Everything posted by bearpants
-
Will we be better or worse?
Not that I was taking it seriously in the first place... but as soon as I saw that, I knew it was a complete joke...
-
Training Camp 2018
Hard to imagine it's not Fenner - Bighill - JSK.... I'm also assuming Leggett won't be back to 100...
-
TSN Panel Changes
This is my favourite part about these changes... Rod Smith is a good panel host but he is a fantastic play-by-play guy... he needs to be in the both more often... Kate will make a great panel host...
-
Training Camp 2018
He's currently wearing #50... it'll be interesting to see if he negotiates a number deal with Shayne Gauthier or if he decided to pay tribute his HC... no more fitting player to do that...
-
Bomber Moves 2018
I love that the media is obsessed with the Johnny Manziel signing... meanwhile, we quietly went ahead a signed, quite possibly, the best FA on the market and no one seems to notice... I like when everyone sleeps on the Bombers!
-
Training Camp 2018
I believe when he was drafted he was considered to be a "Taylor Loffler-type" player... they probably hope he makes the game day roster as a special teamer and Loffler back up...
-
Training Camp 2018
Any Adam Bighill sightings yet?... I have yet to hear if he has arrived in town or suited up at TC...
-
Around the League: 2018 Season
Not saying Freeman will be anything special... but it's pretty silly to write off a CFL rookie after only 2 days of training camp... I will say, however, that he's gotta show something in pre-season to have a shot at sticking around...
-
Around the League: 2018 Season
Since when does Jake Harty play for the Riders??
-
Family Day
Or... as long as the mommy fan is at least somewhat tolerant of the daddy fan's irrational obsession... that works too...
-
Darian Durant Retires
Um, in case you haven't noticed... he is THE source... no real sources necessary! 😁
-
Darian Durant Retires
Every time I see a post from @TheSource coming up, I think, this should be good for a laugh... and he never fails to disappoint... Thanks for always adding some levity to the conversation...
-
Darian Durant Retires
I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt... you never know what might come up unexpectedly in someone's personal life that would affect this decision (maybe an unexpected family illness, etc)... but to not even inform the team is certainly suspect...
-
Bomber Moves 2018
In his defense... I'm almost positive he was touched down by DB #31...
-
Darian Durant Retires
Well this is shitty news... was really looking forward to having a nice security blanket behind Nichols...
-
2018 CFL Draft
Like most drafts... we can look back at it in a few years a determine how well the bombers did... for now I'll just have to trust our scouts and management...
-
2018 CFL Draft
I have a legitimate question... it seems you don't like the picks based on principle... the thought seems to be if we're starting 2 cdn at receiver, it's a good idea to have some depth... on top of that, they likely had Petermann at the top of the board by that pick... what's the negative? Should they be looking to fill other needs?... do you think a lb or DB would've been a better pick? Or was there someone at 26 you would've preferred they pick?... Asking for real, not looking for a fight?
-
2018 CFL Draft
3 consecutive hyphenated names to round out the fourth... that's gotta be some kind of cfl draft record...
-
2018 CFL Draft
Seems like the bombers are going BPA... no matter what position...
-
2018 CFL Draft
Maybe those mock drafts of the bombers taking like 6 wrs aren't that far off...
-
2018 CFL Draft
Wasn't knevel ranked #1 at one point?
-
Round 2 - Game 3: Predators @ Jets
Watching the post-game interviews and all the preds could do is complain about the refs.... watch all those penalties from the third period again and tell me which one wasn't an obvious penalty?... Pekka Rinne called his slashing penalty "a little tap on the back".... really?? you did a full 360 degree spin and got your entire body into slashing Lowry on that play... Meanwhile, Laviolette showed all class and despite being noticeably pissed off he accepted defeat and said he team needs to be more disciplined... the team should learn from him...
-
Bomber Moves 2018
So much for Homer and Flanders playing on the same team...
-
2018 CFL Draft
mini camp invite is not the same as a UDFA contract... mini camp is a try out and UDFA contract is actually putting real money on a guy to be there... more likely the team will be invested in the player...
-
Mini-camp info - April 24-26
I'm not sure if Washington being released should be considered a surprise... He wasn't so good that an impressive rookie couldn't knock him off the roster... which is likely what happened...