We be tankin' it (official tanking thread) ...

IC Khari

I am serious, check out their last 20 or so games. This team has a great chance at Matthews next year. I've read some analysts that say if he were available last draft, he would have been taken 2nd.

If we were fortunate enough to get Matthews this draft, we'd be contenders by the 2017-2018 season. With some shrewd moves by Chevy and his cupboard full of assets, I could see him pulling some UFA or trading for a big name at a position of need to put on the finishing touch.

Change a few things around on that lineup I posted an it is a cup contender. Future is looking brighter by the game. Back to back in Denver tomorrow too............

No its not cuz big UFAs won't sign here hence draft and development. Matthews would be a nice piece to go along with scheif ehlers Connor trouba even. Wheeler and little. Helle too but this team has big issues. Connor and Matthews on the top line? Not with Maurice as coach. 

Edited by Goalie

Auston Matthews TUP, if he is going to be our saviour, let's get it right!!!!!!!

Jets didn't deserve to win. Don't deserve the playoffs either. I am glad they are playing poorly and will finish near the bottom. We need Auston.

How many of their last 21 games in 40 days are they going to win?

How far out of the playoffs will they be when March 1st rolls around?

What will their roster look like when March 1st rolls around?

This team is picking high next draft.

Just now, Ducky said:

Auston Matthews TUP, if he is going to be our saviour, let's get it right!!!!!!!

Jets didn't deserve to win. Don't deserve the playoffs either. I am glad they are playing poorly and will finish near the bottom. We need Auston.

How many of their last 21 games in 40 days are they going to win?

How far out of the playoffs will they be when March 1st rolls around?

What will their roster look like when March 1st rolls around?

This team is picking high next draft.

You're right ofcourse. I was thinking Stone Cold when I wrote that. 

Finish last and you are guaranteed to be picking no worse than 4th. Finishing last don't guarantee you Matthews. Gotta think top 3 is Matthews and the 2 Finnish kids. 4th you'd get your choice of Chychrun Julojevi Sergachev all LHD... all a big need for the Jets. Think I'd go Julo there. 

Edited by Goalie

I think they'd take an LHD at 4. Julo is probably the best bet. I think he has more overall potential than chych and Sergachev. Chych seems to not be progressing this year.  Probably be nicer to pick first next year and pick local boy 6 3 center Nolan Patrick first overall. Think he will be better than Matthews. Winnipeg born and bred playing for the Wheat Kings. 

Tkachuk is a LW. Not reallya big need with Connor Ehlers Perreault 

Edited by Goalie

Assuming the Finns go after AM. Things tend to get screwy at the draft though.

LHD also depends on what they do with Buff. Re-sign him and the pairing with Trouba probably stays and the need is postponed. Trade Buff and what? Myers and Trouba are our two RHD? I'd be a LOT more comfy with Hamonic and Trouba.

20 hours ago, Ducky said:

We wouldn't be far from legitimate contenders with Matthews. Especially if Morrissey, Connor, Ehlers, and to a lesser degree Helle, Lemieux and Roslovic turn out as expected.

To a lesser degree Helle?  The clubs fate basically rests on his shoulders ha

• 2 weeks later...