Game 83 Jets @ Draft Lottery

Goalie

58 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

A young Gene Principe on Global Winnipeg.

I was at that game. Gardner almost decap'd Smail and he looked groggy coming off the ice. Pitts had the powerplay I think and Mann went out to kill it. Well the pp was not what he was out to kill. I could see it coming and even motioned to my father that Mann was on the ice.

2 shots later and Gardners jaw was broken and he never played against Mann in Winnipeg again.

NDP attorney general Roland Penner went after Mann and got a conviction.

34 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I was at that game. Gardner almost decap'd Smail and he looked groggy coming off the ice. Pitts had the powerplay I think and Mann went out to kill it. Well the pp was not what he was out to kill. I could see it coming and even motioned to my father that Mann was on the ice.

2 shots later and Gardners jaw was broken and he never played against Mann in Winnipeg again.

NDP attorney general Roland Penner went after Mann and got a conviction.

Roland Penner. I remember him. If that would have been an out of the blue sucker punch for no reason I'd have agreed with the conviction but Smail's head nearly was taken off with that crosscheck. Gardiner tried being the tough guy on a small player got what he deserved.

Why is Ehlers Scheif Wheeler a better line combo over Connor Scheif Wheeler or Petan Scheif Wheeler 

Scheif and Wheeler are the dominant players. It don't matter who you put with them it seems. 

I think it make sense to put guys in positions they like. Connor is a legit LW. Prefers LW. He's a fit. Ehlers is a left shooter but prefers to play the right side. RW with Little is a good spot. Laine. If we take him is a right shooter who likes the lw spot. It makes lots of sense to have Laine little ehlers and Connor Scheif Wheeler 

Edited by Goalie

51 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

@goalie if Lowry is 4C where is Copp?  

Copp should be moved up to 3C.  He showed he's got the speed and he's got a lot of talent too.  He just needed some confidence and to be put with some skilled guys instead of pluggers.  I'd like to see what he could do with Connor and Lemieux.  Or Perrault and Armia.  Or Dano and Petan.  Putting Connor with Lowry is like hitching a thoroughbred horse to a beer wagon.

Then why like TUP said is malkin on the 3rd line. Why didn't kane and panarin play with Toews in Chicago. Bring it to the home team... why the hell did thorburn play with Ehlers half the year. 

Edited by Goalie

13 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Then why like TUP said is malkin on the 3rd line. Why didn't kane and panarin play with Toews in Chicago. Bring it to the home team... why the hell did thorburn play with Ehlers half the year. 

Yeah... that example is not really helping your argument...

I wish I had said this *before* the lottery, but I never dreamt it would happen anyways so I didn't think I'd need to but I'm happier with the 2nd overall pick than the 1st personally. The decision is either Laine or Matthews. For our roster, I actually prefer Laine but now there's really no decision for us to make. We simply take who Toronto doesn't and the pressure is on them to make the right pick.

If we had the first overall pick, I'd still want us to take Laine. I understand Matthews is a center, but I'm taking the Ovechkin prototype over the Kopitar prototype every day with our roster built the way it is.

22 hours ago, Ducky said:

Nope, no guarantees at all..............but I'd rather have Matthews if I'm Chevy and/or Maurice.........plenty of wingers in the mix and not so much centers.

I agree that you can never have too many good centres... but keep in mind Connor is a centre... and Little and Scheifle are still pretty darn good players... then there's Lowry, Copp and a few other prospects for the bottom 6... so while Matthews would be a fantastic addition, I am very happy adding a high scoring, top line winger...

25 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I agree that you can never have too many good centres... but keep in mind Connor is a centre... and Little and Scheifle are still pretty darn good players... then there's Lowry, Copp and a few other prospects for the bottom 6... so while Matthews would be a fantastic addition, I am very happy adding a high scoring, top line winger...

Connor is a center?

18 hours ago, Blueballz said:

I will puke if it's Pavelec over Hellebuyck. 

I could see Morrisey over Stuart...

My thoughts exactly. Though I'd go a step farther - Morrissey should start over Stuart.

We know who Stu is and what he brings. Even if he's the better dman now (hope not) you start Morrissey 'cuz he potentially makes us better, and soon.  Stuart doesn't make this team any better and is beyond being easily replaceable.

Connor is a LW. For some odd reason some sites have him listed as C but he's not .. he's a natural Left shooting LW. 

Connor Compher Motte 

LW C RW 

Morrissey is already better than Stu. Stu should probably be in the AHL and even then I think he struggles because he just lacks speed to keep up. 

Stuart has regressed lots and quite rapidly. Intangibles don't mean much when you struggle that bad. Lots of people thought Ladd was regressing also and perhaps he has but Stu, it's a really rapid decline. He's wasting a spot basically and he shouldn't be on a NHL team. 

Edited by Goalie

If there's one skill all players this day and age need, it's good skating ability.

Stuart doesn't have it, probably never did. He's slowing down as the league is as quick as it's ever been.

Can't wait for training camp to see how he handles (or doesn't) our speedy wingers.

I don't think buff gets any letter. He's the dressing room leader but probably doesn't need an A. Wheeler and Scheif are obvious. Not sure who the other A will be. Maybe a younger guy like Trouba. 

With Stu.. I really feel like, despite his contract, he's probably Moose bound and I think that's a good spot for him. He can show the kids what it takes to be a pro. 

Edited by Goalie