Everything posted by bearpants
-
THE MORNING AFTER...WITH COFFEE
I don't love our defensive schemes but this is exactly what a "bend, don't break" defense is supposed to look like... I don't really care that we gave up 430+ yards... the most important stat is that we gave up 19 points... and with our offense... that should be good For The W every time...
-
3 stars + HH deadmonton edition
And there was one called against Edm!... I guess there goes my "Winnipeg-only" penalty theory! I think what happened there is Goose recognized the late substitution (as he normally does) and snapped the ball quickly and perhaps this one time, Nichols wasn't ready for it... It definitely wasn't a botched hand-off as some suggested...
-
Lock of the Week Final Two
I didn't see the end of the game, I was driving over to my brother's place to watch the Bombers game... but I had CJOB on and Bob gave an update that Tor had scored two TDs and won in OT... I thought, c'mon Wilder had to have got one of them... But alas, it wasn't meant to be
-
Lock of the Week Final Two
Congratulations @kelownabomberfan! ... nice battle til the end...
-
What will it take to beat Edmonton?
yikes... that's an impressive receiving group Edm has...
-
Ridirts @ Rodblacks - An Upset From Ottawa Must Happen
short of Sask completely pooping the bed or Lindley being SIGNIFICANTLY better than last week... I see no reason the Riders don't win this game easily...
-
Lock of the Week Final Two
good call... I was actually thinking about taking him... but instead I'll go with James Wilder Jr
-
What will it take to beat Edmonton?
If my math is correct... the magic number to clinch a home playoff game (if we beat Edm) will be 2...
-
Bombers in best Uniform contest
I think the argos have nice uniforms... might even go as far as saying the second best in the league...
-
Restaurant/food thread
Literally every time Flanders scores a TD (or actually just gets the ball) I think of this...
-
Random Death Notice 2017
If the afterlife exists... he's one of the few people that just went to a worse place... RIP Hef
-
Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)
this is literally what @Atomic and @sweep the leg were saying... so we're all on the same page now!
-
Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)
Not defending either guy but.... Gronk does not have any domestic violence on his rap sheet... and in the NFL, the biggest factor is skill... Gronk may be the best (or at least most physically gifted) TE to ever play the game...
-
Nissan Pre-game Sideline Experience
I'm just waiting for my "season ticket holder for life" t-shirt! Pretty much the only reason I signed up...
-
What will it take to beat Edmonton?
We can still lose this game and win the season series... as long as we lose by 6 or less... so really a loss potentially isn't the end of the world... that being said, a win would just be much simpler!
-
Bombers Release Thorpe
If we didn't discuss something b/c we are not privy to all the facts... would we ever discuss anything??
-
Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)
I feel like you're missing @Atomic's point a bit here... the league approves one guy and denies another guy the next day while they seemingly have the same (or very similar) rap sheet... why didn't the CFL make a statement on Richardson and why he was allowed to sign a contact... seems fair to question it...
-
Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)
Sounds like Mr Richardson has the "brains" to match his "skill"... http://3downnation.com/2017/09/26/new-riders-rb-trent-richardson-i-would-love-to-go-out-there-and-run-somebody-over/ Asked what he knows about the CFL... "Not much. I know it’s end zone to end zone – 120..." And it sounds like he thinks he gonna walk in a dominate the CFL... "...I know you put a pigskin, a football in my hand I’m ready to run and do what I do best – get in the end zone and probably run over a player or two" I would love to see him run into a wall by the name of Alex Singleton, Bear Woods or Solomon Elimimian and see how many people he thinks he's gonna run over after that...
-
Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)
Yeah, kind of what I was thinking
-
Restaurant/food thread
You beat me to it... I was just going to mention I went to One Great City on the weekend... I very much enjoyed it... I would recommend it for several reasons: 1. All craft beer, brewed in-house... 2. I had the pulled pork sandwich and fries... it was fantastic... didn't try any other food but I'm sure there's other gems on the menu... 3. It's local... you're supporting a Wpg business going there, not some major national or international chain... that's something that's important to me anyways...
-
Random News Items
Interested to see who "some of its users" will be...
-
US Politics
this is a pretty good article... as usual, Trump's comments were not about football, maybe not about racism, and certainly not about politics... it was just another move to massage his ego... (the article is not really about Kaepernick so don't let the title prevent you from clicking) https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/25/colin-kaepernick-donald-trump-nfl-anthem-protests-teresa-kaepernick
-
Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)
I hope so... b/c Marshall is a much better back than Richardson... so it would be funny if they got rid of one of their most productive offensive players for a dud... I think you're bang on... he does not plan to be in Sask for a long time... he's trying to win quickly so he can cash in on his next job... Because of that mindset and mostly cuz he works for Sask makes me want to see him fail ever so much...
-
Bombers Release Thorpe
Great scoop... how did you get Thorpe to admit this to you?!?
-
Who has the better team: Calgary or Winnipeg?
I like Nichols and the direction we are going in... but I've been saying for years (even when most others say it's BLM) that Mike Reilly is the best QB in the CFL...