pre-season games and he looked like he could pass defend while eating a ham sandwich with one hand, it looked effortless. 

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Good point, I don't think we would have seen the likes of Bond if it wasn't for Neufeld's injury.  The coaching staff has to give up on some of their preconceived notions and look at the talent they've assembled with the bare eye.  Bond played Tackle in the two pre-season games and he looked like he could pass defend while eating a ham sandwich with one hand, it looked effortless. 

At 350 lb, all Bond has to do is stand there.

4 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

They made a conscious decision to dress an extra import DL and bench Hubbard.  Killed Edmonton at the line of scrimmage, probably the difference in the game.

But keep stretching to fit the narrative.  Find it hard to believe that O'Shea is making roster decisions based on his job security.  Find it more likely that he's making decisions based on what he thinks is best for winning.

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

A little belly and butt action can do some serious damage..

noticed one play where the Bomber O lineman, (huge guy, maybe it was bond) was actually standing straight up, facing backwards towards nichols, a defender right  behind him, and couldn't get by. our guy just kind of moved sideways back and for th, a little shimmy so to speak. f

first time I've seen backwards facing blocking that worked. They Tried it quite a few times last year, but usual result was splattered quarterback.

also worth remembering that the edmonton D line has some outstanding players.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

They made a conscious decision to dress an extra import DL and bench Hubbard.  Killed Edmonton at the line of scrimmage, probably the difference in the game.

But keep stretching to fit the narrative.  Find it hard to believe that O'Shea is making roster decisions based on his job security.  Find it more likely that he's making decisions based on what he thinks is best for winning.

Kuale, Brohm, Hurl, Picard and Bellefeuille say hi.  Yes, I'm quite sure that keeping his job has never entered Mike O'Shea's mind once and it's just complete coincidence that after standing by Willy all this time, he suddenly decided NOW that maybe he might just change things up a bit at QB.  I mean he had no reason to do this before right?.  And yes, I'm also quite sure that even if none of the injuries to the secondary or Neufeld happened he would still have played the new guys anyway, because we all know the Mike O'Shea is all about being unpredictable when it comes to roster decisions.