Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bearpants

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bearpants

  1. I'd venture a guess he started this thread to get a few laughs... and I'd say it's working
  2. I think I'd have to agree with you on that... that would be a harsh punishment... but the ratio is so vital to the game it's hard to give them a pass... When people complain about our Cdn depth think about the home game against Calgary... after injuries we had Couture, Chungh, Goossen, and Thomas (a d-lineman) playing OL, Harris at RB, Kohlert at WR, Cummings and Westerman on DL and Jones, Morgan and Loffler in the secondary... and we didn't look out of place.... not saying I want to start 11 Nationals.... but we showed we can play that many in a pinch...
  3. what's the saying about stats being for losers... something like that... I'll gladly give up 300+ yards a game if we're only allowing 11 points... but I do agree about the offense in the second half... would have been nice to see a kill shot and put the game away in the 3rd quarter... was kinda hoping to see Dom Davis in this game too...
  4. I feel like this might be a very conservative estimate... I've always hated the idea of playing under a dome... there's maybe one or 2 games a season where it would be nice to play indoors... but imagine going to the stadium in the summer when it's 25 and sunny... then going inside to watch a football game?!?
  5. Jace Davis was considered the cream of the new WR crop this year... but I really like what we've seen from Mayo and Kris Adams (in limited action).... really loved that catch he made on the sidelines late in the game... it feels like so long since we've seen a receiver make a big catch to seal a game...
  6. haha, that slogan was totally tubular...
  7. would we have 1 or 2 more wins?... maybe... but who cares?... we are currently 3-4 and starting to look like a real football team... not too disappointed right now...
  8. So who else stuck it out last night?... my friends and I decided we were already there so we might as well stick around for a bit... due to my complete lack of confidence in this team... I wasn't completely comfortable til the final 3 minute warning.... but I'm glad I stayed... got to bed around 1:30-1:45 am... needless to say my 5:45 am alarm came quite quickly this morning!
  9. The second half certainly could have been better... but I would say his only major mistake last night was the pass that probably should have been a pick-six... he got lucky the defender dropped it...
  10. Oh This is fun... here's my collection: Doug Brown #97 (97-04 navy blue, press on) Maurice Kelly #24 (97-04 white, press on) Barrin Simpson #51 (05-11 navy blue, stitched) Kyries Hebert #23 (05-11 white, stitched) Jon Ryan #14 (all gold retro, press on) Zeke Moreno #19 (navy blue retro, stitched) Henoc Muamba #10 (12-15 gold, stitched) Clint Kent #41 (70/80s retro royal blue, stitched) Jamaal Westerman #55 (modern royal blue, stitched)
  11. I have to agree with you... firing O'Shea after this blow out doesn't seem to make sense...
  12. I'm always torn about these kinds of situations... I think if the QB (or a proven, respected leader) does it occasionally and deservedly it can have a positive impact... if it starts happening on a per-game basis... then I think it's troublesome...
  13. Isn't he working at a car dealership in Wpg these days?
  14. I don't actually recall how it started... he probably had a great game or something... but people started referring to him as super human and replacing his name in all those Chuck Norris jokes... and it kinda just spiralled from there...
  15. I think we'll need a few more plays out of Green before he get the Bryant Turner Treatment...
  16. according to my research (wikipedia)... it was Austin Pasztor... who may still turn out to be a good pick... so far he has spent his entire career in the NFL... or he may never be seen in the CFL... preliminary depth charts have him as the starting RT in Cleveland... and despite the Brown's recent futility, they have actually had some pretty decent o-lines...
  17. haha done already... went ofer this year!... good luck everyone still in this
  18. I assumed road griller was being sarcastic... saying things like "I better take some time off work to keep up with all this breaking news"...
  19. I was just saying this to a co-worker this morning... if tonight goes bad, next week's attendance will definitely be under 20k... especially with it being on a wednesday... you'd rather continue 10 more years of futility than hire a 3 time grey cup champion GM???
  20. Just did some reading over at OB... Steingard's "breaking news" threads are worth the price of admission... seriously entertaining stuff...
  21. I gotta be honest... this, at least, sounds like it would be good for a laugh...
  22. I think a lot of people are forgetting that Tillman isn't actually available... he's the GM for Hamilton... not sure what his contract status is...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.