Duane Forde OL Draft Preview

I'm still not a huge fan of Forde's rankings but I'll give him credit where credit is due, he's done a good job of forecasting offensive linemen lately. He more or less nailed his rankings of the 2012 OL

I think we will fine with Goosen if Lavertu goes #1 overall.

He may not be considered as CFL ready as Lavertu but having Wylie as OL will help his progression to the CFL.

He's considered more physical than Lavertu and possess the same level of mean streak.

My only concern early on, based on what i read from earlier reports, is if he smart enough but I guess he is. 

I watched some of his highlights this morning, and from my uneducated eye :D , i like what i saw.

Interesting take by Forde. I'd like to know what Wileys assessment was on these guys. Put that together with Fordes and we'd have our winner.This latest info. on Goosen should give Ottawa a little something to chew on. 

I'm not sure why a journalist's opinion of prospects would influence professional talent scouts. He's not Mike Mayock or Mel Kiper, Ottawa will form their opinion based on what their scouts see, not what Duane Forde writes.

Oh for sure, Forde is giving us his journalistic opinion but he has been aware of CIS happenings and players for awhile. He must have some insight. Would it measure up to a Wylie and his take on an o line guy? not likely. Goosen was ranked highly at one point but seems to have dropped off. I don't know what Forde has seen to redeem the fortunes of Goosen but I guess we'll find out on the 13th. As for Ottawa having a re-think on their choice, let's just say with a guy like Desjardins in charge, anything is possible.

Oh for sure, Forde is giving us his journalistic opinion but he has been aware of CIS happenings and players for awhile. He must have some insight. 

There are several people on this site that have been aware of CIS happenings and players for a while too. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink. Forde is just lucky enough that people pay him to talk about his opinions on air. 

Why dont we just trade for Ottawa's pick and draft them both.  Problem solved.

Desjardins would probably want all of our starting CDNs for the one pick.

Sounds like both Lavetu and Goosen are our guys, sounds like one of the two will be a blue bomber next season.

Will it be the natural centre? or will it be the centre who can play guard also?

It's an interesting dilemma here actually.

The Bombers need a olineman, specially a centre but really more specially a centre and a guard really... i mean greaves is one guard but who is the other? swiston? pencer? we just don't know. maybe dan knapp? i have no idea, not sure they do. So really we need a centre yes but it wouldnt kill us to have a guy who can play guard too. Sounds like  Goosen could be our centre but he could also be our starting guard opposite greaves also.

Tough Dilemma, the sexy pick is lavertu, he is the natural centre, Smarter pick long term might be Goosen tho due to versatility to play different spots on the line.

January,Greaves,Lavertu,??,??. Morley.

January,Greaves,Goosen,??,??. Morley

January,Greaves,Morley,Goosen,??. ??

Wish we could take them Both actually, The natural centre plus a guy who could backup centre and probably convert to guard pretty nicely in Goosen.

Forde is the only person I've read/communicated with who is relatively high on Player, basically putting him at the top of the 2nd tier of OL.  Other than him all I've heard is that people are unsure if he really wants to play in the CFL, and unimpressed by his body and lack of ability to move when he was in Toronto.  But my sources could be biased by their relationships with other draftees.

The interesting thing about Duane's article is that he thinks there will be a run on offensive linemen to start the draft.  I've also had that feeling... and I think there may be the top 7-9 OL gone by the end of the second round, possibly pushing some decent linebacker or receiver prospects back to us.... 

Sounds like both Lavetu and Goosen are our guys, sounds like one of the two will be a blue bomber next season.

Will it be the natural centre? or will it be the centre who can play guard also?

It's an interesting dilemma here actually.

The Bombers need a olineman, specially a centre but really more specially a centre and a guard really... i mean greaves is one guard but who is the other? swiston? pencer? we just don't know. maybe dan knapp? i have no idea, not sure they do. So really we need a centre yes but it wouldnt kill us to have a guy who can play guard too. Sounds like  Goosen could be our centre but he could also be our starting guard opposite greaves also.

Tough Dilemma, the sexy pick is lavertu, he is the natural centre, Smarter pick long term might be Goosen tho due to versatility to play different spots on the line.

January,Greaves,Lavertu,??,??. Morley.

January,Greaves,Goosen,??,??. Morley

January,Greaves,Morley,Goosen,??. ??

Wish we could take them Both actually, The natural centre plus a guy who could backup centre and probably convert to guard pretty nicely in Goosen.

I'm wondering why you have Morley pencilled in at RT and not Neufeld??