Who is this guy from Pinnacle?

BigBlue

A Blue Bomber Hall of Famer. A guy with a lot of heart and football smarts. But what he has done as President since assuming the job is a complete mystery to me ... and perhaps to you too.

What has he shown in his regime? What are his accomplishments. What impact is he making?

Please don't tell me he has shown "great patience"...

I would like to know what you "feel" about our mysterious Wade Miller.

27 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

A Blue Bomber Hall of Famer. A guy with a lot of heart and football smarts. But what he has done as President since assuming the job is a complete mystery to me ... and perhaps to you too.

What has he shown in his regime? What are his accomplishments. What impact is he making?

Please don't tell me he has shown "great patience"...

I would like to know what you "feel" about our mysterious Wade Miller.

Is that you Nate? or is it Nate Jr. ?

Was never a fan of the Miller hire in the first place. If the Bombers have yet another losing season, I fear the board would keep him around to "fix it". which makes zero sense, but that's just how things roll in the Bombers Boardroom. (they like keeping their friends in high places)

8 minutes ago, Project_Legacy said:

Was never a fan of the Miller hire in the first place. If the Bombers have yet another losing season, I fear the board would keep him around to "fix it". which makes zero sense, but that's just how things roll in the Bombers Boardroom. (they like keeping their friends in high places)

This is a reasonably decent demonstration of not understanding what his actual function is.  There will be more.

+++

Making the mortgage payments

My idiot friend who worked for the Bombers says he's a jerk

Seems committed to his plan

---

Trying to strongarm Bettman and the NHL and losing the Winter Classic (could still make up for this one)

2 losing seasons

My smart friend who worked for the Bombers says he is a jerk

Food options in stadium suck

Grey Cup non sellout (seat count reduction)

Bad public speaker

Edited by Atomic

11 minutes ago, mbrg said:

This is a reasonably decent demonstration of not understanding what his actual function is.  There will be more.

I'm more than well aware that Miller's job has much more to do with the business side than the football side, but let's not kid ourselves, Miller was brought in because not only has been been successful in business, it was assumed he know football, because he played. Playing and managing are two different things, but hey the Board knows what they're doing, so no worries.

I love how "smart" everyone is around here, it's like everyone seems to think that they're smarter than everyone else and assumes that their way of thinking is the only way. Must be compensating for something small.

Everything I've heard is that he's an ******* in business, but he's the ******* you want on your side. He doesn't take no for an answer and gets **** done. I know some people who quit because of him, but I know some people that say nothing but good things about his work with both Pinnacle and the WBB. 

Without knowing the sheer volume of work the guy has had to do since coming on board, it's impossible to say whether he's done a good job or not. One thing I know for sure: There is nobody on the planet who wants to win more than him.

1 hour ago, Guest said:

I'm more than well aware that Miller's job has much more to do with the business side than the football side, but let's not kid ourselves, Miller was brought in because not only has been been successful in business, it was assumed he know football, because he played. Playing and managing are two different things, but hey the Board knows what they're doing, so no worries.

I love how "smart" everyone is around here, it's like everyone seems to think that they're smarter than everyone else and assumes that their way of thinking is the only way. Must be compensating for something small.

Wait, anonymous guests can post here now?

1 hour ago, comedygeek said:

Wait, anonymous guests can post here now?

There were 2 posts written by a member, whose name I will not mention, and now are posted as guest. The reasons behind this is known only to those who know the reasons behind this, and for the rest of us...its just a guest.

6 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

There were 2 posts written by a member, whose name I will not mention, and now are posted as guest. The reasons behind this is known only to those who know the reasons behind this, and for the rest of us...its just a guest.

Banned?  How petty.

No one was banned. He politely asked for his account to be deleted, and it wasn't instigated by any moderator action.  

I gave him options to just not log in, ban his account but his preference was to be deleted, so I obliged.

To preserve the continuity of discussions, when a member is deleted, their posts become attributed to guest.

11 minutes ago, Rich said:

No one was banned. He politely asked for his account to be deleted, and it wasn't instigated by any moderator action.  

I gave him options to just not log in, ban his account but his preference was to be deleted, so I obliged.

To preserve the continuity of discussions, when a member is deleted, their posts become attributed to guest.

Oh shucks - I thought it was Nasty Nate back - after being banned over on the Riderfans site the only home left for him is on the Stamps site. But guess not.

In any event just to chime in here I think Wade has 2016 to right the ship and then if not - bye bye. I must admit I was very enthused when the Board brought him on board as the CEO but after two years not so impressed. And with little if any additional revenue streams other than gate receipts projected for 2016 I think the Bomber Bottom line in 2016 may be awash with Red Ink.

He's stuck on a very small Stamps website. If they do 50 posts a week they're busy. It's funny he's stranded on a site like that where he can post all his Bomber hate & no one even reads or cares what he says.  I think that's better than being banned. The irony is exquisite.