Kory Sheets Cheap Shots CFL

iso_55

Actually, I don't know how the first tweet can be taken out of context...

Kory#1Time Sheets @Sheets24K

It's been fun y'all gotta go study before bed gotta show the haters I'm a NFL back n not a CFL flunky

Another tweet later:

Kory#1Time Sheets @Sheets24K

Paint me out to be what you want just spell my name right Kory not Cory Corey thanks

Kory just can't stay out of trouble, it seems. That does explain it, though. I don't wish the guy any bad luck nor do I think he's a "CFL flunky". Sheets had a great season last year & clearly was the second best back in the league & deserves credit for that. If he can stick in the NFL good for him. Not every CFL fan is a hater & some that aren't Rider fans actually do wish him well. He isn't an easy guy to like at times. However, some of these pro athletes just don't think before they tweet.  #DonJones #MoPrice. #others 

To the casual reader it almost appears that he's dissing the CFL with an "I'm in the big leagues now" kind of attitude, but let's face it, even though most players enjoy playing here they all grew up wanting to be in the show, can't blame them for that. If you read some of the tweets before https://twitter.com/Sheets24K, it looks like he was in a p*ssing match with someone and was answering a challenge ...

To the casual reader it almost appears that he's dissing the CFL with an "I'm in the big leagues now" kind of attitude, but let's face it, even though most players enjoy playing here they all grew up wanting to be in the show, can't blame them for that. If you read some of the tweets before https://twitter.com/Sheets24K, it looks like he was in a p*ssing match with someone and was answering a challenge ...

Thanks anyways IC, but I have no interest, nor time to waste, following a twitter account where one jackass and another jackass are hee-hawing at one another.

I've seen Korey's (with a K) sideline antics and I'm not impressed.

can someone explain what exactly a "flunky" is...  :huh:

It's kind of self explanatory, but umm...ok...

flun·ky also flun·key  (flŭng′kē)

n. pl. flun·kies also flun·keys
1. A person of slavish or unquestioning obedience; a lackey.
2. One who does menial or trivial work; a drudge.
3. A liveried manservant

It's usually coined for someone who has failed a lot in their life and therefor allows themselves to become someone else's slave or lackey.

can someone explain what exactly a "flunky" is...  :huh:

It's kind of self explanatory, but umm...ok...

flun·ky also flun·key  (flŭng′kē)

n. pl. flun·kies also flun·keys
1. A person of slavish or unquestioning obedience; a lackey.
2. One who does menial or trivial work; a drudge.
3. A liveried manservant

It's usually coined for someone who has failed a lot in their life and therefor allows themselves to become someone else's slave or lackey.

That's kinda what I was thinking... but then wouldn't a "CFL flunky" be someone who kinda "flunked out" of the CFL (like Goltz, Boltus), not someone who went on to bigger and better things??... that's the only reason it didn't make sense to me...

I don't see any cheap shot taken at the CFL by sheets, if anything the guy he was arguing with was taking a cheap shot at the CFL.

But oh well, this isn't that big of a deal in my opinion, sheets has done a lot of stupid things, the weed charge (not even that stupid really) but taking the pic with the gun is a lot worse than this thats for sure. 

I don't see any cheap shot taken at the CFL by sheets, if anything the guy he was arguing with was taking a cheap shot at the CFL.

But oh well, this isn't that big of a deal in my opinion, sheets has done a lot of stupid things, the weed charge (not even that stupid really) but taking the pic with the gun is a lot worse than this thats for sure. 

DUI not that stupid? Come on... Sheets is continually doing & saying stupid things. 

DUI not that stupid? Come on... Sheets is continually doing & saying stupid things. 

Just because he says stupid things does not make him stupid.... otherwise you and I would be considered stupid as well (which we may be :unsure: )

Also, just because he was defending himself from some fool who was bashing the CFL, doesn't mean Sheets hates the CFL too