Bombers Pending Free-Agents List?

M.O.A.B.

I saw this and chuckled a bit thinking about the people on here who'll swear up and down that nobody could possibly be worse than Winnipeg...

Montreal averages a full yard more per rush, given up 24 fewer sacks than the Bombers, even with having a rookie QB at the helm for the majority of the season.

Whoever is grading their OL the lowest is hugely biased or incompetent.

Pretty much, perhaps age plays a factor in the rankings as the bomber guys are all relatively young ish.. (Goossen,Chungh at least) and Montreals are older veterans who have been around for a while. Not sure but seems odd but maybe they are good but just being used wrong? I don't know. Not sure if it's the schemes that are that bad or if it's the talent

In My Opinion, Goossen and Chungh both have shown potential, Bryant is very good, Daniels was a good tackle b4 he got hurt. Perhaps its the whole square pegs in to round holes thing again? I dunno. 

Bombers Oline have looked awful but maybe it's more scheme than anything. 

Bowman Owens all missed lots of games too. Are they worth more than moore? Actually I think they both missed more

Not sure what you're getting at exactly. But I would take Bowman over Moore no questions asked. Not Owens though. 

Yyyyyyyyikes...no sir. Moore has his troubles, but Captain Dropsies Bowman....don't want him back near this team.

Agreed. Bowman is brutal, he can't catch. The guy gets the ball thrown to him continuously, he's bound to accidently catch the odd one.

Bombers used him fine. He just couldn't catch. Still can't but when you throw at him 20 times a game he's gonna make a few catches

I thought the Bombers were using him as a deep threat while Edmonton was using him for short - medium range ?

Edmonton is just throwing him a million passes a game. 

I would hope they actually go out the find some players....other teams seem to and we sign their cast offs.

75% of Ottawa's roster is castoffs, the trick is signing the right ones.

That suggests to me that coaching and roster management may be even more important than many around here would care to admit.

I would hope they actually go out the find some players....other teams seem to and we sign their cast offs.

75% of Ottawa's roster is castoffs, the trick is signing the right ones.

That suggests to me that coaching and roster management may be even more important than many around here would care to admit.

There defence is pretty good. Desjardins built that team from the lines out, when you win the battle in the trenches, you usually win the game. We haven't had that dominance since 2007 although we sniffed it in 2011 but them it got blowed up.

A healthy QB is most important. Look at Hamilton now

Healthy qb and healthy OL. Seriously if Ottawa had to test their depth would they be sitting where they are? I don't think so. Similar thing in Winnipeg, when they're healthy the Bombers are a better team than they showed most of the season (and the record does reflect that) trouble is they lost the starting qb early and for the season, they lost their RB, lost some OL, had injuries at receiver... Just no way are they deep enough to over come injuries like that. I don't believe Ottawa is deep enough to overcome those kinds of injuries either but they didn't have to over come them and they had a good season as a result. How would the east have looked if Ray and Collaros had been healthy all year I wonder?

the term castoff sounds so negative, like players their former team didnt want and released. Ottawa got to pick and choose off every team among players that were unprotected, and there was a small limitation to how many people could be protected. That doesnt mean a lot of these unprotected guys were unwanted, or not thought highly of by their team, just couldnt save everyone.

I think thats a huge difference between trying to give someone a 2nd chance after being released, or trying to throw money at FA in a cap era. Ottawa should not be compared to a rebuilding team because the league gifted them a strong team by doing the expansion draft. no other struggling team has that luxury.

I'd take Ryan Smith from that list. That's about it though.

Same here. Though, he will command a bidding war if the Riders fail to sign him prior to free-agency.

I wonder who the other 16 Rider free-agents. I believe the Riders has the most free agents last year too. That got to show how bad Taman manage a CFL team.

Riders will have 25 free-agents, among them are:

Robb Bagg

Chris Getzlaf

Ryan Smith

Alex Hall

Tyron Brackenridge

Tyree Hollins

Paul Woldu

Marshay Green

Anthony Allen

All 9 of those guys would make us a considerably better team. If we don't go hard in free agency this year, I will be extremely disappointed.