cautiously excited for week two

Ok ok I admit. Week one was a disappointing out come. But I think there's plenty of good narratives for week two.

-Will Willy rise to the occasion in week two?

-Will Lapo's schemes be executed?

-Will Harris continue to be the work horse we hoped for?

-Will Willy and Smith find chemistry?

-Will Dressler have an impact?

-Will Adams and Davis continue to impress?

-Will the o-line hold their own?

-Will the d-line get any pressure on Calgary's suspect o-line?

-Will Randle continue his dominance?

-Will we score 30?

-Will we come out with some urgency in the first half for once?

-Will we beat Calgary for the second time in Calgary since 2002?

-Will Medlock make a 60 yard field goal?

Should be interesting to see how everything unfolds. 

32 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Ok ok I admit. Week one was a disappointing out come. But I think there's plenty of good narratives for week two.

-Will Willy rise to the occasion in week two? Yes 

-Will Lapo's schemes be executed? Yes 

-Will Harris continue to be the work horse we hoped for? Yes 

-Will Willy and Smith find chemistry? Yes 

-Will Dressler have an impact? Yes -but due to his absence. 

-Will Adams and Davis continue to impress? Yes 

-Will the o-line hold their own? Yes 

-Will the d-line get any pressure on Calgary's suspect o-line? Yes 

-Will Randle continue his dominance? Yes 

-Will we score 30? More like 40+! 

-Will we come out with some urgency in the first half for once? Yes 

-Will we beat Calgary for the second time in Calgary since 2002? Does a complete thrashing count? 

-Will Medlock make a 60 yard field goal? 63 to break the Mc Callum's record. 

Should be interesting to see how everything unfolds. 

I Like this game!

I am pretty pumped for FRIDAY!!!!

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

The funny thing is that over on the Stamps forum, they're bemoaning their team too.

I did not know this but apparently Dave Dickenson isn't very highly regarded as a coach in Calgary.

He was heavily disliked as the OC, so I'm not surprised.

Calgary is such a ****** sports town. If you're not winning all the time, they have no use for you and will stay away in droves. Doesn't matter Stamps, Flames whatever......unless the team is winning, they're not interested. They'd just as soon go watch a UFC match at Boston Pizza as go to a live local sporting event...

11 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I'm guaranteeing a win on Friday

Funny- I feel the same way.  We win on Friday.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

The funny thing is that over on the Stamps forum, they're bemoaning their team too.

I did not know this but apparently Dave Dickenson isn't very highly regarded as a coach in Calgary.

I would have him instead of Lapo- but not over MOS.   I have a feeling that if we show MOS as much patience as he shows the players, it will pay off HUGE in the near future. 

32 minutes ago, Mike said:

I don't think Calgary will be the same dominant team they've been for the past several years. They'll still have a chance every week with Bo. But I think the wheels slowly start to fall off.

How can anyone say after week 1 that a team is mostly as good as last year? I just find that difficult to understand. It's been 1 game, I've always been under the impression that the first 2 or so weeks of the season is really just a continuation of the pre-season. Calgary did not look good last week, they actually looked really really bad. Bombers looked bad also but at the same time, Calgary looked just as bad. 

Calgary is supposed to be good, they are supposed to be very good. They looked like crap against BC. It's not like BC played that great either, Calgary just wasn't very good.

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Mike said:

When I was watching the bombers lose in Calgary last year I heard nothing but positive things about Dickenson from fans there

21 minutes ago, brett_c_b said:

When I was watching the bombers lose in Calgary last year I heard nothing but positive things about Dickenson from fans there

I heard people bitching about him LOUDLY when they were losing early, saying he wasn't using Cornish enough....and when that fumble happened and the momentum completely changed, heard people cheering loudly about how DD is the smartest OC in the league.....

This is Calgary sports fans.....

22 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I don't think Calgary will be the same dominant team they've been for the past several years. They'll still have a chance every week with Bo. But I think the wheels slowly start to fall off.

Cracks were visible last season when they picked up a handful of wins they didn't really deserve including at least one over the Bombers,  Mitchell is a great game manager but he doesn't have the skill level of a Flutie or Ray in his prime were he can win a game all by himself. 

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

21 hours ago, Noeller said:

I heard people bitching about him LOUDLY when they were losing early, saying he wasn't using Cornish enough....and when that fumble happened and the momentum completely changed, heard people cheering loudly about how DD is the smartest OC in the league.....

This is Calgary sports fans.....

So true, just complete ******* the sports fans in this city. On and off the bandwagon like you wouldn't believe. 

23 hours ago, Mike said:

I post on the Stamps forum & where did you read that? Was there bitching about the plays when they lost on Sat night? Sure. That goal line **** was a fiasco & Dave got too cute.  Dickensom outcoached himself Sat night.  Your claim he isn't highly regarded is totally wrong. Dickenson, like his entire team had a bad night, that's it. And we didn't ***** about Crowton, Bellefeuille & now LaPo? Give your head a shake.

Edited by iso_55

10 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

I post on the Stamps forum & where did you read that? Are you bitching about the plays when they lost on Sat night? That goal line **** was a fiasco & Dave got too cute that he outcoached himself Sat nighrt but you saying that posters there think he isn't highly regarded is totally wrong. Dickenson, like his entire team had a bad night, that's it. And we didn't ***** about Crowton, Bellefeuille & now LaPo? Give your head a shake.

Yeah, Mike.