East Division Final - Ottawa over Hamilton

Mr Dee

Holy cow, what a game by Masoli and what a great CFL game. Very happy for the fans in Ottawa who have been through football miseries that people here can't even guess at. And LOL at all the "Desjardins is an idiot" stuff from back in 2014.

Masoli's performance goes to show what good QB coaching and game planning can accomplish.  Condell and Austin designed the offence around him instead of trying to squeeze him into shoes fit for Collaros.

Yes. Some good plays built for his...style. But from now on, misery for Masoli.

I think you're right, I'd like to see more of that style of offence in the CFL but don't think any team is going to actually make a commitment to running it.

There is a whole world of unexplored offensive schemes available for an imaginative OC up here in Canada, especially with all the motion and size of the fields. I can only hope that whomever our next OC is, that he will tap into an offence to make us a force again...

not a stale, easily-identified, out-of-date, facsimile.

Okay, at the risk of permanently getting labelled as pathologically raging at O'Shea and Walters, I have to vent.

Firstly, all the bitterness fired at DesJardins, Chris Jones etc etc sure sounds like pure, unadulterated envy mixed with resentment that the Bombers aren't even in the playoffs, let alone in the Grey Cup game.

Secondly, I have been both skeptical and ticked at the reports leaking out of the Bombers that the crew of assistant coaches that O'Shea was forced to start the 2014 season were off the scrap-heap of CFL coaches because the Bombers had such a terrible rep that no one wanted to come here. It seems to me more far more likely that potential assistant coaches took one look at the Walter/O'Shea tandem and knew that it was going to be a disaster that they wanted no part of. We shall see what 2016 will bring, and I am pretty sure it ain't gonna be good for us.

Holy cow, what a game by Masoli and what a great CFL game. Very happy for the fans in Ottawa who have been through football miseries that people here can't even guess at. And LOL at all the "Desjardins is an idiot" stuff from back in 2014.

Eric Rogers might disagree with you.  Desjardins is still the guy who didn't think the best receiver in the league was even worth bringing to training camp last year.

Not saying he doesn't deserve credit for the season they've had, but it doesn't negate all the dumb s**t he's done.

Ottawa got extremely lucky with a lack of injuries and an ability to sign multiple high priced free agents. 

Desjardins(or Taman 2.0) won't have consistent success and Ottawa is going to take a big step back next year.

Hard pill to swallow having an expansion team play for the grey cup on our turf. I'd like to say I'm not bitter about it but I'd be lying. I like to root for an underdog but won't be able to this Sunday. I understand this might not be the most mature attitude.

If its any consolation, you are not alone in your misery.

But-but-but....Ottawa couldn't possibly attract good coaches with a horrible track record in 2014. Could they?

Their coaches were under contract from the inception of the organization .. and .. it's not like that ownership group .. that franchise .. has the same checkered history that the WBB Football Club has earned over the last 15-16 years ..

Not exactly an 'apples to apples' comparison.

Hard pill to swallow having an expansion team play for the grey cup on our turf. I'd like to say I'm not bitter about it but I'd be lying. I like to root for an underdog but won't be able to this Sunday. I understand this might not be the most mature attitude.

Don't worry, if the weather gets cold we can get treated to a Burris choke job and watching him point fingers at everyone but himself will be worth the price of admission. He perfected that in Calgary. 

Burris seems to a man on a mission this year, and has to know that he's likely to never get another chance at the brass ring, so he might just pull his game together for a Cup win. Looking at Edmonton, they have to be prohibitive favourites, but the thing about sports is that there are always upsets. I'm rooting for Ottawa.

i dunno, ottawa barely beat the collaros-less ticats, edmonton is the only team ottawa couldnt beat this year.  Reilly is also a man on a mission winning 9 straight and dissecting the stamps pretty handedly. i think the redblacks fairytale has an unhappy ending

I think you've got it right here.

Burris seems to a man on a mission this year, and has to know that he's likely to never get another chance at the brass ring, so he might just pull his game together for a Cup win. Looking at Edmonton, they have to be prohibitive favourites, but the thing about sports is that there are always upsets. I'm rooting for Ottawa.

He can be on any kind of mission he wants, Burris flat out sucks in the cold. The only time he got a Grey Cup win was in a dome and remember his last foray into an out doors grey cup game? He got his ass handed to him cause it was cold out. I personally want -40 and a ******* blizzard of epic proportions on Sunday because his tears will sustain me throughout the offseason. 

But-but-but....Ottawa couldn't possibly attract good coaches with a horrible track record in 2014. Could they?

Congratulations, you completely misunderstood what the poor track record that people were referencing. It wasn't the wins and losses that scared people away from Winnipeg, it was the fact that coaches were fired in Winnipeg like it was going out of style. Go to Winnipeg have your career damaged to the point where you end up having to work on TSN. 

He can be on any kind of mission he wants, Burris flat out sucks in the cold. The only time he got a Grey Cup win was in a dome and remember his last foray into an out doors grey cup game? He got his ass handed to him cause it was cold out. I personally want -40 and a ******* blizzard of epic proportions on Sunday because his tears will sustain me throughout the offseason. 

As someone who will be there... I do not endorse this sentiment... 

Hey I'll be there too, you can dress for the weather and I would gladly sit through a **** storm if it makes Burris look like an *******. 

Hey I'll be there too, you can dress for the weather and I would gladly sit through a **** storm if it makes Burris look like an *******. 

truer words.....