bearpants
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Forum: Blue Bomber Discussion
Everything posted by bearpants
-
Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)
I don't think anyone... other than rider fans... is actually arguing this...
-
Let's play Fantasy GM
not that I think either is on the table... but if we HAD to trade one of them, I think it would be a no-brainer to trade Nevis... Poop is younger, cheaper, and has consistently performed better this year... and most importantly has a awesome nickname...
-
Jonathan Hefney fundraising
Sorry @Jpan85 but your grammar is not exactly up to snuff... if it had looked like this: It would have been more clear!
-
The Environment Thread
you make a good point here... I've always believed that the earth is going through some sort of cycle right now... historically the earth basically destroys itself every several million years, so maybe we are in the process of seeing that now... are humans helping out the cause? probably a little bit... but I have a hard time believing the current climate change is 100% human induced...
-
Hamilton @ Winnipeg: Homefield Might Be Clinched For WSF Edition
Hmmm, Ted Wyman reports on what he sees in practice.... then uses logic and a little bit of reasoning to report on the football club without hearing it from them... Meanwhile, Wicek is probably crying right now that no one has given him an update on the injured players...
-
MOP award
I'm not so sure about that... I still have confidence that he'll make a big kick in a big situation... but he is 5th or 6th in kicking % right now...
-
Some Food For Thought
He's already gone on record as saying just give him the ball and he will score touchdowns and knock people over... also that he is too talented to be in the sidelines... he thinks he's going to walk in here and become the best RB in the league overnight... That, coupled with the fact that he plays for the Riders... makes me want him to fail miserably and wash out of football for good...
-
Deadliest Mass Shooting In US History - Las Vegas
It's stories like this that make me so thankful to live in Canada.... Every time I hear someone talk about America being the best country in the world, my first reaction is "impossible, 2nd to Canada is as high as you can go".... And yes, I realize we are not immune to terrorist attacks and extreme gun violence... but it is almost an every day occurrence in the US... How different could that Edmonton attack have been if the terrorist had easy access to assault/automatic weapons... I genuinely feel safe going almost any where in Canada... can't say I feel the same way when I'm in a lot of areas in the US...
-
Andrew Harris 1000/1000 Watch
I'm always tempted to lean towards Stan Bryant when the conversation of "who's the best O-lineman" shows up... he's the anchor of the line, he leads with his play... and how often is Nichols pressured from the blind side?
-
Andrew Harris 1000/1000 Watch
I agree with you... but if he walks into that game at 985/955 (or whatever)... there's no chance he's sitting....
-
Passport aside...
This is kind of what I was thinking... but I'd modify it to say Harris' body and brain with Blink's skill set... I'd rather have 5'11 and 220 lbs vs 5'6, 180 (soaking wet)...
- IN CASE YOU MISSED IT...
-
MOP award
The greatest of all times of all time? GOAT = Greatest Of All Time... if you weren't aware... joking aside, the real issue I have with this statement is "one of".... Milt is the greatest receiver to ever play in the CFL... end of conversation...
-
MOP award
if we get the latter without receiving any of the former... I don't think you'll find one complainer here!
-
D. Adams
No body catches everything (except for maybe Julio Jones... but I'm fairly sure he's some kind of robot and not an actual human)... even Mr Sticky Hands Odell Beckham has been dropping some easy ones this year...
-
Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)
That PI call was brutal... I can't believe video review "confirmed" it... As for the off-sides screen shots... you can't see where the ball is but it looks like there is some other movement on the field, which means the ball is probably snapped already... so you can't put too much into where the receivers are...
-
Jonathan Hefney fundraising
Just looking at the list of donors... Cvety and Westerman have each put in $200 and Andrew Hawkins contributed $1000... nice to see support from fellow teammates and opponents... I'll contribute but I can't say I have to spare funds to match Cvety and Westy
-
Random Death Notice 2017
NO, NO, NO!! I can't take this right now... Tom Petty is one of my all-time favorites... just an all around cool guy and phenomenal talent... This is pretty devastating from a personal musical influence level....
-
TSN 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5
the reality is sticking with the first game usually makes more sense.... unless it's a blow out...
-
D. Adams
So you're saying those number don't even include the last two games?... over 240ish yards and 2 TDs against Ottawa and Edmonton...
- THE MORNING AFTER...WITH COFFEE
-
Hamilton @ Winnipeg: Homefield Might Be Clinched For WSF Edition
the magic number is 2... 2 Bomber wins or a combination of Bomber wins + Sask AND Edm losses = 2 will lock up 2nd...
-
MOP award
I agree with you... if Calgary win 15 or 16 this year the award is going to BLM... doesn't matter what Nichols or Harris does... 1000/1000 might be the only way to change that... but at that point he's a lock for MOC so the voters might not want to give him both....
-
Ridirts @ Rodblacks - An Upset From Ottawa Must Happen
I hope not... the best coaches should get the best jobs, period... Devone Claybrooks is probably the best defensive coordinator in the league... and no one will question it for a second when he get a HC job... Somebody has to coach them... right?
-
CFL Toss Up of the Week: Regina at Toronto
Why would they be down after a big come from behind victory?