Random News Items

Rich

From huffingtonpost.ca:

BILLINGS, Mont. ― A U.S. judge cancelled a key permit Wednesday for the Keystone XL oil pipeline that’s expected to stretch from Canada to Nebraska, another setback for the disputed project that got underway less than two weeks ago following years of delays.

Judge Brian Morris said the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers failed to adequately consider effects on endangered species such as pallid sturgeon, a massive, dinosaur-like fish that lives in rivers the pipeline would cross.

32 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Just brutal. 23 year old female cop killed.  Leaves two kids motherless.  Wtf is wrong with people 

33 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Just brutal. 23 year old female cop killed.  Leaves two kids motherless.  Wtf is wrong with people 

A total of 13 dead as of 18:00h.

14 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We may never know the motive. 

No, but we already know his name, so they've provided him the spotlight he sought.  The media will be pumping out his saga for the next 2 weeks so the next nutbar anxious to make a name for himself can take inspiration and collect more paper-clippings.  If they treated shooters with anonymous identities as they do juveniles and the victims of crimes, plus suppressed the details of the crime through a publication ban, I believe there would be a significant reduction in copy-cat mass-shootings.   When nothing else works, try psychology.

10 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Not that it matters much as it's a tragic loss regardless but FYP for accuracy.

When I initially read it online it described her as a 23 year old vet and I thought that was weird phrasing.  Even asked my gf if that made sense.  Thanks for the correction.  Makes more sense. Still awful :( 

• 2 weeks later...