Bombers FA Signings 2016

Noeller

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

That's unfortunate about Jernigan but... if he doesn't want to be here, then so be it. And we move on, They have a few other options also, the most obvious one being Veltung who quite honestly looked pretty damn good returning kicks and punts last year... he actually looked better than Stoudemire. 

Given that training camp hasn't started yet, the most reasonable explanation to me would be that Jernigan knows his family situation is such that he won't be back before camp.  The Bombers want to bring in another player in the meantime but can't because Jernigan is still under contract (and they want to keep him that way), so they're at their limit even if it doesn't work for him to show up right away.

Can't suspend him for not reporting because their is nothing to report to at the moment.  Injury lists don't exist for about another month.  So they put him on the retired list just to have him somewhere, and in the meantime they'll probably bring another 75th player in for camp.  The other options would be releasing him or only having 74 counters in camp.  This might be the only shell game they can play with Jernigan to avoid those.

2 hours ago, mbrg said:

Given that training camp hasn't started yet, the most reasonable explanation to me would be that Jernigan knows his family situation is such that he won't be back before camp.  The Bombers want to bring in another player in the meantime but can't because Jernigan is still under contract (and they want to keep him that way), so they're at their limit even if it doesn't work for him to show up right away.

Can't suspend him for not reporting because their is nothing to report to at the moment.  Injury lists don't exist for about another month.  So they put him on the retired list just to have him somewhere, and in the meantime they'll probably bring another 75th player in for camp.  The other options would be releasing him or only having 74 counters in camp.  This might be the only shell game they can play with Jernigan to avoid those.

Yer damn good, I can almost believe that scenario.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

http://vikingsjournal.com/_/minnesota-vikings-news/minnesota-vikings/depth-chart-sneak-peek-how-do-the-wide-receivers-breakdown-r1089

CURRENT DEPTH BREAKDOWN

• Stefon Diggs

• Laquon Treadwell

• Jarius Wright

• Adam Thielen

• Charles Johnson

• Cordarrelle Patterson

• Moritz Boehringer

• Terrell Sinkfield

• Isaac Fruecht

• Marken Michel

• Troy Stoudemire

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Stoudermire has all the tools a returner needs in either league, he just has to get his brain working at a higher level to match the physical gifts.

Yep, thats true. But you dont see guys in camp in the NFL for the returner spot who doesnt have that skill set. TBH i think they prefer returners who have the head for it and make the most of easy yards rather then high risk/reward returners but thats just me. 

10 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Stoudermire has all the tools a returner needs in either league, he just has to get his brain working at a higher level to match the physical gifts.

The good news is that the NFL is so rigid he won't have to think for himself. Coaches will tell him exactly what to do all the time.