Steven Jyles a no-show at BC Lions mini camp

gbill2004

No Jyles.

His heart isn't in it, so what good would it do to show up?

If he really wanted to play football, he'd have been there.

Not a good week for Wally…no Jyles and no Danny Watkins:

GM Wally Buono doesn't expect Danny Watkins to help the BC Lions this season or in the future.

Buono said he believes the former first-round pick in the NFL is done with football, and has moved on with his life.

Watkins played three seasons in the NFL, split between the Philadelphia Eagles and Miami Dolphins after being selected 23rd overall by the Eagles in 2011.  

Watkins was selected a year earlier in the CFL Draft, fifth overall by the Lions, but never played for the team.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=450563

hmm, bc could always go with lulay and a couple rookies. seems a few teams are going that route this year so far (montreal being one, hamilton also)

I dont think wally really wants glenn that badly, i dont think he's willing to overpay for him, i guess we will see what happens.

I get the feeling tho that glenn starts this season as a redblack.

Odd.

In the story, Buono says he didnt give Jyles a "ton of money" when he signed the contract, which implies to me he gave him *some* money.  So did Jyles take the signing bonus cash with no intention of reporting?

I highly doubt Jyles got any upfront money. Buono said Jyles had only agreed to terms - doesn't say whether the contract was actually signed.

Odd.

In the story, Buono says he didnt give Jyles a "ton of money" when he signed the contract, which implies to me he gave him *some* money.  So did Jyles take the signing bonus cash with no intention of reporting?

I highly doubt Jyles got any upfront money. Buono said Jyles had only agreed to terms - doesn't say whether the contract was actually signed.

Lowell Ullrich from the BC Province reports there was no signing bonus...

"It happens, and with no signing bonus at play all the Lions have really lost at this stage is a month of expectation"

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2014/04/28/its-all-about-terminology-at-minicamp-jyles-absent-two-ols-excused-from-first-leos-practice/