CFLPA All-Star Team

Jacquie

Pretty nice indication of where a team is at talent and coach wise when chosen by the Players Association

Nice for Moe too...recognition from his peers probably means more as well...they are the guys in the league who really know who the true ballers are anyway

Edited by Booch

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Impressed that Darvin Adams was chosen as one of the top receivers considering the competition. 

I think some of the other receivers get a bit more credit from fans and media than they deserve, maybe based on past seasons. Arsenault didn't do much this year.... everybody loves him.

Some of the Eskimo receivers same thing.

8 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

The players chose a players coach? What a surprise. :lol:

It often seems that after too many years of a players coach, a change to a harder coach is welcomed by players. But then its not like it used to be. When coaches chose pads vs no pad practice, and at rare times some especially tough coaches  instituted 2 a days mid season.  All HCs now a days seem some variant of a players coach compared to the not soo distant past.

Glad for mos and the organization. Been a long time since our HC would be considered for some thing like that. 

9 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Pretty interesting stuff. 

Glad that the players at least recognize Moe Leggett for the player he is. Seems like the kind of guy everyone around the league notices yet the media ignores. 

Also neat to see them showing O'Shea the love. Players coach if I've ever seen one. 

I swear every one league wide knows how great moe is, out side of the media that is. I know some other teams fans who love the guy. Chris randle gets a bit more love but still a fraction of what he deserves too. 

On 11/25/2017 at 6:31 PM, wbbfan said:

When coaches chose pads vs no pad practice, and at rare times some especially tough coaches  instituted 2 a days mid season.  All HCs now a days seem some variant of a players coach compared to the not soo distant past.

You're kind of completely ignoring the fact that this is outlawed by the CBA now...

On 11/25/2017 at 9:44 AM, Noeller said:

MOS for Coach.... Just fantastic. That makes my day. Really neat to see what players around the league think... That matters so much more than idiot media. 

Yea I've always taken these all-stars as a better indicator then the media picked ones. good on the bombers for such a solid showing.  O'shea getting the nod is pretty awesome too.

44 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Sure... but don't you think that might be a factor in a FA deciding whether he'd rather play for Mike O'Shea or get screamed at by Jason Maas (for example)...

so much this....you want quality players to come to Winnipeg? Having a coach they want to play for is a big part of it...

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

so much this....you want quality players to come to Winnipeg? Having a coach they want to play for is a big part of it...

And absolutely everything we have heard is that guys want to come to Winnipeg and play for O'Shea. Really makes Kyle Walters job easier. Just one more thing to sell a guy on when trying to get their interest. 

3 minutes ago, J5V said:

Then why, after 4 years of O'Shea, have we not been able to get a MLB? From Kuale to Hurl it has been a disaster. 

Is that due to an inability to attract an MLB, or due to lack of trying because the staff is satisfied with Hurl/Kuale (for whatever reason)?  I'd lean towards the second option, as we haven't ever heard of the Bombers trying to attract an FA MLB.

7 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Is that due to an inability to attract an MLB, or due to lack of trying because the staff is satisfied with Hurl/Kuale (for whatever reason)?  I'd lean towards the second option, as we haven't ever heard of the Bombers trying to attract an FA MLB.

This....

40 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I honestly think they were ready to move on from Hurl last year and try out Knox as the MLB, for whatever reason didn't have the ability to find a reliable back up, or another starting CND and brought hurl back in. Fully believe they settled for him and he wasn't what they planned to go with until late.