Everything posted by ddanger
-
Week Of: Bombers @ Esks
Pretty risky running with only 2 qb's. Gotta think Walters is burning up the phone lines. Imagine the chaos if Streveler gets hurt.......
-
Nichols Injury
It's generally considered to be bad form if the patient croaks.
-
GDT-Stumps @ Bombers
I disagree. IMO we finally did something unpredictable...we put in our running qb. Football is a team game, and they have to work together to make it happen. Putting in Streveler created confusion, and diverted a portion of their attention away from Harris. I've been bashing LaPo repeatedly, and now I get to praise him.
-
GDT-Stumps @ Bombers
I think I might know.....
-
It's time to hand the ball to Streveler.
I've read every comment on this thread, and really folks, nothing is going to change. Nichols is our starter, end of story. Our offence is far too predictable, and when we didn't do the predictable thing at the end and put in Streveler we moved the ball. Why?? Because Calgary now had to divide their attention between Harris and Streveler. I blame a lot of our troubles on coaching. And like someone said, if two of those deep balls get caught, everything changes.
-
3 stars plus HH stumped the stamps
Grant.....speed and great vision Harris....if he's not there we're toast Sayles....tremendous game HH.....that sweet kick from 55 by Medlock was amazing
-
Regular Season Bomber News
If it comes down to having to trade one of the two, I'm going to trade Nichols and keep the young guy. I like our current qb tandem, but would like to see Streveler utilized more. Especially when the offence is struggling.
-
Matt Nichols Discredited Too Much? Passing Yards Are Meaningless
that's right....when Hardrick got hurt and Speller ( I think ) was moved from left guard to right tackle he wasn't good....the footwork is totally different and that's a huge change even for a seasoned vet
-
Matt Nichols Discredited Too Much? Passing Yards Are Meaningless
exactly.....the line seems to have run-blocking down pretty good, but pass-block and blitz protection are suspect. Must remember we have 3 interior guys with extremely limited experience
-
Game Day Thread: Week 7- Bombers @ Ticats, Clash of the Titans.Edition
It's a long season, and we were never going to go 18-0. Every team deals with injuries, and now it's our turn. Mathews probably gets in next week ( unless he goes clubbin in TO ), and as I said earlier maybe we need to give Yoshi a game off to heal up. We have a very inexperienced interior o'line, and they had a teachable moment last night. I like our defence, and doesn't defence win championships?? Can't expect to win a game with 5 turnovers. And yes the qb takes the blame for the whole offence, kind of like Helly taking the blame when the puck goes in. Did receivers run the wrong routes?? Did the o'line not block properly?? Gotta check the film, sort things out and move on.
-
Game Day Thread: Week 7- Bombers @ Ticats, Clash of the Titans.Edition
well-said
-
Game Day Thread: Week 7- Bombers @ Ticats, Clash of the Titans.Edition
Yoshi is playing hurt. I agree with some other comments that we give him a game on IR and let our other American OL play
-
Rivalries, Late Starts, & Game Days - Attendance
You're exactly right. I'm so frustrated by the brutal lack of sports coverage on the evening news. But let's run the weather 3 times in 30 minutes🤬 Personally I hardly watch the news anymore, I spend many hours listening to TSN1290.
- Odds and Sods - Ottawa at Winnipeg
- Odds and Sods - Ottawa at Winnipeg
-
Matt Nichols Discredited Too Much? Passing Yards Are Meaningless
Matt Nichols very quietly completed 19 passes in a row last night. 14 TD against 1 INT. His completion percentage ranks him 2nd all-time on the Bombers behind Dunigan. I don't care about the yards, I care about the results, and it's all good. The off-season work he put in is clearly showing.
-
3 stars plus HH red black and blue part two
1. Whole defense. Gave up 1 point ( or should we blame special teams ). DB's knocking down passes. D line and linebackers very solid. 2. Nichols. After a shaky start by the Offence he goes on to set a team record for completed passes. 3. Offensive line in particular Joshi for gutting it out when he was obviously hurting and keeping his qb clean. HH. The equipment guy for tightening up 33's helmet and keeping it ( for the most part ) on his head.
-
3 stars plus HH red black and blue part two
LOL pretty sure his mom sits up in 233. And yes she probably would start Biggie in his place!
-
3 stars plus hh arrblloowwwss
1. Lucky. 2. Special teams in particular Miller and Miles. 3. Defensive line. HH: The o'line coach for having these kids ready to play. Yes there were some scary moments.
-
Argos at Bombers - Game Day
When we lost Hardrick ( and to me it didn't look too bad hope it's just precautionary ) we ended up running with 4 Canadian o'linemen that have very little experience. Do we call Gray a rookie?? If so, we had 3 rookies and Couture who is in his first season as a full-time guy. Absolutely there were some painful moments, the Desjarlais play comes right to mind., but overall I thought our o'line played pretty good. Not sure where Speller normally plays, but o'line is all about footwork, and moving from guard to tackle is huge, but moving from right side to left is even huger! Hats off to our o'line coach.
-
Brain Injuries and the future of football
Both my boys played football for a long time, and my grandson starts this year. Older son no reported concussions, younger one thinks he had a few. My daughter who rides horses has had more ambulance rides, broken bones, and hospital stays than both boys COMBINED. And a very nasty concussion. Everyone is different, and the technology available for protection and testing continues to improve. Is football safe?? No. But it's not alone.
-
GDT: Edmonton @ Winnipeg June 27, 2019
IMO this game is decided in the trenches...will our interior o'line be up to this?? Is their o'line capable of handling our d'line?? I'm pumped for some football!!
-
CIS Draft - May 2nd
As we all know the draft is a crap-shoot. Always sounds so good. That being said, I like what we have done, and I can see us having 3 NI starters on our o'line pretty fast. This year fast?? Yes i think so.
-
Streveler as our starter in 2019
IMO there were more problems with our offence than the QB. Specifically, our lack of imagination and predictability really hurt. I also thought our o'line didn't play very well. At the end of the day, it was a defensive battle all afternoon, and a play or two going our way instead of theirs, and we win. No I'm not giving the keys to Streveler, but I most certainly want to increase his work-load, and start a transition at the QB position.
-
Streveler as our starter in 2019
Calgary rarely rushed more than 4...against our 5....and was flushing out Nichols over and over again. So the answer for me is no, our o'line lost the trench battle no doubt.