Schedule Out

Jpan85

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

When only 2 teams in the league are bad it's kind of hard to avoid playing solid teams.    

I would hope that we can beat any team on any given night and if the team really has improved then we should be able to win some of those games.

The bottom 3 teams in each conference should play each other for the 17th & 18th games

15 minutes ago, Brandon said:

When only 2 teams in the league are bad it's kind of hard to avoid playing solid teams.    

I would hope that we can beat any team on any given night and if the team really has improved then we should be able to win some of those games.

That is the plan, it's now or never for this regime.

I really don't get the pessimism about the first 6 games.    Does it really matter when we lose to those teams seeing as some assume we will lose those games?

the only teams i see being weak are the riders (blown up) and montreal. Maybe TO and BC depending on how Ray and Lulay/Jennings start off the year. 

I think we have made major improvements to our team at some of our weakest links.. Lapo is an upgrade over MB not matter if you like him or not.  This time around Lapo has A good Qb vs brink, elliot, pierce.  We have an all star RB (assuming he doesn't get hurt) and Upgraded from Moore (always hurts) with Dressler and Smith.  We have some potentially better linemen as well.  

Its yet to be seen if Edmonton will be any good without Jones and co, BC is a question mark at QB,  Sask is in rebuild mode and Calgary has a new Head coach but i don't expect them to drop off.  

If Ray struggles in TO, then Harris is not there  to carry the team. Hamilton should continue to excel with Collaros back in the saddle.  Montreal hasn't really improved at QB at all but i do expect Ottawa to continue where they left off last year with Harris to take over if Burris struggles.  So that's what three teams in the league that should continue winning this season ? (Cal,Ott,Ham)

So.. Really I think all those teams are beatable, but we will need to see what we got when the bullets start flying with all the new pieces the bombers have added... We may loose more games then last year but i think that will take a few strings of bad luck and injuries. since we would have been 9-9 if we had medlock last year converting as he did last year.

2 hours ago, TrueBlue said:

Weekends not as popular for the league as they once were. Quite a few more Thursday night games, plus:

-3 Wednesday night games

-1 Monday (non-holiday) game

The NFL. Notice for the first time all playoff games are on Saturday? They might as well go Saturday for the playoffs as people are in NFL Fantasy leagues & it has never been more popular & I'm sure it affects ratings  having to go head to head with the NFL. I wonder if the Grey Cup will ever be changed back to Saturday?

2 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

What a terribly bland website the CFL has now... Ugh.

Not a fan of it either.  The new formatting makes it very difficult to highlight to copy and paste the details of the schedule.  The formatting separates everything too much to really compare and look at a global view of it.

It is similar to the new NHL.com.  I think they wanted to format the websites in such a way that it presents well on both mobile and desktop.  Unfortunately, that makes the desktop experience poorer.

Now that we have a kicker....schmoes will test us but they're beatable... We just about had them last year but the kicker went a.w.o.l....I think we're getting a better deal than last year but the first part of the season is really going to show what we're made of...All in all not that bad.

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

Now that we have a kicker....schmoes will test us but they're beatable... We just about had them last year but the kicker went a.w.o.l....I think we're getting a better deal than last year but the first part of the season is really going to show what we're made of...All in all not that bad.

There is a good possibility that Collaros will not be ready to go at the start of the season, so that gives them a fair chance to steal some pts. from the Ti-Cats.

10 minutes ago, Rich said:

Not a fan of it either.  The new formatting makes it very difficult to highlight to copy and paste the details of the schedule.  The formatting separates everything too much to really compare and look at a global view of it.

It is similar to the new NHL.com.  I think they wanted to format the websites in such a way that it presents well on both mobile and desktop.  Unfortunately, that makes the desktop experience poorer.

Maybe I'm not searching hard enough, but I can't find a way to change the game times based on time zone, which kinda sucks. Also, you used to be able to filter the schedule by team, and I don't see that option anymore, either. Lame new site...

23 minutes ago, Rich said:

I hate the layouts of both sites now. Absolutely terrible.

The only thing good about the new cfl.ca site is that it defaults to my local timezone in the schedule. Don't have to change it every time.

8 minutes ago, Chaosmonkey said:

Bombers playing at home to Ottawa on Oct 29th, and at home to BC on Oct 8th, so the stadium NHL game should be happening between those two dates?

it's the only logical conclusion. Also interesting that there's ONE home game in all of August.

3 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

That is the plan, it's now or never for this regime.

It all hinges on Drew Willy and the O-line. If we can keep him upright and healthy we should be competitive against any team. If the O-line is crap and Willy gets hurt early in the season it may be fatal for MOS and KW.

4 hours ago, BigBlue said:

We play home & away against all 8 teams

The two extra games is home against Edmonton & away agaionst Calgary

Why is a basement dweller playing its extra games against the division leaders?

Should be playing those two against the Lions & Riders (NFL style of balancing), don't you think?

We played the Riders three times last year (and I think the Lions three times as well). They rotate which teams you play 3 times so it has to be Edmonton and Calgary. I like the rotating policy crap playing crap or good playing good more makes zero sense to me.