Bombers add RB Kevin Smith to neg list

gbill2004

Kevin Smith helped me win a fantasy title in his rookie season. That is my fact of the day on him.

Love seeing these guys come - or in his case, potentially come - to the CFL. Heard about the Steve Slaton signing yesterday and was pretty excited to see he was making his way up.

I did some research of this player- he seems to be the victim of bad luck more than fragility, and if that is the case, he ought to be a stellar addition. He can scoot, power through and catch with a good attitude. I couldn't check out his blocking but at 220 pounds, he should be able to be competent if not great. If he proves himself in the CFL, the NFL dream may be too tempting, though.

Did you know that NFL cheerleaders do not get paid even minimum wage?

I did some research of this player- he seems to be the victim of bad luck more than fragility, and if that is the case, he ought to be a stellar addition. He can scoot, power through and catch with a good attitude. I couldn't check out his blocking but at 220 pounds, he should be able to be competent if not great. If he proves himself in the CFL, the NFL dream may be too tempting, though.

Did you know that NFL cheerleaders do not get paid even minimum wage?

And CFL cheerleaders don't get paid at all!

900 NCAA carries probably has something to do with injury-proneness.  I'd hope we could find about 100 RB's who would be a better fit for us.

Cheerleaders make their money appearing at special events.

Not in the CFL.

So the girls that appear at community events get paid nothing? That's not what I heard...

Not only do they get paid nothing, they have to complete a minimum amount of hours per season.

Not in the CFL.

So the girls that appear at community events get paid nothing? That's not what I heard...

Not only do they get paid nothing, they have to complete a minimum amount of hours per season.

That must have changed in recent years then.

Not in the CFL.

That must have changed in recent years then.

Maybe. It's been that way for at least 3 years. They used to have their mileage covered when they traveled out of town for rural community events and stuff but they don't even have that anymore.

Guys like Kevin Smith & Steve Slaton would still be in the NFL if their bodies allowed them to play professional football. These type of signings rarely work out.

Doesn't hurt to give him a look... The kid can flat out play.

Very talented RB. Formerly of the NFL Detroit Lions. Good blocker, excellent receiver but has had some injury issues in the NFL.

Some injury issues is a major understatement... The guy could never play more than 3 or 4 consecutive games... too bad too, he is phenomenally talented and woulda been a star in the NFL if he stayed healthy...