Als Pick David Foucault Signs With NFL Panthers

iso_55

Unless he bombed it I figured he would. Panthers really need to improve their T's and despite having 6 on the roster, none are overly great.

Plus, a man his size who can move that well is something NFL execs dream of, even if the ability isn't fully there yet.

Is Foo Co any different or better than Matt Sewell or Other Canadian oline who were given a shot down south, stuck around a bit and then a year or so later ended up in the CFL? is he any better? 

There are other guys but the names escape me.

I like Calgary taking a chance on Tardif at #19. If there was zero NFL interest he would have been the #1 pick this year.

If he can't handle monsters or speed-monsters in the NFL then Calgary might get a solid guy back in a year or so and only risked a #19 pick to do so. btw - most brainiacs thought Tardif wouldn't be taken til the 4th or 5th round (ie #31 to #50 pick)

Is Foo Co any different or better than Matt Sewell or Other Canadian oline who were given a shot down south, stuck around a bit and then a year or so later ended up in the CFL? is he any better? 

There are other guys but the names escape me.

Matt O'Donnell.

NFL loves the big guys and it's their dream to work them all in to starters. But it is quite rare. I think Foucault has the most potential of the bunch, but whether a team is that patient with him or not, who knows.

There are surprises every year, but if Etienne couldn't start in three years on a team that was starved for NI talent, I doubt he will crack the starting lineup in Regina. He will likely be a seldom-used back up for a couple of years and then fade away.

There are surprises every year, but if Etienne couldn't start in three years on a team that was starved for NI talent, I doubt he will crack the starting lineup in Regina. He will likely be a seldom-used back up for a couple of years and then fade away.

In fairness he wasn't really given a shot until last season....in which we had the absolute worst qb'ing / o line / coaching ever I think.   So for the Riders he definitely is worth the gamble,  for the Blue well it's no huge loss.

In fairness he wasn't really given a shot until last season....in which we had the absolute worst qb'ing / o line / coaching ever I think.   So for the Riders he definitely is worth the gamble,  for the Blue well it's no huge loss.

Definitely agree... I won't be surprised, or disappointed, if he develops into a decent back-up and role player in the riders offense

It`s weird for Popp to say that cause he`s drafted a pretty significant number of guys who had NFL contracts, along with guys who have NCAA time left.  His first two picks in 2010 were signed by the NFL when he picked them.

Maybe he thinks their NI talent isn't what it used to be. When they were stacked he could take those chances.