Quentin Saulsberry?

mikey d

How I see it:

Plan A: Draft Lavertu at #2 overall, have the option to start Neufeld or an American at RT.

Plan B: Ottawa takes Lavertu, draft Foucault (or elsewhere) at #2 overall, start Neufeld at RT, import at C.

Of course they could take Goossen at #2 as well, but I have been led to believe that the club is not all that high on him.

How I see it:

Plan A: Draft Lavertu at #2 overall, have the option to start Neufeld or an American at RT.

Plan B: Ottawa takes Lavertu, draft Foucault (or elsewhere) at #2 overall, start Neufeld at RT, import at C.

Of course they could take Goossen at #2 as well, but I have been led to believe that the club is not all that high on him.

Interesting. I wonder what the Bomber brain trust sees in Goossen that leads them to believe he should be ranked lower. Attitude? Lack of speed? Teachability? Fragility?

How I see it:

Interesting. I wonder what the Bomber brain trust sees in Goossen that leads them to believe he should be ranked lower. Attitude? Lack of speed? Teachability? Fragility?

I think it's just general ability, to be honest. He's not at the skill level you'd expect out of a #2 pick.

How I see it:

Plan Z: Ottawa takes Lavertu, draft Coombs, start import at C, start Neufeld at RT. Coombs start at RB.

Start an Imp at C? That is an absolute waste of an import spot. I truly hope people aren't serious.

They drafted a lot of tackles the last few years, what if they have a NI who can play RT but none that can play centre well? Would still be using 2 imports on the o-line. Hell wouldn't even be the first time that the Bombers used an import at centre, unless I'm forgetting but wasn't Benedict Ibisi a centre?

Start an Imp at C? That is an absolute waste of an import spot. I truly hope people aren't serious.

They drafted a lot of tackles the last few years, what if they have a NI who can play RT but none that can play centre well? Would still be using 2 imports on the o-line. Hell wouldn't even be the first time that the Bombers used an import at centre, unless I'm forgetting but wasn't Benedict Ibisi a centre?

Didn't Brandon Dyson also play some centre for us?

How I see it:

At the time of the combine Coombs said he put on 10lbs of muscle.  Brian Dobie said he has put on about 20lbs total since training this offseason.  If Ottawa takes Lavertu, I would not at all be opposed to taking Coombs.  

How I see it:

At the time of the combine Coombs said he put on 10lbs of muscle.  Brian Dobie said he has put on about 20lbs total since training this offseason.  If Ottawa takes Lavertu, I would not at all be opposed to taking Coombs.  

Do we really need a NI running back who gets two touches per year?

How I see it:

Do we really need a NI running back who gets two touches per year?

I think that Coombs is a solid talent, one that wouldn't just be relegated to special teams and sub-duty, on any team. He's being compared to Andre Durie, and that calibre of player is what he could be. A legitimate, consistent contributor to the offense, possibly even a ratio changing starter.  He has way more upside than any other canuck RB we have drafted in a long time.  

All I can say about Anthony Coombs is that he was the best football player on the field at every Bison game I went to this year.  He won't disappoint whichever team gets him.  It would be a shame to pass up on him just to take another OL that won't see the field for a year or two.

That's all I can say about Evan Gill.

If Ottawa takes Lavertu, and they are really sour on Goossen, maybe take Gill or trade down for a later first and a second if anyone is interested?  I really don't see Foucault fitting our needs for 2nd overall either.  He's a pipeline pick, and we already have some guys in the pipeline.

Coombs is one hell of a gamble for a team like the Bombers to take IMO.

All I can say about Anthony Coombs is that he was the best football player on the field at every Bison game I went to this year.  He won't disappoint whichever team gets him.  It would be a shame to pass up on him just to take another OL that won't see the field for a year or two.

If Ottawa takes Lavertu, and they are really sour on Goossen, maybe take Gill or trade down for a later first and a second if anyone is interested?  I really don't see Foucault fitting our needs for 2nd overall either.  He's a pipeline pick, and we already have some guys in the pipeline.

Gill was a man amongst boys.  But Coombs got you out of your seat... he was electric.  Truth be told I'd be happy with Gill or Coombs if we can't get Lavertu.

If Ottawa takes Lavertu, and they are really sour on Goossen, maybe take Gill or trade down for a later first and a second if anyone is interested?  I really don't see Foucault fitting our needs for 2nd overall either.

I think we'll keep the pick and take a DL if Lavertu is gone. Walters said the draft only has a few really good players (IIRC he said five) and after that there's not a lot to distinguish between them.

If Ottawa takes Lavertu, and they are really sour on Goossen, maybe take Gill or trade down for a later first and a second if anyone is interested?  I really don't see Foucault fitting our needs for 2nd overall either.

I think we'll keep the pick and take a DL if Lavertu is gone. Walters said the draft only has a few really good players (IIRC he said five) and after that there's not a lot to distinguish between them.

i remember in his recent interview, he said that Coombs is a phenomenal and a special talent and the team that will draft him will surely acquiring a very good football player.

If Ottawa takes Lavertu, and they are really sour on Goossen, maybe take Gill or trade down for a later first and a second if anyone is interested? I really don't see Foucault fitting our needs for 2nd overall either.

i remember in his recent interview, he said that Coombs is a phenomenal and a special talent and the team that will draft him will surely acquiring a very good football player.

I saw that interview and got the sense that, while Walters likes Coombs, he won't be drafting him.

Im hoping that if Ottawa takes Lavertu that the Bombers trade down. Id like to see us trade with Montreal or BC and grab their first and second rounders... If its with BC id like number 12 along with 5.

I don't want Focault, and one of Gill, Smith, or Goosen should be there at 4 or 5 IMO.

In this scenario, We may still be able to get Coombs at 12 or 13