Everything posted by bearpants
-
Who has the better team: Calgary or Winnipeg?
Back to the topic at hand... my take: Offense: Bomber consistently put up more yards and points... Defense: there is no close 2nd to Calgary in the league right now... Special Teams: They're probably better at returning (see Finch)... while we're probably better on coverage... 11 wins vs 9 wins and a 29-10 win suggests Calgary is currently the better team... but hopefully we can get to McMahon on Nov 18 and make a statement...
-
"Get on your feet, Bomber fans"
You should've started with this so we would know your opinion is invalid anyways... We won the turkey legs once... let's just say I'm glad I didn't pay money for it... but I was hungry and it was free... so no real complaints....
-
Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)
Trent Richardson and Vince Young are gonna take the Riders to the cup... book it* *this is not considered a guarantee by Rider fan logic...
-
What will it take to beat Edmonton?
I've seen suck before, but Lankford is the suckiest bunch of suck that ever sucked... how's that?
-
What will it take to beat Edmonton?
Wade Boggs, is that you??
- Odds and Sods - Ottawa RedBlacks at Blue Bombers
-
Lock of the Week Final Two
I didn't get a chance to watch that game... but I may have cursed his name when I saw the boxscore! At this very moment, I'm disappointed you were right last week... but when I was watching Harris shredding through the Ottawa defense on his way to the endzone... you better believe I was standing up and cheering!
-
THE MORNING AFTER...WITH COFFEE
Loved that hit by Miles... he just grabbed McDuffie and drove him back about 7 or 8 yards... all hustle and strength from those Canadian LBs dominating special teams... Some people were "concerned" about Flanders lining up as a slot back... AFAIC he played exactly the same role as previous, they just listed him at a different spot on the depth chart
-
Game day thread: Ottawa QuarterBLACKS vs Bomber BYES
excellent prediction... turns out we literally didn't need a pass rush... Lindlay was just that bad...
-
Dressler injured (again)
I would go as far as saying Harris might be the only RB in the league that excels at all three...
- Odds and Sods - Ottawa RedBlacks at Blue Bombers
-
2016 re-draft
possibly... we'll never know... though, getting some meaningful starting reps certainly would've helped shed the "bust" label...
-
Bombers in best Uniform contest
I was just going to say if it's a fan vote, the puke greens are likely going to win... but then I read this:
-
2016 re-draft
I actually disagree with your premise... I think him retiring is a major factor in him being a bust... if he had gone on to play 10 years as a great special teamer, and defensive rotational player... he would be considered a good pick... not necessarily worthy of 1st round, but definitely not a bust...
-
Lock of the Week Final Two
Dammit.... now I want you to be right! I'll go with Jeremiah Johnson
-
2016 re-draft
yeah exactly... would've been the 2nd overall pick... sure in hindsight, if we had skipped on Wagonner and taken Singleton at #2, we'd be better off... but you could say that about 100s of picks over the years... but @tracker's comment that we were not on the ball still doesn't make any sense... maybe Sask, Tor, Hammy, Mtl, and BC are kicking themselves for passing him up though (probably not BC)...
- WFC to unveil Cal Murphy statue at IGF
-
Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)
Chad Owens is never getting on the field in the Riders uniform... his signing was complete a PR/leadership move...
-
2016 re-draft
I looked it up... Singelton went #6 to Calgary and we selected Corney and Couture at #9 and #10...
-
2016 re-draft
How do you figure that?.... If I recall he was a late add due to obtaining eligibility... and we had already used our first rounder on Wagonner... Unless you think we should've traded up to get him?
- WFC to unveil Cal Murphy statue at IGF
-
Province takes $56M Loss in Stadium Deal
I hear a water park put Brockway, North Haverbrook and Ogdenville on the map... I drove by there for the first time in a while yesterday and thought to myself... what used to be there?... it was bugging me cuz I thought of BestBuy, Old Navy and Cdn Tire... all of which still exist... so thanks for answering that question...
-
Bombers vs Redblacks: Bomber Football Is Back Edition
There's no way they can scratch Poop... our d-line pressure was almost non-existent when he was out of the lineup... and magically reappeared when he was put back in... IMO, Poop is our best all-around D-lineman...
-
Westerman Out For Season
Letting him slowly fade away into obscurity would be a more deserved fate...
-
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
You're damn right it does... all this Rod Black, alt-right homophobia!! Really though... I have no issue with Beth Mowins... I thought she was pretty good... I think ESPN is the entity that really screwed the pooch on this one... they threw her in the booth with an inexperienced and surprisingly terrible Rex Ryan (I'm sure he'll improve)... and not to mention the Spanish sideline guy.... if you had her up there with a quality colour guy and sideline reporter and you probably don't even notice...