BigBlue

16 hours ago, TrueBlue said:

See:

-Increased revenue

-Everything about the game day experience

-Instilling a fan first mentality

-Corporate support

-Community engagement

The most noticeable thing for me would be how much the gameday experience has changed under Miller's watch.   Even if some of it doesn't interest or affect me, I have still noticed the improvements.

Once the on-field product starts to catch up, it will a make for a great atmosphere.

It remains to be seen how they regenerate fan interest to sell season tickets for 2016. Part of the season ticket sales for 2015 were fuelled by Grey Cup tickets tied in. The game day experience is only worth something if the on field product improves unless you move the rum hut to the 55 yard line.

Self Made Millionaire who owns his own company, who was featured on the somewhat exclusive top 40 under 40 club, a former pro football player who cares deeply about this team city and the people, even tho some seem to have this issue with the guy or agenda they keep pushing.

Man, there are a lot of jealous people posting on this topic isn't there? Yeesh.  

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Self Made Millionaire who owns his own company, who was featured on the somewhat exclusive top 40 under 40 club, a former pro football player who cares deeply about this team city and the people, even tho some seem to have this issue with the guy or agenda they keep pushing.

Man, there are a lot of jealous people posting on this topic isn't there? Yeesh.  

I missed the part where you commented on his job as president.  The question was not how much you admire the man, but how good of a job he is doing as president.  Of course we don't know the day to day operations so the only way to judge is on what the public has seen since he took over.

Edited by Atomic
spelling

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

How do you know he is a " Self Made Millionaire "

As a fan of the football team I would say he hasn't done a great job.

As a customer of the football club and season ticket holder I think he's done a great job of improving customer relations and the in-stadium experience.   It's not always flawless but before he got there I felt like the team believed it was doing me a favour by letting me attend their games.  

As President of the team, I'm really not sure what his job is, If it's to improve the team? He's done poorly but... I'm not sure that's his job description exactly... I think the in game experience has improved, i think customer service has improved, I think the fact that he seems to actually listen to the people is quite the change, I don't know what type of say he has in the on field product but... from what i've heard and read, He seems to be opening up the cheque book a bit, you can say maybe the scouting and gm has failed but i'm not sure i'd put that on the president exactly.Someone wanna tell me what his job description actually is? Cuz, right now it seems like a bunch are just guessing.

If it's 2 attract new sponsors to the team and to improve the game day experience, outside of the on field product, then he's done a good job. If it's to also improve the on field product, i'm not sure it is, then he hasn't. It really does depend on what his job description is. He came in after Garth Buchko who from all accounts left quite the mess for Wade to clean up, I don't know Wade Miller, I've met him once or twice and he seems like a guy who wants to win, who cares what reasonable fans think, i think he doesn't need to be president but he is because he cares that much... The guy doesn't need this president job, he has his own business, he doesn't need the bombers at all. But he took the job, why? because he obviously gives a crap about the team  and honestly, i think with a guy like Buchko in charge b4 him, I think it takes a while to clean up his mess. I'm not saying Miller is teflon or anything here, I just think based on what I think his job description is, He's done a good job.

I don't think I can put the on field issues on him, I think that falls on Walters and to an extent O'shea and the coaches and even the scouts... Listen, Miller hired walters right, at the time everyone loved the hire, maybe not loved but we were all good with it, who else was out there really? Nobody... Should he have maybe hired someone else? Maybe, Maybe not. It's hard to say but... I put the on field product issues on Walters and the scouting, and i guess, in the big picture, i'm not sure our scouting network would exist if Miller didn't allow it too. Is it the greatest? No. Is our scouting as awful as some make it out to be? probably not. 

Like I said, if his job description is... off the field issues, he's done a good job. If it's on field, he hasn't. 

Edited by Goalie

Only thing I now is that with each passing year...he has less and less of a neck...

I think he's done a pretty good job.  (and I've never liked the guy as a player)  If we suck again this coming season, he's probably the only one of the big 3 (Wade, Kyle & Mike) to not get the axe.

37 minutes ago, Goalie said:

As President of the team, I'm really not sure what his job is, If it's to improve the team? He's done poorly but... I'm not sure that's his job description exactly... I think the in game experience has improved, i think customer service has improved, I think the fact that he seems to actually listen to the people is quite the change, I don't know what type of say he has in the on field product but... from what i've heard and read, He seems to be opening up the cheque book a bit, you can say maybe the scouting and gm has failed but i'm not sure i'd put that on the president exactly.Someone wanna tell me what his job description actually is? Cuz, right now it seems like a bunch are just guessing.

All the  off field promotions, game day experience, etc, all fall to him to oversee.

Part of his job is also to hire the right people to improve the team.  As CEO, he does the hiring and firing of the GM.  So if the GM is doing a bad job, he made a poor hiring choice.

Typically A CEO (and a GM) will get a couple of cracks at hiring the right person if things don't turn out right away unless they are doing an absolute awful job in other areas as well,  Walters was his first hire.  If next season is a disaster, O'Shea will go for sure.  Then Wade has to decide if Walters gets a 2nd chance at hiring a head coach.

If Walters is also fired, I believe Wade will get at least another shot at hiring a new GM.  If the Bombers are a non play-off team next year with a sub .500 record and Wade decides to keep Walters, it will be interesting to see what the board will do.

10 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Goalie for your New years resolution.... Try to keep posts under 10000 words!

Thankfully I scrolled ahead and found one sentence at the end that summed it all up.

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

If it's 2 attract new sponsors to the team and to improve the game day experience, outside of the on field product, then he's done a good job. If it's to also improve the on field product, i'm not sure it is, then he hasn't. It really does depend on what his job description is. He came in after Garth Buchko who from all accounts left quite the mess for Wade to clean up, I don't know Wade Miller, I've met him once or twice and he seems like a guy who wants to win, who cares what reasonable fans think, i think he doesn't need to be president but he is because he cares that much... The guy doesn't need this president job, he has his own business, he doesn't need the bombers at all. But he took the job, why? because he obviously gives a crap about the team  and honestly, i think with a guy like Buchko in charge b4 him, I think it takes a while to clean up his mess. I'm not saying Miller is teflon or anything here, I just think based on what I think his job description is, He's done a good job.

I don't think I can put the on field issues on him, I think that falls on Walters and to an extent O'shea and the coaches and even the scouts... Listen, Miller hired walters right, at the time everyone loved the hire, maybe not loved but we were all good with it, who else was out there really? Nobody... Should he have maybe hired someone else? Maybe, Maybe not. It's hard to say but... I put the on field product issues on Walters and the scouting, and i guess, in the big picture, i'm not sure our scouting network would exist if Miller didn't allow it too. Is it the greatest? No. Is our scouting as awful as some make it out to be? probably not. 

Like I said, if his job description is... off the field issues, he's done a good job. If it's on field, he hasn't. 

I don't know if I want a Team President that doesn't need the job because he owns other businesses to fall back on. I want a guy/woman who is focused on nothing but the team. That need the job.