Everything posted by ddanger
-
Paul Lapolice
Our offense is too predictable...end of story.
-
Week 10: Ottawa Here Friday - - O vs D
The unpredictability of this league is truly amazing. I fully expect us to beat Ottawa this week, and believe it will be at least a 2 score difference in our favour.
-
Practise Observations Aug 13
I'm hoping but not very confident about Dressler playing.
-
Practise Observations Aug 13
Bennett made a great tackle last week!
- Odds and Sods - Hamilton at Winnipeg
-
Odds and Sods - Hamilton at Winnipeg
I assume a large portion of the offensive struggle can be attributed to not having #7 in the game after Q1. That being said, #15 didn't have a great game. Very impressed with Medlock, Harris, Bighill, whole D line......and of course the fans who turned the volume right up for the last minute 20!! And how about our back-up qb Bennett making a sweet special teams tackle !! I've never seen a back up qb play specials, I assume this is pretty uncommon?
-
Blue Bomber Attendance
And that pays almost all of the salary cap I think.
-
Next Game vs Hamilton - Revenge Is In Order
Coming off the bye week I'm worried we may be a bit flat to start. I'm hoping for a strong defensive game for sure. Heard yesterday on 1290 that the D has only given up more than 20 points twice this year?? If I've got that right that's pretty good imo.
-
Nichols v strevler and the hole in our offense.
We are very fortunate to have a back-up QB that really is an option should something happen to Nichols. Haven't had this luxury in years! Right now we are totally winning in the battle of the trenches, and that is having an amazing effect on 33. And as long as he keeps buying the boys double cheeseburgers, we should be just fine!
-
The Rematch: Toronto back here Friday
There seems to be two major paths to success in the CFL.....QB play, and the battle of the trenches. We easily won both of those last week, and I see no reason why we won't again.
-
The Rematch: Toronto back here Friday
Coach if you put me in I could be less productive for sure!
-
The Day Early Game Day Thread BC @ WPG
Bomber store at IGF for sure....or maybe Royal Sports on Pembina. Personally I'd go to the Bomber store
-
Do The Lions Eat Us Up Saturday Night?
I'm still waiting for someone to let me know where I can purchase a ticket on the "fire Hall" bandwagon. And seriously, our defence just simply has to play better. I'm all good that we've used our rookie qb against 2 of the best teams in the league and he did okay, but the off-season changes to the defence were supposed to turn everything around. Last week was a horrible display from the O and the D. I'm expecting a big bounce-back game tonight, and the injection of our starting QB along with home field WILL have a positive outcome.
-
Why We Lost
I agree with several comments in this thread: 1. We lost the battle of the trenches. That's always a recipe for a loss. 2. Our defensive secondary was atrociously soft, and HALL did nothing to change the scheme. 3. MASOLI and the hard-count definitely disrupted the blitzes we were trying. And a question.....where can I get a ticket to get on the fire HALL bandwagon??
-
Head Shots
Totally agree with a big fine ( how about a week's pay ) or a suspension of at least one game. Those kind of hits have to be removed from the game. Muamba is a veteran player who totally knows better.
-
Week 2 @ Montreal: Streveler Round 2 And Willy On A Short Rope
Heard MO had a pick 6 off of Streveler in practice this week. He's good to go!
-
Game Day Thread - League Opener: Eskies
A few quick thoughts..... Streveler started (predictably) a little shaky, but settled down and played pretty well for a 23 year old rookie making his first start. Like many others have said I think we needed to let him use his feet and run the ball. He should get better, and I think the offence will get better as a result. Mike Reilly was at his vintage self last night, should've been sacked several times and escaped to throw completions. How many times have we seen him do this to us and many other teams! I thought our secondary played just like last year, and when the game was on the line they got torched....again. We've changed the players, and we still get the same result. What else can it be but the system?? And therefore the coach. I'm willing to wait one more week before I jump on the fire Hall band wagon. Does anybody else think that we may have lost Ross to a hamstring injury?? As a twitter doctor, that's my diagnosis.
-
Odds and Sods 2018 X-game 2 - Bombers at BC Lions
Totally agree with this. Are we going to miss Nicholls?? Abso-freakin-lutely. But our depth at both O and D is tremendous and while things are going to be painful I agree I think we are going to be just fine.
-
Odds and Sods 2018 X-game 2 - Bombers at BC Lions
Sunday may be rather stressful for some people!!
-
BC X:: Game Day Thread
Between listening to Suitor which made me gag, and the fact our backups were playing against their starters, I gave up on the game after the 3rd quarter. I've been very impressed with our Canadian draft picks and overall depth. The team we fielded last night was up against it, and to think that we had the lead at the half is indicative of the strength of our backups and PR guys. Some tough cuts will have to be made, some guys will hit the 6 game IR, and away we go! If we can survive the first 3rd of the season and be around .500 we will be fine. I want to see Streeveler as our 3rd string short yardage guy, and let him run the ball. If he's second string I'm okay with that as well.
-
BC X:: Game Day Thread
I had forgotten how much I hate listening to Suitor. May have to stream CJOB and have the TV on mute for away games. Did that with the Jets and Sportsnet all playoffs it worked well.
-
Best Wishes to All
All the best to you and yours sir.
-
When do we fire Richie Hall?
I continue to feel that changes to the defensive coaching staff are an absolute must. Player changes as well are a given. Getting torched, repeatedly, for deep "explosion" plays simply are unacceptable.
-
Talks with Mulumba
I trust what Walters is saying, and believe he's been acting in good faith. The kid has to prove himself and right now he and his agent are certainly proving themselves to be something .
-
Week 20: Bombers @ Stamps "Week Of" Thread
A friend of mine works at the arena, and Harris was there on Sunday night watching the Jets Philly game. If he can watch a hockey game his head is fine. Watching the puck and the players will tell you right away about the status of your head and whether you have a concussion or not. But like Westwood said on the Big Show this morning, I too will say a little prayer for #33 if he takes the field in Calgary. Get him to his 1000 and get him out.