Everything posted by ddanger
-
Game Day Thread: Week 15- Bombers @ Als, Khari Redux Edition
I just feel that we're going to establish our running game early today and not look back.
-
Game Day Thread: Week 15- Bombers @ Als, Khari Redux Edition
I'm thinking this is going to be a full display of our domination of the LOS. Both sides. I don't see a 300 yard passing game today. Excited to see what Neufeld can bring. They must be unhappy with the play of Gray.
-
3 stars plus HH banjobowling for fajardo
absolutely...4 weeks between games will be great for 33, and we need to keep his touches to a reasonable level as we get ready for playoffs
-
3 stars plus HH banjobowling for fajardo
1. Streveler...big improvement and he's just a beast when he's running the ball. I liked his deep throws, yes he over-cooked two of them but it's there. 2. D line led by WJ with tons of pressure on fajita....I bet he's pretty sore today. 3. Special teams...yes our new long-snapper fired one back to Medlock when no-one was ready, but when you think about it, he had what 2 practices and then plays in his first pro game in front of 33k fans. And our down-field cover guys were simply unstoppable and limited to returns. HH. Absolutely has to go to the UK Bomber fan who came all the way from Birmingham England to watch the game. Well done sir!!
-
Regular Season Bomber News
agreed
-
Regular Season Bomber News
Pretty disappointed to hear that the hit on Remple was okay. I'll respectfully disagree
-
Regular Season Bomber News
So it would seem that Remple is probably out for the banjo bowl. I haven't seen anything from the league yet regarding a fine/suspension.
-
Regular Season Bomber News
I'm going to consider the source for the Matt Nichols thing... And let me get this straight....Santiago got hurt last week in practice so he was released, and despite initial reports McAllister has agreed to a PR spot?? I didn't mind how he played after laying on his couch!
-
Labour Day Classic GAMEDAY THREAD
exactly
-
Labour Day Classic GAMEDAY THREAD
Hitting a player who isn't involved in the play is unnecessary roughness.... Remple was definately starting to come up, but I think it can be argued that the Rider player engaged him when he was still coming out of his stance. And accelerated him backwards causing him to land on the back of his head. A dangerous and unnecessary play. Personally I believe this was a penalty and I expect the league to levy a fine.
-
Labour Day Classic GAMEDAY THREAD
the way his head hit the ground i'm going with concussion....after all, I'm a Twitter doctor
-
Looking ahead to the Banjo Bowl
Absolutely!! The command centre constantly seems to be interfering with the calls on the field ( which I fine to be demeaning to the officials ) and to not have that play reviewed and called back is brutal.
-
Looking ahead to the Banjo Bowl
I just saw that hit on our long snapper. Unreal. Not only was it blatant, but that it was missed by the officials is pathetic. And clearly from the reaction by the coach, he thinks it was intentional as well. I'm expecting a fine for sure, and would be really happy if the fine was in the form of a suspension.
-
Labour Day Classic GAMEDAY THREAD
Here's my 2 pennies worth: Our "prevent" defense at the end of the game doesn't work. Rushing 3 guys, and allowing the other team to push the ball down-field is a disaster. That's 2 games we've gassed at the end playing prevent. Yoshi is playing hurt, and I agree we need to rest him. He's far better than he was playing yesterday. I absolutely expect a win in our building next week. Speaking of playing hurt, Streveler was doing his fair share of limping at the end, hope it's nothing serious.
-
Labour Day Classic GAMEDAY THREAD
I thought I might puke with the amount of times TSN showed Fajardo's father. Pretty sure Streveler's dad comes to all the games as well, maybe they will show him next weekend??
-
Labour Day Classic GAMEDAY THREAD
Absolutely what I was thinking. We roll out Streveler and that keeps their dline honest.
-
Labour Day Classic GAMEDAY THREAD
I bet he's getting lots of therapy on that hammy....those injuries take forever to heal.
-
Labour Day Classic GAMEDAY THREAD
Thought he played quite well. His first start and it's the LDC. Yikes. I think people need to remember we played with 3 o'line and a RB that are essentially rookies. Our back-up qb.as well. Next week will be very different.
-
3 stars plus hh saskasuck
My 3 stars: Augustine. Lots of pressure for his first start, and I thought he played quite well. Lawler. I've been critical of his play this year, and he was great in this game. D line. All of them had great moments, lots of pressure and plenty of sacks. HH: Gotta hand it to the refs for calling a brilliantly one-sided game. Holding on our d line galore.
-
3 stars plus hh saskasuck
this is the wrong thread but I agree with all of this....we have a quarterback who is a huge threat to run, and we need to go with the RPO. There was one play in the 2nd half that really stood out when we went with the qb option to Augustine, and they completely bit on it and tackled him for a minimal gain, while Streveler was completely alone running around the corner.
-
Labour Day Classic GAMEDAY THREAD
absolutely....no way we start the game doing that. May have been a totally different game last week had Ottawa not spotted them 3 scores.
-
Bombers release Chris Matthews
wow thought he was making more than that and I was surprised when I read that all we saved was 50k by releasing him.
-
Week Of: Bombers @ Esks
Yes I get that....what I meant was that it was risky to have only 2 quarterbacks available period. I felt we needed to have a 3rd qb here to be learning the system just in case. Dressing 2 is fine, but I wanted another here as insurance, and lo and behold, they've brought in another guy. If Streveler leads with his head again this weekend we shall need another guy!
-
Bombers release Chris Matthews
I'm not surprised with this in the least. Seemed disinterested when playing, and we just can't have that from a top money player.
-
Andrew Harris suspended for 2 games
This whole thing has been going on for over a month now....I believe what Andrew has been saying, simply because the tests were so close together. I know nothing about the science involved, but I thank those who have posted. It just seems to me that he has a clean test, and then, if he thinks he's in the clear and away we go, he wouldn't have "trace amounts", he'd have the full-on high score. So I believe what he's telling us, and I hope he has had the supplement tested as well. I think this has ended his MOP chances for sure.