John Chiles Released

iso_55

56 minutes ago, MyDogHasScheifeles said:

He might be worth picking up just for the knowledge of the Riders playbook alone.  I started laughing a little while typing those words but then I remembered how poorly we fared in the back to back vs the Riders.

Seriously sign this guy up.

We don't need him....they sell Dr. Seuss books everywhere.

"Chiles joined the Riders as a free agent back in Feburary but only saw action in three of the Riders’ eight games this season, collecting 135 yards and 3 touchdowns on 10 receptions."

Cfl.ca

Our receiver lineup of Denmark Smith and Dressler are to much of the samething and many here already agreed one played might get moved soon. Chiles makes sense, with Darvin out for a few more weeks, we could use a burner on the field and someone taller than 5 ft 9.

Walters has publicly acknowledged import reciever needs an upgrade. If Chiles is willing to play at a reasonable cost he is a Bomber.

14 minutes ago, MyDogHasScheifeles said:

"Chiles joined the Riders as a free agent back in Feburary but only saw action in three of the Riders’ eight games this season, collecting 135 yards and 3 touchdowns on 10 receptions."

Cfl.ca

Our receiver lineup of Denmark Smith and Dressler are to much of the samething and many here already agreed one played might get moved soon. Chiles makes sense, with Darvin out for a few more weeks, we could use a burner on the field and someone taller than 5 ft 9.

Walters has publicly acknowledged import reciever needs an upgrade. If Chiles is willing to play at a reasonable cost he is a Bomber.

I totally agree more size would be nice. But I'd like that size to stay on the field and not spend the majority of his time in the tub like Chiles has. Our scouts have found some decent rec who have put up better #'s than him.

16 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I totally agree more size would be nice. But I'd like that size to stay on the field and not spend the majority of his time in the tub like Chiles has. Our scouts have found some decent rec who have put up better #'s than him.

I'd prefer to give Davis, Mayo, Shepherd, K. Adams and McDuffie more time to establish themselves over picking up Chiles.  It's time for the Bombers to jump off the green re-tread carousel.

4 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I'd prefer to give Davis, Mayo, Shepherd, K. Adams and McDuffie more time to establish themselves over picking up Chiles.  It's time for the Bombers to jump off the green re-tread carousel.

It worked well with Willy, for 5 initial games ;)

18 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Sadly it seems like all five of those receivers are just about useless. 

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

the thing is, they've all taken turns showing flashes this year.....it's almost like it's they're rookies or something.

I'd argue that none of them have shown anything at all really - Mayo had the decent game against Calgary when we got **** kicked. But aside from that? Nothing at all. There's a reason that they all keep coming in and out of the lineup, none of them have really played good enough to deserve a spot. The good news is, once all of our guys are healthy we won't have to play any of them. 

6 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

I'd argue that none of them have shown anything at all really - Mayo had the decent game against Calgary when we got **** kicked. But aside from that? Nothing at all. There's a reason that they all keep coming in and out of the lineup, none of them have really played good enough to deserve a spot. The good news is, once all of our guys are healthy we won't have to play any of them.