Ticats cut Brandon Isaac? Penton:source

interesting quote in the tsn article regarding Isaac. Tells me to stay away from the guy. 

Sources also told TSN that Isaac's release is due to not having the tools to fit into the schemes the Tiger-Cats plan to employ this season.

"Half his problem is he doesn't recognize that," one source said.

Isaac is good at blitzing...that's about it.  When you're a 200 pound LB/DB you gotta be a little more useful.

I'm not a big fan of Husband, he's a notch below Swiston and Pencer, more in the Kowalczuk range.

Onrea Jones is the interesting one to me, but he'd probably be redundant with Denmark.  They are very similar.

pickup SB Bauman and OL Husband, they are NIs, wont hurt to have a look-see.

Bauman is a POS receiver. I saw what he did in Calgary when he got on the field with the Stamps between injuries & it was virtually nothing. He also was paid a  6 figure salary. You think the Bombers should pay Bauman that? I don't. He's a CFL draft bust now with 3 teams. We'd have been better off to keep Jade Etienne if we sign this dude. 

Isaac is good at blitzing...that's about it. When you're a 200 pound LB/DB you gotta be a little more useful.

I'm not a big fan of Husband, he's a notch below Swiston and Pencer, more in the Kowalczuk range.

Onrea Jones is the interesting one to me, but he'd probably be redundant with Denmark. They are very similar.

Similar, and I ĺike Onrea Jones, but he doesn't run routes as nice as Denmark IMO.

Bauman is a POS receiver. I saw what he did in Calgary when he got on the field with the Stamps between injuries & it was virtually nothing. He also was paid a 6 figure salary. You think the Bombers should pay Bauman that? I don't. He's a CFL draft bust now with 3 teams. We'd have been better off to keep Jade Etienne if we sign this dude.

At 6 figures, no chance. I'm surprised to hear he was making that much with that Stamps. Is that a confirmed figure??

And did he actually get on the field? Can't remember ever seeing him play this season.

Bauman is a POS receiver. I saw what he did in Calgary when he got on the field with the Stamps between injuries & it was virtually nothing. He also was paid a 6 figure salary. You think the Bombers should pay Bauman that? I don't. He's a CFL draft bust now with 3 teams. We'd have been better off to keep Jade Etienne if we sign this dude.

At 6 figures, no chance. I'm surprised to hear he was making that much with that Stamps. Is that a confirmed figure??

And did he actually get on the field? Can't remember ever seeing him play this season.

6 figures with the Stamps? no.  He was injured at the beginning of the season and didn't heal until after labour day.  Not sure if he saw the field after that but he didn't obtain any stats.

I'd take Bauman at the right price.  We need special teams players and our backup NI receivers are completely untested.  Jade, I only had 2 decent games, Etienne was a dumb choice as high as he was picked.  We basically paid him for 3 years to play 3 games.  Poor use of our money and our draft pick IMHO.

I'd take Bauman at the right price.  We need special teams players and our backup NI receivers are completely untested.  Jade, I only had 2 decent games, Etienne was a dumb choice as high as he was picked.  We basically paid him for 3 years to play 3 games.  Poor use of our money and our draft pick IMHO.

Let's move on from Etienne already.  The subject has been beaten to death.

Let's move on from Etienne already.  The subject has been beaten to death.

You sound jaded.

(I'm done)

Then what the hell was Bauman? This isn't a defence of Etienne this is simply saying if you look at high draft picks who didn't live up to the draft position Bauman is the poster boy. At least Etienne is young enough to have a chance at getting better. Bauman likely gets a job based on Ottawa increasing the need for NIs but his career will end in a year or two and he'll be nothing more than a footnote and cautionary tale about getting too excited about high draft picks. 

First three seasons

Bauman: 96 rec for 1213 yards and 3 TD's

Etienne: 20 rec for 276 yards and 2 TD's

Make your arguments as you please.

If we are comparing high draft pick receivers, Etienne probably falls in with Sisco instead of Bauman... and even then, Sisco doesn't have 10 catches.