Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bearpants

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bearpants

  1. I would argue Matt Nichols' TD drive was not garbage time... a 2 score game with 8 mins left in the CFL is easily attainable... of course, when your offense in generally incapable of any scores that makes it tough.... Also, I was impressed with the Canadians in the secondary after the injuries.... I'd like to see us start Loffler at safety and Morgan or Jones at field corner (I don't remember who was playing there last night)...
  2. Maybe let's shift this discussion to "If we fired Walters, who would you like our new GM to be?" I'll throw out some names just to get the discussion started*... Brock Sunderland... John Murphy... Tom Higgins... Marc Trestman (duel role?)... Cole Hufnagel (hey, why not?!?) *disclaimer: I am not endorsing any of these candidates... simply just trying to get a discussion started...
  3. I have no idea if Marc Trestman has and interest in a return the CFL (probably not)... or what his personnel skills are like (probably decent)... but I wouldn't object to bringing him in for both gigs...
  4. Looks like the Riders are going 3 imports on the line this week (A Jones at C and SJS at LG)... if we had 3 Cdn O-line out, we'd be lucky to start 1 Cdn on the line...
  5. not that I'm trying to defend our record against Calgary... but it's actually only 4 games... last won in Calgary Nov 1, 2014...
  6. I think it would take 1-9 or 1-10 (whatever losing labour day and banjo bowl would put us at) before a mid-season firing happens... As far as firing at the end of last season... I wonder if there is a serious lack of good candidates right now... we held on to O'Shea when he (arguably) could have been fired... Mtl and BC decided to stick with Popp and Buano rather than bring in a dedicated HC... interesting...
  7. while I'm typically a bigger fan of a pressure defense also... they only gave up 20 points and gave the offesnse more than ample opportunity to win this game... definitely wouldn't pin this one on the D...
  8. That stat is beyond embarrassing... especially given the opportunities... a borderline competent offense would have had 40+ in that Hamilton game...
  9. very well said... #1 would probably be hard to implement... but otherwise I agree completely...
  10. hahaha... every now and then I'll look to my friends at the game... "at least are jerseys are beautiful!"
  11. Jerome Messam
  12. you're right, whether warranted or not, this game will shine a light on where the team is... this is considered a winnable game... though against a good opponent... if we can't win "winnable games" now, when will we ever??
  13. Haha no... but if Henoc is willing to come back... I don't see the problem...
  14. Jeremiah Johnson
  15. If she's willing to come over... I don't see the problem...
  16. If I recall correctly, Mr Dee has a history of compiling info from various sources and posting it here... with all appropriate citations provided... I for one, appreciate the extra info... keep it up!
  17. I think you've got it right... and are along the sames lines as what I posted earlier... you don't need to replace NFL with CFL... but if you can slowly get an NFL fan on board during July and August... maybe he'll slowly start to watch games in Sept and Oct...
  18. You can make the same argument that Taman's 2007 Bomber team was similar to his 2013 Sask team... Taman would be a hero around here if that 2007 game went differently... doesn't make his strategy any better, however...
  19. haha, good to know... I honestly just assumed it was a typo...
  20. Is this a new football term I'm unfamiliar with??
  21. pretty crazy that 12 games into the season only 2 people are at .500...
  22. sorry ... I'll take a bonus strike... whatever, I'm pretty sure I'm at 3 strikes already! For the record... I it appears on my screen that I quoted JPan's 10:07 PM post the one that said the pick will not be accepted...
  23. I'd even go as far as saying the team that scores the most points will win the game... take it to the bank...
  24. this might be the best idea yet... tell him it's nice to watch football in the summer... I'm a fan of both leagues and when the NFL kicks off in the fall, I'm pretty much a Bomber fan (meaning I don't watch many non-Bomber CFL games) and an NFL fan... but it helps to start by scratching that football itch in the summer...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.