Allouettes neg list Terrelle Pryor

gbill2004

Never liked the guy. Wasn't a franchise qb in Oakland, had issues in college at Ohio State. He's not that good.

The issues at Ohio State were off the field, and Jim Tressel was the root cause of most of it. On the field he was a VERY good college QB. Oakland was an awful fit for him yet he was able to occasionally show flashes. It would be extremely difficult for anyone to succeed with the talent he had around him. The best situation for him is to learn as a number two on a middle of the pack team, or perhaps even as a third on a championship contending team so he can properly be educated on playing football at the pro level with good people around him.

As far as Montreal putting him on the neg list - He'll never come here.

Pryor was in a crap situation in Oakland and actually played reasonably well for a first year project starter. I'm skeptical of all NFL washouts (which he isn't yet) but he would have a reasonable chance of success. I would like him more than Troy Smith, no doubt in my mind.

Pat White is garbage and always will be.

The one team I'd cringe if I was drafted by them are the Raiders. I spent some time in Oakland a few years ago with my son at a qb camp & all I can say is Holy Crap. You know it's bad when the guy running the camp tells the campers parents that they need to end the camp everyday before it gets dark so it was still safe for us to walk to our cars in the parking lot outside Laney College. Homeless street creatures were living under the football stands being rousted by campus security. The freeway leading to Laney College looked like a war zone. Houses burned down but still standing all over the place. 

The one team I'd cringe if I was drafted by them are the Raiders. I spent some time in Oakland a few years ago with my son at a qb camp & all I can say is Holy Crap. You know it's bad when the guy running the camp tells the campers parents that they need to end the camp everyday before it gets dark so it was still safe for us to walk to our cars in the parking lot outside Laney College. Homeless street creatures were living under the football stands being rousted by campus security. The freeway leading to Laney College looked like a war zone. Houses burned down but still standing all over the place. 

Welcome to the dark side of the American dream- the American nightmare.

The one team I'd cringe if I was drafted by them are the Raiders.

Agreed 100%. I do think Reggie McKenzie is making some good efforts there but the team has miles to go. Personally I really want to see Johnny Manziel do well, and I think he will do well but if he gets drafted by Oakland at 5 I think it will be career suicide.

Welcome to the dark side of the American dream- the American nightmare.

Yet you go across The Bay, different world. 

Wonder what that does to Travaris Jackson in Seattle. Was he on the Bombers neg list at one point?

He sure was, but I don't think he is anymore. I seem to recall last year during the offseason somebody listed our neg list QBs at the time and he wasn't one of them. Chase Clement etc.

Got a feeling that Winston may choose baseball. Was a 15th round pick coming out of college. He has said he going to stay in school during the winter 2015 semester to play baseball. Although he most likely will be a #1 pick in the NFL there is also a chance he could be a 1st round pick in the MLB draft. If you look at during the length of a pro baseball and pro football career he would probably earn more money in baseball even if he was a middle of the road starter or reliever.

Got a feeling that Winston may choose baseball. Was a 15th round pick coming out of college. He has said he going to stay in school during the winter 2015 semester to play baseball. Although he most likely will be a #1 pick in the NFL there is also a chance he could be a 1st round pick in the MLB draft. If you look at during the length of a pro baseball and pro football career he would probably earn more money in baseball even if he was a middle of the road starter or reliever.

Not to mention having a longer career due to not having 300 lb people chasing and jumping on him.