Everything posted by ddanger
-
Odds and Sods - 2019 Grey Cup - Bombers vs Ticats
Thanks for all these Odds and Sods posts man....as always, fantastic and bang on
-
3 stars plus hh 2019 grey cup champions
My 3 stars are in no particular order, because really, they're all first stars! Harris....not going to be denied. MOP and MOC. Historic. O'line and D'line. Dominated in the trenches. Entire coaching staff for putting together a tremendous game plan and having the boys beyond ready to go. HH Thiadric Hansen and his bone-crushing destruction of 2 players on that return. No doubt the team totally took it up 10 notches after that!
-
2019 GREY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!
After the two beatings Hamilton put on us earlier this year, I really wasn't sure that we could win this game. But we had made changes, especially at the QB position. From the moment this game began, you could see our team was more than ready. The D line...the O line.....special teams....and of course the man who would not be stopped, Andrew Harris. I couldn't be prouder today of the whole organization.
-
QB
My thoughts on our qb situation into next year......Collaros is gone. Too much risk with an injury to justify a 1st round draft choice. Nichols I'm on the fence over. And it has to do with his shoulder. That could possibly be a career threatening injury. Streveler is getting significant raise and he's back. I really don't think he gets an NFL look. Mcguire is back because he's under contract.
-
QB
Having a capable starting qb is a must. Collaros is one, but given his injury history I just can't see the Bombers giving up a first round draft choice for him.
-
You all need to apologize to Paul LaPolice.
The second half adjustment was incredible, and I completely agree with you, I think it was the first time in a long time our team has done something like this. Kudo's to the coaches for a marvellous game plan. From top to bottom our team wanted that game more.
-
You all need to apologize to Paul LaPolice.
Are you referring to the offence?? If so, I don't think we could've run that tandem qb thing for the whole game. Streveler's ankle wouldn't make it.
-
3 stars plus hh world beating blue bombers
Whatta game yesterday. 1. Hall and LaPo for completely changing things in the 2nd half, and stunning Calgary. 2. Zack Streveler.A tandem qb system that crushed Calgary. Thought 17 should've been on the bench at the end, didn't need any extra pounding on that ankle. 3. Medlock. A 52 yarder in the cold?? Wow!! HH The defensive secondary who as a group had their best game of the year.
-
3 stars plus hh world beating blue bombers
I've been critical of his play,but not yesterday. Perhaps his best game as a Bomber
-
3 stars HH stamp the refs
And now for my 3 stars... 1. Collaros. The difference with a veteran qb was obvious. As a few have said, that TD to Adams isn't thrown by Nichols or Streveler. And on a side note Adams gets a gold star for his effort on that play. 2. Grant. Fantastic returns that really energized the team and the crowd. 3. Medlock. I have loved watching him play for years, and we are blessed that he's with us. Pretty cool to watch a HOF running back and kicker play. HH Demski. One of his better games for sure.
-
3 stars HH stamp the refs
Spent many plays last night watching our defensive secondary in passing situations. It was absolutely shocking the number of Calgary receivers WIDE open down the field. And that defensive breakdown that gifted them a TD?? Just can't be happening in game 18. I'm hoping for some crummy weather in 2 weeks to limit the throwing game.
-
Bench Streveler Again
Absolutely. Also the hit by Jeffcoat that erased a sack and gave them a first down was a killer for us late in the game. As bad as the offence was, these 2 plays by the defence really hurt us.
-
Bench Streveler Again
So Collaros took first team reps at practice today ( Tuesday ) and Streveler wasn't on the field. Guess the question has been answered. If we go with the experienced guy we absolutely have to get him into game action. I hope the kid retires after the season, there's too much long-term risk for him to keep playing. I also want to see McGuire get some reps. And finally, Trevor Harris is going to play this weekend, could Edmonton throw a wrinkle into this weekend's games?
-
GDT: Bombers at Stamps
It is absolutely stunning.....we all are outsiders looking in, but we start so strong,, and then the other team makes some changes to their plan, and we fall apart. Time and time again. I just don't see us making in-game adjustments. Can we steal the game in Riderville? I don't believe we would steal it, I really believe we are the better team.
-
GDT: Bombers at Stamps
And it's not Streveler's job ( for the most part ) to be a running back. I still feel he's a dynamite back-up qb,
-
3 stars plus hh stumped
Today my stars are going to the leaders and warriors.. 1. Streveler....full marks to him for leadership and tenacity. If we had a few more like him we could go all the way. 2. Harris. 3. Hardrick. HH. Sayles. Honourable mention to Lucky....great game
-
GDT: Bombers at Stamps
don't agree about biggie, but the rest I'm totally with you
-
GDT: Bombers at Stamps
we scored enough points to win....Calgary's defense isn't setting the world on fire today either...rushing 3 didn't work every time we did it, and yet we continued with that and our soft secondary coverages. I'm blaming the coaching staff on defense for this
-
Three stars plus hh birdy beaters
1. Harris.....another great game from 33 2. Hardrick....setting the tone on the line and clearly a leader on the team 3. Secondary...lots of picks and played them tough HH. Jefferson was in full beast mode
-
Fil de Jeu - Als @ Bombers
I had lots on my roof near my front door. Didn't want to lose the evestrough. Used the roof rake, and then had to move some of the snow, and the plastic shovel broke.
-
Fil de Jeu - Als @ Bombers
I'm looking for some imagination and creativity on offence, and some tight coverage on D. I'm not asking too much am I ??
-
Fil de Jeu - Als @ Bombers
Power here not an issue, but I've broken 2 shovels moving this crap
-
Bombers acquire Zach Collaros
Pretty sure we swapped draft picks with Toronto, and if we sign him we give them a 1st as well. No way we give up that. I'm glad we did something, and personally I hope he never sees the field. And that's got everything to do with his head, not his ability.
-
Osh is a Legend
Almost regardless how this season turns out I think we need to make some changes. It's not going to be an easy decision, but I agree with this that Lapo and Hall should move on. I want to keep O'Shea, but we gotta make some changes.
-
Osh is a Legend
I understand what you are saying here. Back in the old days most teams would pull their starting qb when the game was no longer in doubt. The crazy thing in the CFL is that many leads simply aren't safe even late in the 4th quarter. I totally share your concerns that should Streveler get hurt ( and we all know his style of play lends itself to him getting hurt ) we will be forced into playing Mcguire. I'd like to see him get some 2nd and short, 3rd and short reps to at least get some feel, like we did with Streveler.