Around The League Off Season Discussion

Noeller

13 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Bet you weren't so down on Taman giving out those contracts at the time though. This is why everyone mocks Rider fans, biggest hypocrites going. Taman signs Chick and Dressler "AMAZING!" New GM cuts them "Wow Taman you dolt, why give out such big contracts?"

Ok so were the numbers announced at that time. I could care less if you guys want to have a laugh on us, you've been doing it all year, but get your facts straight at least. No one knew including you guys that dressler was making 240k/yr or Chick 260/yr

13 hours ago, gcn11 said:

You Rider fans are really in your own world sometimes. Why do you guys think that a football player can only set up for life after football if they play in Regina? You guys give no player any more ability to be successful after their career than many other CFL cities. Just a big fat myth you guys perpetuate in order to justify your beliefs that Regina is the ultimate destination in the CFL.

I'll cut you some slack because Winnipeg is a city that embraces former players. In fact the bomber fans and the whole football experience in Manitoba is very much the same as Sask.  Montreal and Toronto and Vancouver barely know they even have a team, lets not pretend there is much star power in those places.

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

Ok so were the numbers announced at that time. I could care less if you guys want to have a laugh on us, you've been doing it all year, but get your facts straight at least. No one knew including you guys that dressler was making 240k/yr or Chick 260/yr

The only thing good that Kelly did was run Taman out of town. Unfortunately Kelly was drunk with power & arrogance.

14 hours ago, pigseye said:

Only 28, his best years are still ahead of him. I like Kenny Stafford too, deep threat burner we haven't had since....

Nationals, Bagg, Getzlaff, Giguere, all are better than what we got rostered now.

I agree and I like Grant's size. He'd make a real nice target for Willy. As far as nationals, I wish Watson could have stayed healthy when he was here.

12 hours ago, Brandon said:

The only way we should get Bagg , Getzlaf or Giguere is if we get them to next to nothing...

I agree, Brandon, especially Bagg and Getzlaf. Not sold on Giguere.

10 hours ago, iso_55 said:

Please no Bagg or Getzlaff. Both had significant injuries & are too expensive for what they'll give us. 

Yeah, they'd have to come cheap.

9 hours ago, Ripper said:

I find that hard to believe.

10 hours ago, iso_55 said:

Please no Bagg or Getzlaff. Both had significant injuries & are too expensive for what they'll give us. 

Think about it iso, add Harris & Bagg to the starting offense along with 3 on the oline, Westerman on D leaves only one other national starter on D, and if we can pickup a starting national dlinemen in free agency.....this team goes from pretender to contender in the blink of an eye.

1 hour ago, J5V said:

I find that hard to believe.

How so?  I follow the team pretty dam close and have never read a number as to Chicks salary. As far as Dressler was concerned it was kind of believed he was in 200 range, which lots of rider fans thought was too much. It has also been mentioned all off season that Jones was going to want to renegotiate Dresslers deal.

26 minutes ago, Ripper said:

How so?  I follow the team pretty dam close and have never read a number as to Chicks salary. As far as Dressler was concerned it was kind of believed he was in 200 range, which lots of rider fans thought was too much. It has also been mentioned all off season that Jones was going to want to renegotiate Dresslers deal.

Yes Chicks's salary was never disclosed, but when it was reported Getzlaf was getting 220K, I just naturally assumed the Chick was making just as much.

4 minutes ago, holoman said:

Yes Chicks's salary was never disclosed, but when it was reported Getzlaf was getting 220K, I just naturally assumed the Chick was making just as much.

It came out that Getz was getting 225, but fans here still assumed Dressler was at 200 because he is American and Getz is Canadian. It was also believed that Chick was making good money, but no one dreamt in their wildest dreams it was 260. Serious question for you Bomber fans, Chick is a great player but didn't 260k sound ridiculous when you heard it? 

21 minutes ago, Ripper said:

It came out that Getz was getting 225, but fans here still assumed Dressler was at 200 because he is American and Getz is Canadian. It was also believed that Chick was making good money, but no one dreamt in their wildest dreams it was 260. Serious question for you Bomber fans, Chick is a great player but didn't 260k sound ridiculous when you heard it? 

See that's the point. Getzlaf at 220K was ridiculous. Same with 260k for Chick.  Given how Taman operates, not only was it ridiculous, it was NOT surprising. 

5 minutes ago, holoman said:

See that's the point. Getzlaf at 220K was ridiculous. Same with 260k for Chick.  Given how Taman operates, not only was it ridiculous, it was NOT surprising. 

Not surprising to Bomber fans, but surprising to Rider fans. We should form a support group for the Taman experiences we have suffered. 

On 1/15/2016 at 10:33 AM, Engelwood said:

There is this type of fan for every team.

The Rider fans that do express concern contrary to the consensus are crushed as "haters" or have an "agenda".  

The money spent by Taman was overwhelmingly viewed as positive and necessary. Any Rider fan crying over Taman now  are hypocrites at best liars at worst.