We be tankin' it (official tanking thread) ...

IC Khari

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

OK, if it's a lottery that the Jets have to be involved with, for the good of the team, on the day of the lottery, due to my lottery record, I promise to stay far away from the proceedings.

You're all welcome..

I think every team not in the playoffs are involved in the lottery this year.

I just ran the simulator 50 times and the Jets were 6 x 1sts and 7x 2nds and 6x3rds...21% of picking top 3.....if we pick lower than 3rd, I hope Chevy takes Chychrun.

That's not the simulator the nhl uses lol. 

And they just do it once not 50 times.

Anyways tho. Frank Seravelli of tsn is reporting that the jets are shopping Pardy and want to move Burmistrov also. 

Other names are pav hutch (either or) Postma and Chiarot. 

Edited by Goalie

The first ti me the Jets got 2nd.

Love to see Pardy and Burmi moved.

It is time to let Postma see what he can do in another organization because he's not going to get a  shot with this one.

Chiarot has been underwhelming this year to be polite. I wouldn't miss him. I'd rather see Stuart move though.

If he is traded, that is another excuse to give Scheif the A.

Pavs for Hiller straight across.

Hutch, Stu a 3rd and Postma to the Canes for Fleury.

Pardy and Burmi to Jersey for a 2nd in 2016 and a 3rd in 2018.

7 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I understand this. But ofcourse the odds are greater younger first if you finish last. I want to maximize our odds. 

Goalie likes recapping things just in case we didn't understand how the draft works.

12 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Great save by the Buffalo goalie in O.T. very Jets like.

he was outstanding prior to that, but man that was an ugly one to let in. Still, the speed from McJesus to blow by the D.....Christ that kid is good.

McDavid is good but they need to move some players off that team and build around McDavid. The culture of losing can't be fixed by 1 guy. 

McDavid is good but he can't do it on his own..

I like how the media made that in to a McDavid vs Eichel game tho, Both guys pretty much said they don't know each other at all and that it's all media created. 

2 hours ago, tacklewasher said:

No one is going to out tank the Leafs....

Agreed.

If we finish bottom 5, I'm happy. I trust Chevy & co to use the pick wisely; as they've done with 7th & 9th overall picks. Outside of finishing last and having a 20% shot at 1st overall, the 2nd thru 5th worst teams all have within a 5% shot at first - not a huge difference. 

For what it's worth, I just ran the simulator 12 times. Jets picked 2nd twice and 5,6 or 7th 10/12 times. :(

I think the Oilers are just about the only team in that bottom group that's really trying to win. Getting some confidence and learning HOW to win is far more important to that team right now than getting the 1st overall again. Honestly, I think they'd rather not have the pressure of HAVING to take Matthews....get the 4th or 5th overall and take Chychrun (who they need) guilt free...