Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ddanger

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ddanger

  1. No sense using a roster spot strictly for a holder. And what happens if there's a breakdown and a legit blocking attempt on the field goal and we injure Dressler even worse?? He's on the 1 game IR, and we dress Flanders. Nicholls or someone else can hold. #freeflanders
  2. I'm in total agreement with reducing the number of challenges. Refereeing and umpiring at the professional levels are all about experience and judgement. They see the play in real time, and make a call. Yes sometimes the player can mask an incomplete pass, fake a trip or a head shot, and a ref might go for it. These things happen. It's really easy for us fans with the benefit of slow motion and multiple camera angles to review and criticize. I for one was sickened by all the challenges by the coaches, and then the lengthy review process on all turnovers and scoring plays. It's just totally killing the CFL game, and turning it into one huge slow motion replay. Letting the players play, and the ref's ref is all good. Players will make mistakes, and referees will make wrong calls, it happens.
  3. I'm going to go on a little rant here...... In my section on the west side I sit with a group of STH's who have been together since the old place. My irritation with their negativity is beginning to get to the point where I'm thinking about moving to a different section. Last night the people behind me, who know more than the coach and gm, were unreal. Bitching about the offence, the defence, the coaching, and of course the ref's. Even after a good play they seemed to be able to find a reason to complain. Man I was happy when the left, and I gotta say even happier when we won!! Next home game I'm going to tell them to leave even earlier, cause it's clearly beneficial to the team!! I guess I just feel like we're supposed to be fans, so let's cheer on the team. If nothing they do is going to make you happy, then don't bother coming.
  4. Funny you mention that...I was thinking the same thing watching him jog off the field. Looked a little off as he was jogging. Something possibly not right, but in the warm up at the half he was kicking it almost 50.
  5. My 3 stars would be: #1. The D line. First play of the game Poop gets a sack and sent a strong message. Whole line was solid. I agree 55 has to get his penalties under control. #2. Harris. His will to succeed is second to none. I shudder to think where we'd be without him. #3. Medlock = money. I'll saw it again....he absolutely hammered that long range field goal, and he's worth every penny we pay him. HH. Defensive secondary, particularly Loffler, and Heath.
  6. Saw that idiot being escorted out. Hope they handed him off to the boys in blue to drop off into the drunk tank.
  7. It was a crazy game no doubt. Medlock is worth every penny that 56 yarder was absolutely hammered. A bad route and a couple of drops in the first half really had Nichols spitting nails. Sorry to see that person missing out on a million. I think the CFL really kills the game when they have to review every freakin play. The review of our touchdown to start the game took forever. Those plays are exciting and will bring fans to the games.
  8. I like Neufeld as the 6th o'line guy. And if he does get in he absolutely has the right passport.
  9. I agree Atomic I would also like to see a package with Harris playing receiver and Flanders as running back. Not sure we will see it any time soon however.
  10. Went to the game last night..got there a little late and could hear all the penalties being called. It seemed like it was every play by the time we got to our seats, and Edmonton was up 7. The penalties gotta stop, from both the refs and the players. My thoughts: Andrew Harris was Mr. Everything in the first half, strong and determined as always. Nice catch on a deep ball. Nichols looked quite rusty to begin, but settled in very nicely. Chungh had one sweet block to open up a lane. TJ Thorpe looked good till he got hurt, not sure how bad it was but he seemed pissed off. Denmark does what he does, catch the ball. Loved the size of our back up D Line, Poop and Butcher are a load. Didn't see much of Faith. Corney is bigger and still fast. Dom Davis....love how he throws the ball with such little effort. One really bad pass which got picked but a penalty saved it. And then the bomb...60 yards IN THE AIR . A thing of beauty. Glad the Rifles kids got to play.
  11. wow we parked in the U lot last year, directly across the street from the stadium. 3x it took us 45 minutes to get out of the lot! We started waiting inside the stadium after the game, too stressful to go sit in the car and not move
  12. lol they're still not sorted out mister!
  13. I haven't watched any TC, but certainly rewarding the Rifles players with the trip should be absolutely magical for them. Playing would be off the charts amazing. Obviously they've been adequate, and MOS, the players' coach, is giving them a reward, which also may be the experience of a lifetime.
  14. wow other than the 33k which we never seem to have anymore at IGF all your other complaints sound like you're a STH at IGF. I'm interested to see how the new road north of IGF, built primarily for buses, will address the horrible traffic issues we have at the end of games. I could literally walk home faster than I could last year going in my car. If it wasn't for my 85 year old inlaws we would walk for sure.
  15. disregard I saw some reports on him
  16. speaking of Medlock.....how's the kicker that we just drafted looking??
  17. Kid is built with glass it seems. Obviously it's something fairly serious to be talking out into the season. 6 game IR for him I bet and then we'll see,
  18. I may be completely wrong about this but......Richards is considered a veteran right?? And he's hurt in training camp. I don't think the Bombers can cut him until he's healthy. I don't think a veteran who gets injured is allowed to be cut.
  19. I'm thinking that this surely must be a make or break camp for Richards.
  20. He says he's coming to Winnipeg, so he'll sign. Faith and now Qadr. Two solid, solid kids. Those are the kind of players I want to see the team draft and develop. Just like Schiefle, Laine and Morrissey. Intelligent, mature, decent kids who will grow into men and not go off the rails. Very much going to be cheering for Faith & Qadr to make the team. Thanks for sharing this article.
  21. Man the more I read about this kid....the more I like him. And if football doesn't work out, it really seems to me that he's got his head screwed on right and he's going to be just fine. And that thing in the park?? Man that woulda been absolutely terrifying.
  22. Okay so where does this leave us with the quarterbacks?? Are we down to 3??
  23. This debate rages every year at draft time. The CFL puts on an evaluation camp for draft-eligible players and the teams are able to evaluate and interview. I believe that is where they assess a player's willingness to play in the CFL or if they are fielding offers from NFL teams. It's a big gamble for sure, but I have faith that Walters and company will have done all required due diligence. I also don't believe they can sign a player before drafting him. And I wouldn't trade the first overall for BLM, but I can understand the argument.
  24. This pretty well sums up my thoughts as well. I thought the hit was a clean, tough, football play. If Arceneaux is in possession of the ball it's not a penalty IMO. Loffler committed himself to the hit, and at full speed it's impossible to stop. He didn't hit his head, he made contact with his chest. I feel bad that Arceneaux was injured but as other posters have said it's football, and its a rough game.....
  25. Last couple of games we have been throwing the ball to Adams far too often IMO. Must spread it around. Glad to hear that Wild is back. It's too bad about Kohlert but what can you do, he is paid to catch the ball, and he's not. Kohlert has been money over the past few seasons, and hopefully he can rekindle that....

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.