LaPolice new Bombers OC

Mr. Perfect

Except that we'd have to make adjustments on the ratio. Would sure be nice to have an up and coming NI like Walter in Cgy to fill in, when you've got a Harris on the roster.

I don't think this is as big of a deal as it once was.

I don't think so either. Even Calgary was using am american primarily to back up Cornish. Flexibility seems to be the order of the day for the ratio in the CFL. 8 or 9 guys who could start depending on the injury situation on the roster. 

Except that we'd have to make adjustments on the ratio. Would sure be nice to have an up and coming NI like Walter in Cgy to fill in, when you've got a Harris on the roster.

It is when you start 8 nationals when only 4 are capable of starting.

And this is an argument to not start Andrew Harris?  We don't have enough NI talent so we shouldn't start more?

Compelling.  I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Geez, you'd think we just had Chuck Diesel the last few years the way some talk about Andrew Harris.  The guy accomplished more last year than our current RBs will ever accomplish in the league. One would think he'd be motivated after the way last year went. I'd also imagine playing in his hometown would be a motivation boost.

Get him here. Yesterday.

Name me a CFL team that has 8 (or even 7) NIs that are legitimate starters...

Harris was around 1500 combined yards this year and he's a meh?

Only a 4.7 yard rushing average though, lowest of his career.  That's concerning for a guy who will be 29 next season.

I'd still like to see him here but hope we wouldn't break the bank.

That's the stickler, I'm sure Harris is seeking the biggest payday of his career.  If the Bombers balk at paying twice the going rate for a RB, he may find a new home in Ottawa or Montreal.

Only a 4.7 yard rushing average though, lowest of his career.  That's concerning for a guy who will be 29 next season.

That's the stickler, I'm sure Harris is seeking the biggest payday of his career.  If the Bombers balk at paying twice the going rate for a RB, he may find a new home in Ottawa or Montreal.

After the way both Powell and Jeremiah Johnson emerged this season, I doubt Ottawa ponies up for Harris.

And this is an argument to not start Andrew Harris?  We don't have enough NI talent so we shouldn't start more?

Compelling.  I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

God no, I'd sign Harris in a heart beat, then we'd have 5 starting quality Nationals. I could live with 5 of 7 Nationals being quality starters. I was knocking the Bombers for thinking they could start 8 last year is all.

Some are just more passable than others due the position they play.

Some are just more passable than others due the position they play.

In other words, you don't know. ;)

Only a 4.7 yard rushing average though, lowest of his career. That's concerning for a guy who will be 29 next season.

And boom, there it is.

Sure he's a NI but at 28-29, I sure wouldn't break the bank for him.