Dressler Signs with Bombers

peggars

11 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I'd stick with Adams and hope some recruits turn out over Stafford.  What we need is a solid guy on the boundary.  Stafford isn't that guy, he's like a Nick Moore with worse hands.  Wouldn't waste cap space on him.

You just do this to see who bites....right?

On 1/26/2016 at 10:34 AM, Noeller said:

We're paying him less than we were paying Moore....and we're getting a clear upgrade at the position. I see this as SAVING money on an upgrade,.....

Its what 5k bucks under moores deal? Savings none the less. But my point was that its a gamble just the same as signing moore was. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Its what 5k bucks under moores deal? Savings none the less. But my point was that its a gamble just the same as signing moore was. 

Moore was coming off one year in BC. Weston Dressier is a CFL All Star and widely recognized as one of the best players in the league. I'm not saying there's no risk, but don't call it similar to when we signed Moore.... 

I wasnt aware that Winnipeg fans are just as bad as Rider fans.

The moment a guy is off the team we now say he sucks and wasn't any good?

Moore is a helluva good player and the only knock anyone can say on him is his struggles staying healthy.

If the guy had no injury issues he would be a top 5 receiver in the league.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Moore was coming off one year in BC. Weston Dressier is a CFL All Star and widely recognized as one of the best players in the league. I'm not saying there's no risk, but don't call it similar to when we signed Moore.... 

We cant be sure what we are gonna get in moore. He was one of the best players in the cfl before he went to the nfl. 

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

Moore is a helluva good player and the only knock anyone can say on him is his struggles staying healthy.

I don't see it as ragging on Moore, but rather an upgrade by signing Dressler.

hindsight is 20/20 but legit Nic Moore turned one great year into a great contract with Winnipeg.  In his time here, when healthy he was very productive...Key words are "When Healthy".  He had those concerns in B.C as well. Dressler (to the best of my knowledge) hasn't missed nearly the amount of games Nic has and has played longer

6 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Moore was very good. But he couldnt stay healthy and was in our horrible horrible offense. who knows how good a healthy moore would be as no1 in a good offense now.  Id love to have him back at a much cheaper contract.

I thought Moore was pretty consistent. However, in our brutal offence his body couldn't hold up to all the punishment he took. I have no doubt if he had been healthy for all last season he would have been over the 1000 yard mark. Our offence was way worse when he was out.

I certainly hate to see him go but I am certain he will catch one elsewhere and return to glory. 

Dessler though offers many of the same talents but is also much more of a game breaker with his speed. For once the Bombers were able to replace talent with talent. We have lost far too many good receivers in the last several years and rarely replaced the, right away.

I just hope to hell Dessler pans out and doesn't suffer Moore's fate of wallowing in an incompetent offence and getting injured.

I don't know about "us having a poor offense" equals punishment for the receivers.   If anything the guys should be more fresh and healthy since it was a lot of 2 and outs and qb sacks.  

The guy is talented,  but it makes perfect sense for us to move on and try to find a guy who can play game in and game out.

9 hours ago, Brandon said:

I don't know about "us having a poor offense" equals punishment for the receivers.   If anything the guys should be more fresh and healthy since it was a lot of 2 and outs and qb sacks.  

The guy is talented,  but it makes perfect sense for us to move on and try to find a guy who can play game in and game out.

Well, I have seen an awful lot of our receivers get hung out to dry on passes or having to take many more heavy hits than other teams. Sure every receiver eventually gets hung out to dry but there has been an awful lot of it in the last few years. Honestly? I am surprised that Moore and the rest of our inside guys stayed healthy at all.

9 hours ago, Brandon said:

It makes perfect sense both would want to move on. 

As for fresh and healthy you would think Willy and the rest of our offensive guys that got injured would have been healthier and fresher as well. I am not one that puts much stock in the whole sitting all the time keeps one fresh or a player being on the field all the time means you are going to get worn out. Keep in mind if your offence or defence is on the field all the time then so is it opposition's offence or defence. You would think they would get tired too as they are putting in equal effort. It is just an excuse for either bad conditioning or coaching/play. 

Yeah you get tired but when I played sports, including football I would rather be on the field of play than sitting. You only worry about the pain afterwards.

14 hours ago, Dragon37 said:

Yeah you get tired but when I played sports, including football I would rather be on the field of play than sitting. You only worry about the pain afterwards.

I only played sports for the celebrity status and the benefits that came with that (girls, girls, girls).  :D

On 1/27/2016 at 5:51 PM, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Right my bad!! Is it actually retired or just "off limits" :)

Did we ever start actually retiring numbers? 

I wouldnt mind no 4 to wash the ages old arland bruce taste away from an old jersey i have laying around. Idk if a wr can wear 00 but that was probably my favorite of all time. Other wise traditional boring 80 some thing not ending in 5 is good by me.

I don't agree with the idea that a defence cannot be worn down during the course of a game.

Of course players want to be out there rather than sit, that's the excitement and enjoyment element. But if you think a well run offence can't take the steam out of a defence, I would advise you watch again. And even though the offence could be on the field the same length of time, they have the distinct advantage of knowing where the play is going and can spread the running/receiving around. AND, they have the element of a hurry up offence on their side. 

There could be an element of bad coaching involved, but if you're on the field the majority of time...you will get run down..

3 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

I don't agree with the idea that a defence cannot be worn down during the course of a game.

Of course players want to be out there rather than sit, that's the excitement and enjoyment element. But if you think a well run offence can't take the steam out of a defence, I would advise you watch again. And even though the offence could be on the field the same length of time, they have the distinct advantage of knowing where the play is going and can spread the running/receiving around. AND, they have the element of a hurry up offence on their side. 

There could be an element of bad coaching involved, but if you're on the field the majority of time...you will get run down..

100% true. Especially if your being run on. If it was that easy to be on the field none stop, stars would play both ways still.

12 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Well sure you get tired but they are no the only crew on the field.the other team's unit is on the field too running, pushing, hitting. So ....