Depth Chart against Edm.

16 minutes ago, tracker said:

Green has made more than one real bone-head play and I didn't think he was that good so as to excuse his brain cramps.

Corney is the future but I think they'll stick with the rotation scheme throughout the season.  Hopefully Cole can show that he was worth the wait.

47 minutes ago, Mike said:

I guess I should've said "doesn't look that bad in comparison to what I was expecting"

I like having Frederick out there, especially because he's going to go against his buddy and training partner in coverage. Excited to see what he can do, hopefully more than tire fire CJ Roberts. BJ25 is a good one to have back, glad to see Loffler at safety (this isn't even a downgrade to me) and happy to have Cole on the team with his injuries (hopefully) behind him.

Sheppard over Mayo, I'm not a fan of because I like Mayo but I'll give O'Shea credit - he's not waiting for guys to get hurt to replace them anymore. Performance is getting you benched which hasn't always been the case with him. Excited to see Bond too.

Woo! Training camp 2.0 starts now!

In all seriousness though, Roberts out is an immediate upgrade and I agree on Loffler. If he stays healthy he could be a difference maker. BJ in is a wash with Randle out, but glad to have him back nonetheless. Hopefully his early season stumbles are behind him (maybe injuries had something to do with it?)

I like Mayo but he wasn't really a factor when he was in so I'm OK with Sheppard coming in. Someone needs to put an ABP out for Jace Davis too, his last few games I haven't noticed him much.

I would expect Nichols to force feed Dressler tomorrow, based solely on the mop up time last week.

5 minutes ago, Nash00 said:

Woo! Training camp 2.0 starts now!

In all seriousness though, Roberts out is an immediate upgrade and I agree on Loffler. If he stays healthy he could be a difference maker. BJ in is a wash with Randle out, but glad to have him back nonetheless. Hopefully his early season stumbles are behind him (maybe injuries had something to do with it?)

I like Mayo but he wasn't really a factor when he was in so I'm OK with Sheppard coming in. Someone needs to put an ABP out for Jace Davis too, his last few games I haven't noticed him much.

I would expect Nichols to force feed Dressler tomorrow, based solely on the mop up time last week.

Adams should see a fair number of balls as well.  He would have had a huge game against CGY if he could have come up with that 4th Q catch in the end-zone, but then that's the rub with him, he doesn't come down with the ball at absolutely critical moments.

6 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Adams should see a fair number of balls as well.  He would have had a huge game against CGY if he could have come up with that 4th Q catch in the end-zone, but then that's the rub with him, he doesn't come down with the ball at absolutely critical moments.

He does remind me of Adarius Bowman's career in Winnipeg...  'almost' a great receiver...

50 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Does dressing only 6 OL concern anyone else?  Is is it just a result of non-existent depth there?

As far as I could find, OTT and SK are the only other 2 teams that dressed six OL (last week).  Argos dressed 9 last week :o 

I've long been an advocate for dressing 7 OL.   I fully understand the love of backup LB's and FB's because of their value on special teams, but with 44 dressing, I would choose to have 7 OL.    The Bombers regularly have only dressed 6 OL, so I don't see it as a depth issue, more like a calculated risk.

25 minutes ago, Nash00 said:

Am I looking at something different... b/c I see Roberts starting at CB...

And what's the deal with Shayon Green... as in, why is he still even on the team?... his best skill is pass rushing and that's lead to a grand total of zero sacks so far... took one of the most bone-headed penalties on ST I'v seen in a long time that wiped out a TD... he is no use as a 3-4 DE and can't do anything inside... Why is he in the lineup over Hubbard?? If we have a pure pass rush situation we can use Cole or Corney for that...

3 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Am I looking at something different... b/c I see Roberts starting at CB...

And what's the deal with Shayon Green... as in, why is he still even on the team?... his best skill is pass rushing and that's lead to a grand total of zero sacks so far... took one of the most bone-headed penalties on ST I'v seen in a long time that wiped out a TD... he is no use as a 3-4 DE and can't do anything inside... Why is he in the lineup over Hubbard?? If we have a pure pass rush situation we can use Cole or Corney for that...

Green has had no positive effect in any game this year. Right now the Shayon Green highlight reel consists of blown run contain and one of the dumbest unnecessary penalties I have ever seen. 

Roberts is always one Bowman/Walker go route away from the bench. I can't see how Jones or Morgan couldn't provide similar results.

Edited by Nash00

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

really liked what hubbard has brought, especially on teams. Mayo has looked good in limited action but understand that move. Getting awful tired of JFG being run out there to do nothing. The secondary is beat up. Atleast we get a look at loffler.

10 minutes ago, Nash00 said:

Green has had no positive effect in any game this year. Right now the Shayon Green highlight reel consists of blown run contain and one of the dumbest unnecessary penalties I have ever seen. 

Roberts is always one Bowman/Walker go route away from the bench. I can't see how Jones or Morgan couldn't provide similar results.

He is this year's designated liability who keeps getting put in regardless. Like Kuale and Hurl.

37 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

We have receivers who can make a great catch, and we have receivers who can consistently catch the ball.

Unfortunately, they are not the same people.

13 minutes ago, Nash00 said:

Morgan whiffed on two absolute critical tackles last week and doesn't seem to be much of a play-maker, I wish to see no more of him.   Loffler has a great wingspan but he's not what you would call fast.  Too bad Sherman is injured right now as it would have been nice to see him get some reps. at safety.

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Morgan whiffed on two absolute critical tackles last week and doesn't seem to be much of a play-maker, I wish to see no more of him.   Loffler has a great wingspan but he's not what you would call fast.  Too bad Sherman is injured right now as it would have been nice to see him get some reps. at safety.

I thought Jones played the best of the three of them...  

Morgan is not faster than Loffler...  I think Osh was just trying to think of something positive about Morgan.  Loffler is just an all-around better player.

6 minutes ago, Floyd said:

How does this team not re-sign Denmark for depth?  Proven receiver, vet leader, never injured...  can get him for league minimum now

Or bring back Stoudemire for DB depth...

Might be tough to get him to quit the Vikes to play in Winnipeg.....but hey, give 'er a go....

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

He does remind me of Adarius Bowman's career in Winnipeg...  'almost' a great receiver...

Nah he's not like Bowman at all really. Bowman was always the tremendous athlete he just whiffed on too many catches. Adams is not nearly as good an athlete and lazy to boot. If he put in more effort he'd be a lot better and the team would be a lot more dangerous but as it stands you put a little pressure on him as a defensive back he's not likely to put in the effort to make a catch. I'd stick to just having him run slants and things where you throw the ball to him and he doesn't have to really adjust for the ball. 

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Nah he's not like Bowman at all really. Bowman was always the tremendous athlete he just whiffed on too many catches. Adams is not nearly as good an athlete and lazy to boot. If he put in more effort he'd be a lot better and the team would be a lot more dangerous but as it stands you put a little pressure on him as a defensive back he's not likely to put in the effort to make a catch. I'd stick to just having him run slants and things where you throw the ball to him and he doesn't have to really adjust for the ball. 

Or, just replace the mother with someone willing to put out. 300 million people in the US of A- there has to be better players but we don't seem able to find the Sinkfields ourselves but have to wait for table scraps.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Morgan also caused a fumble in the red zone. It wasn't all bad

44 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Bowman was lazy and a crappy blocker when he was here...  

Given the amount of injuries, I think the depth chart is pretty good.    

For all you guys that want a proven vet to take over for every injured player.  That's almost impossible in a salary cap world.  In most cases an injury replacement is going to be a rookie or a special teams player.  It honestly is not a reflection of a lack of depth.     

The one thing that seems to be missed is some credit to Walters picking up a player like Loffler.     Green over Hubbard is essentially a toss up but maybe another two weeks of coaching has improved Green's  run coverage.  

I still think this team is 1 QB away from being competitive.  

22 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

I still think this team is 1 QB away from being competitive.  

I agree for the most part...  so now that Smilin' Hank is back, what does it take to pry Harris out of Ottawa?

Andrew Harris and our 1st...?  More?