Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ddanger

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ddanger

  1. There we go, Mcguire...thanks
  2. I gotta say these drops by our receivers are horrifying. 4 tonight by my count. I remember years ago at the old stadium we had a team with the dropsies. Gotta work through it. I'm thrilled for our kicker....Leggs ( because I can't spell his name ). This could very well be a career-making game for him. Missing either the long one or the game winner would've been a disaster for him. Anyway, if he keeps this up Crapinga will be out of a job. Like many have said, this vanilla defence is just awful.
  3. You guys have gotten away from this thread....it's 3 stars and Happy Honker! 1. Leggs....not sure what went wrong with the convert kick, but after that he was solid. Which kick was more important for his head...the long one or the game winner?? I'm thrilled for the kid. 2. Harris. I think the offence plays with more confidence when he's got the ball. 3. Miller. Plays tight end, defence, and special teams. He's very very good. HH. Hardrick. I just love his enthusiasm and attitude. Sadly no hops this year, but running around with Leghio on his shoulder tonight is just awesome. He did the same thing in the Toronto game, can't remember who he carried around then. Also honourable mention to Mike Benson ( long snapper ) and the holder #12. ( brain cramp can't think of his name)
  4. so do we get an automatic point from the toronto edmonton game??
  5. Yes the hit was penalized, and yes he's probably getting a fine. I don't believe it was premeditated at all.
  6. I might walk back my earlier comments a little bit, but it's sure easy to look at slow motion and make or unmake a penalty call. I don't like that part at all. Let the refs do their thing. The command centre is far too involved IMO. 3 stars: Miller for the record; Jackson; Willy. HH: Hansen for his special teams work. I think this game exposed some weaknesses. We had to know that they were going to come hard on D, and they did. We didn't adjust for that. I like it when we go heavy on the o'line. I think they're trying to shelter Leggs by having him punt and do kick-offs, but Crapinga needed to make those 2 field goals, not only for the team, but to save his job. I don't think he survives many more misses. Leggs is our future kicker, as long as he gets some solid mentoring. Westwood?? MIller #25 has got to go.
  7. I was very disappointed with the call against BA. "Watch out for the safety!" But the thing I was most disappointed in was that the on-field refs didn't call that, the command centre did. The constant weakening of the authority of the onfield guys is awful. I really don't think it was the refs that cost us this game. Drops, poor tackling, inability to adjust and counter the Argo D.
  8. Last week in warmups Crapinga was trying field goals from 50....and hit the crossbar two kicks in a row. Later Leggio kicked one cleanly through with some room to spare from 53. But can he do it when there's bad guys around?? There's been many comments about the fall-off from Harris to Oliviera in this thread, and I would like to mention that there's an even bigger fall-off in our kicking game. Medlock was outstanding, and a sure-fire HOF member coming up. Leggio has tons of potential no doubt, and I think we have to grind it out with him this year.
  9. I think the most important thing for this week is on the line. Our o'line in particular had a very rough night last week and has to be better. There were many times last week that Toronto shot themselves in the foot...or feet at times. Penalties and poor play from MBT and Arbuckle. Personally I'm worried about the game this week. Could be a close one!
  10. wow that's a little frightening for our D line. Hopefully Willy and Jackson are able to play.
  11. Guess we all knew this day would come where Andrew can't perform at his customary level. And a realization for him that he doesn't heal up as quick as he used to.
  12. Perhaps we shall see Augustine start the year on the IR, and jump in when/if there's an injury.
  13. That's what's really important imo for the Bombers. No huge upfront bonus to hurt our cap. And if he gets a serious injury ( God forbid its another bad concussion ) then he goes on the 6 game and his $$ doesn't go against the cap. Bombers are protected!
  14. would you mind deleting a few of my posts as well please? Sure didn't think we had a chance in the Collaros sweapstakes. Really didn't think we'd give up the draft pick.
  15. I'm glad that Rose and Kongbo have landed at least the possibility of full-time employment down south. Good for them, and bad for us. I just hope that they remember Winnipeg if things don't work out. Especially Kongbo. Has there been any news on Streveler? Him putting on a shirt isn't what I'm asking about!
  16. exactly....the injury to his throwing shoulder is major, in terms of potentially threatening his career.
  17. Merry Christmas and all the best for a happy and healthy New Year!
  18. glad this has been sorted out....don't think it was really ever in doubt
  19. Glad Neufeld's back,I thought he might pack it in after getting the cup.
  20. Totally agree. Nichols went on the 6 game, and whatever salary had to be paid from that point forward didn't apply to the cap. So yes there should be some cash in the bank to cover a couple of extra 2019 signing bonuses. I hadn't thought of this!
  21. I think the biggest dilemma is at the QB position....and the hardest choices. I won't be surprised if Nichols is gone, nor will it be a shock if we keep him. I think we gotta keep Streveler for sure. For Nichols everything will depend on his shoulder healing. Obviously this injury is career threatening IMO.
  22. walked around outside in the rain wearing my Death Roh shirt and didn't care! May have been the beverages.....but I don't think so. So happy and excited for our city and the team!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.