Does a blow out against the Eskimos cost MOS his job?

Does a blow out against the Eskimos cost MOS his job?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Does a blow out against Eskimos cost MOS his job?

• Yes
    • No

4 hours ago, tracker said:

This has gone way past the point of disaffected fans pissing and moaning, and if the team is not in crisis, it is darned close. O'Shea and probably  Walters have reached the point of being unable to redeem themselves. The fans have begun to vote with their feet and should the Bombers get mangled in Edmonton (a likelihood) then the next home game will feel like a wake. If Miller and/or Walters haven't figured this out yet, then they are also part of the problem.

I was just saying this to a co-worker this morning... if tonight goes bad, next week's attendance will definitely be under 20k... especially with it being on a wednesday...

46 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I'd rather spend the next ten years out of the playoffs than hire Tillman.

you'd rather continue 10 more years of futility than hire a 3 time grey cup champion GM??? :blink:

Edited by bearpants

11 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I was just saying this to a co-worker this morning... if tonight goes bad, next week's attendance will definitely be under 20k... especially with it being on a wednesday...

you'd rather continue 10 more years of futility than hire a 3 time grey cup champion GM??? :blink:

Yes

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

rational reasoning please....

Because he sexually assaulted a 16 year old girl (his kids babysitter, he basically grinded up against her, both were fully clothed) after taking a double dose of sleep and pain medication.

Personally, the guy has no history of any criminal activity, and he's never been charged of anything since.  As far as I'm concerned, I'd take him as a GM.  You can't keep blaming someone for something they did in the past once they've changed and moved on.  But people are like that.  You do something wrong and people want to blame you for it for the rest of your life.

He was a huge creep before the sexual assault charge, even moreso after.  No thanks. 

If he grinded up against my daughter I'm not sure I'd be standing there saying "Well they're fully clothed so its okay."                   

25 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

Because he sexually assaulted a 16 year old girl (his kids babysitter, he basically grinded up against her, both were fully clothed) after taking a double dose of sleep and pain medication.

Personally, the guy has no history of any criminal activity, and he's never been charged of anything since.  As far as I'm concerned, I'd take him as a GM.  You can't keep blaming someone for something they did in the past once they've changed and moved on.  But people are like that.  You do something wrong and people want to blame you for it for the rest of your life.

I am not defending or promoting Tillman, but it may be of value to know that we all have no-so-comfortable impulses which we keep under control due in no small part to social inhibition. However, some substances, like alcohol, pot and others act as dis-inhibitors and wipe out all the "don'ts" in our heads non-selectively when we take them. I have a very staid friend who is a professional and cannot down even one shot of booze, because suddenly "we're all going to Vegas" and she's paying. My brother in law is a good guy but after about three drinks he becomes a misogynistic anal aperture and is mortified afterwards.

Edited by tracker

7 minutes ago, Atomic said:

He was a huge creep before the sexual assault charge, even moreso after.  No thanks. 

If he grinded up against my daughter I'm not sure I'd be standing there saying "Well they're fully clothed so its okay."                   

Creepometer2.gif

The incident with the 16 year old was bad, no doubt about it but when it comes to him actually doing his job, what sets off huge alarm bells for me is the fact  that this guy wants everyone to acknowledge just how smart and great he is.  There was an interesting article by someone in the Edmonton media who wrote an arttice once Tillman was fired.

The media guy alleges that Tillman would call him in the middle of the night to complain about something the reporter had written and how he (the reporter) had gotten it all wrong and should understand the genius that is Tillman.

For me, this guy has some serious issues and while yes, he's had success, he's also spectacularly crashed and burned too.

Pass.

2 hours ago, Logan007 said:

was he convicted of that? I remember it happening but dont remember any verdict or plea.

looked it up should have in the first place i guess :P

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Tillman

Tillman pleaded guilty to the charge on January 4, 2010, the day his trial on this summary offence was to begin.[16] He was granted an absolute discharge the following day and subsequently received no criminal record but was fined $50.00.[24][25] Judge Murray Hinds stated that Tillman was "genuinely remorseful [and] in this case there's no suggestion that Mr. Tillman is not generally of good character. He has no prior criminal record. His behaviour towards [the teenage girl] on Aug. 6 appears to be an aberration fuelled by his consumption of two non-prescription drugs."[26] On January 8, 2010, he resigned from his position as the Roughriders' general manager.[17]

Pretty sickening. Tbh mixing morality and sports is really tough. Its easy to judge some one like him, but the amount of troubled/troubling individuals around pro sports is massive. If we deny some one like him a job we'd have to cut any one involved with the team who had similar things in the past. We have had some long time beloved players who had very troubled lives away from football.   

Edited by wbbfan

Tillman with all his personal issues & being charged with sexual assault is lucky to be working still in the CFL. Don't forget, this is the guy who traded Ricky Ray to the Argos for a bag of footballs basically. He is GM of a winning team in Hamilton so why would he risk coming here. Even with all the losing, I don't want him here.

As a comparison, I believe that the Riders have on their roster one player who was involved in violent incident with his partner and a second one in town who has the same record. It seems that the degree of forgiveness in criminal incidents is in direct proportion to their talents.

Edited by tracker

1 minute ago, tracker said:

As a comparison, I believe that the Riders have on their roster one player who was involved in violent incident with his partner and a second one in town who has the same record. I seems that the degree of forgiveness in criminal incidents is in direct proportion to their talents.

Yeah, Greg Hardy. Is Ray Rice next?

Just now, iso_55 said:

Yeah, Greg Hardy. Is Ray Rice next?

I recall that the second player waiting for permission to play in the CFL was even more violent with his G/F than Hardy. Shivers had a habit of bringing in talented headcases and it looks like this regime is following suit.

32 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

was he convicted of that? I remember it happening but dont remember any verdict or plea.

looked it up should have in the first place i guess :P

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Tillman

Tillman pleaded guilty to the charge on January 4, 2010, the day his trial on this summary offence was to begin.[16] He was granted an absolute discharge the following day and subsequently received no criminal record but was fined $50.00.[24][25] Judge Murray Hinds stated that Tillman was "genuinely remorseful [and] in this case there's no suggestion that Mr. Tillman is not generally of good character. He has no prior criminal record. His behaviour towards [the teenage girl] on Aug. 6 appears to be an aberration fuelled by his consumption of two non-prescription drugs."[26] On January 8, 2010, he resigned from his position as the Roughriders' general manager.[17]

Pretty sickening. Tbh mixing morality and sports is really tough. Its easy to judge some one like him, but the amount of troubled/troubling individuals around pro sports is massive. If we deny some one like him a job we'd have to cut any one involved with the team who had similar things in the past. We have had some long time beloved players who had very troubled lives away from football.   

People do change. An absolute discharge is not "not guilty". The facts are he did what he was accused of doing. No criminal record but a police record for a period.

Any organization does not have to cut current employees because of considering hiring a guy with a record. The organization has the authority to not hire, pretty much for any reason they want. 

As mentioned a guy that trades away a Franchise quarterback is possibly a loose cannon. In this fairly moral city, the risk to hire, the blowback, maybe more than would be tolerated by the WFC.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

I never said it was ok. Stop putting words in people's mouths. What he did was wrong, but you can't crucify someone forever. 

I think the thing with Ray was that the CFL wanted Toronto to win the hundredth Grey Cup so I have a feeling that he may have been pushed to do something to help them out. No one trades something for nothing. 

In any case, we need someone who can bring better bodies to this organization.  Whoever that may be. 

2 minutes ago, tracker said:

Maybe bring him in as an enhanced "director of player personnel" who would be well-paid but mostly behind the scenes. I would prefer Tom Higgins, though.

I'm surprised we didn't go with Higgins instead of Walters the first time around. 

10 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

I never said it was ok. Stop putting words in people's mouths. What he did was wrong, but you can't crucify someone forever. 

I think the thing with Ray was that the CFL wanted Toronto to win the hundredth Grey Cup so I have a feeling that he may have been pushed to do something to help them out. No one trades something for nothing. 

In any case, we need someone who can bring better bodies to this organization.  Whoever that may be. 

The sexual assault charge & your second paragraph combined are enough for me to say, no thanks.