Everything posted by bearpants
-
Game day thread: Winnipeg at snowy Calgary
no offense (b/c I usually like most your posts) but if Booch says pros rarely, if ever, "mail it in"... I trust his opinion more than yours on that topic...
-
Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)
+3... I can officially confirm at least 9 tickets have been sold...
-
In Case You Missed It
The difference between Neufeld the last two games vs the Neufeld that struggled for 2 season with the Bombers is supporting cast... He's got perennial all-star Bryant to his left and rising star Goossen to his right... He's just gotta do his job and he knows full well the other guys will do theirs...
-
Injuries / ratio
I agree that Denmark isn't the player he used to be... but how many would complain if he comes up with a stat line of 5 for 55 yards and 2 TDs (this was his production in the banjo bowl)... I think he can still be a productive receiver and hope he has a few decent performances left in the tank...
-
Eskis @ Bombers: Playoffs Are Here / Raise Expectations
Anyone on this site that lives in Manitoba better be in the stands Sunday afternoon!... Otherwise a full banishment from this site is the only acceptable solution...
-
Lapolice Should Say No To Any Offers From Bob Glieberman Wettenhall In MTL
I also like the idea of Buck continuing to "mentor" under Lapo... I hope Buck can become an OC one day... learning from a very good coach never hurts...
-
Edmonton Eski-dolts @ Regina Ridirts: Who Do We Want?
I've never seen a better use of the word "infects"....
-
Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)
I did get a chance to watch a lot of this game (a nice advantage to trying to get a new born to sleep) and I agree the Argos are legitimate cup contenders this year... But I would also love to meet them in Ottawa Nov 26... let's set up Medlock for another game winner and see how it goes this time
-
Lapolice Should Say No To Any Offers From Bob Glieberman Wettenhall In MTL
Tough to imagine Lapo would want to work under Kavis Reed and Joe Mack... I mean, he's been there before with Mack as a GM and Kavis as his DC... that being said, HC jobs are rare... only 9 currently exist... so I would not be surprised at all if he took an interview to consider his options...
-
Fire Richie Hall !!!! DISGRACE COACH
yes... usually the offense (Lapo) would be going against the defense (Bene)...
-
Edmonton Eski-dolts @ Regina Ridirts: Who Do We Want?
I know Edmonton is flying right now... but we've played them really well both games this year... we broke their 7 game streak earlier this year... so maybe we'll have a chance to break their 5 game streak next week!
-
2017 Team Awards
With Harris locking up the rushing title, I think he has a good shot at winning MOC... Singleton should be a lock for MODP... both guys get an award!
-
Game day thread: Winnipeg at snowy Calgary
Were you the guy with the "#54 okpo for mvp" sign?... also wearing a bombere hockey jersey...
- Odds and Sods - Blue Bombers at Calgary Stampeders
-
Injuries / ratio
Unless I missed something I'm pretty sure Hardrick played all game yesterday... and played well...
-
Bye bye Dan suicide pass Lefevour...
But how about when they were together on the 1997 riders... you know, the thing we were talking about...
-
Should this regime be on the hot seat?
Have you been watching the same Chris Randle as me?... if anything, I'd argue his play has improved this year...
-
Should this regime be on the hot seat?
I don't advocate for Hall and his defenses... but your level of rhetoric has gone beyond ridiculous... I'm fairly sure a team that has posted consecutive 11 wins seasons doesn't employ the worst Defense in CFL history...
-
2017 Team Awards
You're right... and unfortunately it's mostly injury related...
-
2017 Team Awards
That's not possible... it has to be east vs west... unless you're just talking about the west nominee.... Also agree about ST... Medlock has not been very good this year... that was a "name-recognition" vote... Mike Miller would get my vote for sure....
-
Bye bye Dan suicide pass Lefevour...
Good point... I was thinking more from a talent/experienced back-up perspective... if he is getting on people the second Nichols makes a bad throw, he'd had no place in the Bombers locker room....
-
Should The Bombers Give WR Greg Carr A Call To Return To Winnipeg?
I'm not old enough to remember the glory days you speak of but I have very fond memories of the groups of Stegall, Simon, Bobby Gordon, ABIII of the early 00s.... then a few years later with Milt, Edwards and Armstrong... those were some amazing groups....
-
Week 20: Bombers @ Stamps "Week Of" Thread
I don't think enough people appreciate how valuable Flanders is in this offense... everyone keeps mentioning losing Adams (which is obviously huge too)... but I think our offense runs best around Adams, Flanders and Harris, with Dressler as the 4th option...
-
Should this regime be on the hot seat?
I would be fully on board with Jim Barker as Kyle Walters' right hand man... we know that would only happen with the agreement that Walters "call the shots" with Barker and O'Shea having input... if it wouldn't work this way, it would never happen...
-
Week 20: Bombers @ Stamps "Week Of" Thread
I think Edm is currently on a 4-game win streak... I think being around the noise of the arena would be a better indicator of how is head is doing...