Royal Blue uniforms are officially back!!

bb.king

8 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

That blue looks good but that gold....it's like sponge coloured. Less gold too please. We are the Blue Bombers not Blue & Gold Bombers.

Oh and a real logo not some letter like half the teams in the league have.

Not sure if serious...

8 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

That blue looks good but that gold....it's like sponge coloured. Less gold too please. We are the Blue Bombers not Blue & Gold Bombers.

Oh and a real logo not some letter like half the teams in the league have.

you got to adjust the color on your screen cause that Gold looks just fine to me.

I said that I'd believe it when I saw it, in terms of the team going back to royal blue, and now I have seen it.  I believe it and I love it!  If they don't design some of the minor aspects of the jersey the same way that I would, that's cool with me.  I'm just happy we got our royals back.

Looks like I'm going to have to empty my can of loonies and other change, because I may have to buy one or two new jerseys for this season. :) 

5 minutes ago, White Out said:

Blue pants at home? 

Why? 

Why? 

What the ****? Of course they couldn't get this lay up 100%. They had to **** something up. 

To what are you referring White Out?  I am not able to see all of the pictures in this thread, here at work. (I can see the small sample of the royal blue jersey.)

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

What? Where did you see that?

"The new pant design, described to Metro Winnipeg as "way different," will likely move away from gold and into a royal blue primary with white side striping. It remains unclear whether the uniforms will use multiple pant designs between road and home kits. "

Oh Ic, from the article....I really hope that's not true. And the gold pants stay. If they **** this up when there sooooo close....I'll be pissed.

I really hope that the who ever wrote the article got it wrong on the pants.  Let's leave the double blue for the Argos.

It is kind of weird though, because when the Bombers first switched to navy blue in 1995 they also made the pants blue. 4 years later they switched back to gold pants.

In my mind this team is blue and gold, I hope they don't mess with that.

0f1b0db7a09a47bdd1a4d878c267ad92.jpg Sorry to break it to ya Frosty but the Blue Bombers nickname is Blue & Gold. The W first appeared on Blue Bomber helmets in 1962. Here is a picture from the Grey Cup that season. Quarterback Hal Ledyard talking to Bomber Head Coach Bud Grant. Notice the gold pants as well as the blue & gold arm stripe?

Edited by iso_55

7 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

We haven't seen the jersey so why the blue pants rant?

http://www.metronews.ca/news/winnipeg/2016/04/15/bombers-new-royal-blue-jerseys-will-be-retro-but-sharp.html

Seems a given its blue pants. with striping down the side.

Which is fine by me but JC if the away unis are all white.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

9 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

We haven't seen the jersey so why the blue pants rant?

it's in the article that they are going away from gold pants and toward blue. Which to me, is just ******* dumb. It's almost as if the CFL is trying to piss off the fans. I know they aren't. I'm just saying it's no secret to what jerseys bomber fans like. Why not just give it to them????

We haven't seen them though, so hopefully mike is right and the blue pants are a once in a while thing.

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

What rant?

And I wouldn't be so quick to suggest the pants will be blue.

If anything, I could see them doing something similar to what Nike did and have a specific "color rush" style uniform they wear once with the blue pants, but I believe the pants will ultimately be gold.

I hop you're right.

2 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Well, if true then why should I be surprised? We hoped they'd bring back the retro royals & gold pants that fans love,  It's just another questionable decision from the Blue Bombers that can't seem to get things right. 

to be fair, the CFL probably has a larger say in what gets or doesn't get done. Though I don't know for sure, I'm just assuming they do. Mostly due to that gong show 3rd jersey they tried to pass off as a bomber jersey.

2 hours ago, iso_55 said:

0f1b0db7a09a47bdd1a4d878c267ad92.jpg Sorry to break it to ya Frosty but the Blue Bombers nickname is Blue & Gold. The W first appeared on Blue Bomber helmets in 1962. Here is a picture from the Grey Cup that season. Quarterback Hal Ledyard talking to Bomber Head Coach Bud Grant. Notice the gold pants as well as the blue & gold arm stripe?

Now that the royal blue's are back, next they need to bring back trench coats for the head coach. That is a classic look!!