Bombers Pending Free-Agents List?

M.O.A.B.

I would just like to point out that Nick Moore, despite all of his injuries this season, is still the Bombers leading receiver in terms of catches and yards.  So I would assume that the odds of him taking #3 money are fairly slim. 

That says more about the quality of our receiving corps behind Moore than a compliment to Moore.

I would say that the lack of production overall this year by the receivers is more due to the lack of a quality OC and having to use back-up QB's for most of the season.

If you were to extrapolate Moore’s numbers for a full 18 games, he would have close to 1100 yards for the season. That would be good enough for 6th overall in the CFL.

Moore is not worth the money he is currently getting, but to say that he is not a #1 receiver is just not accurate. 

Does he deserve #1 money in spite of the fact that he gets injured way too often?  That’s another question all together.

But I am sure that in his mind and his agents mind, the answer would be yes. ;)

I would just like to point out that Nick Moore, despite all of his injuries this season, is still the Bombers leading receiver in terms of catches and yards.  So I would assume that the odds of him taking #3 money are fairly slim. 

That says more about the quality of our receiving corps behind Moore than a compliment to Moore.

I would say that the lack of production overall this year by the receivers is more due to the lack of a quality OC and having to use back-up QB's for most of the season.

If you were to extrapolate Moore’s numbers for a full 18 games, he would have close to 1100 yards for the season. That would be good enough for 6th overall in the CFL.

Moore is not worth the money he is currently getting, but to say that he is not a #1 receiver is just not accurate. 

Does he deserve #1 money in spite of the fact that he gets injured way too often?  That’s another question all together.

Agreed, I don't see anything terribly wrong with the Bombers receivers or RB's, the problems lie elsewhere in the Bombers O.

Agreed, I don't see anything terribly wrong with the Bombers receivers or RB's, the problems lie elsewhere in the Bombers O.

I don't really agree. I think we see better production out of RB and Rec under a new OC. But I still think we are too small and too slow in the REC category. Sure Denmark and Moore have wheels. But they aren't running anyone over. Not a knock on Denmark. I really am a fan of his, but he needs a better team around him to be more successful.

P Lirim Hajrullahu - yes, nowhere near what he could have made last offseason. I think if he can correct whatever mental issues he's having he can be good.

SB Nick Moore - no. We need an overhaul at receiver. Kohlert is probably the only receiver I would like to have back, maybe some of the other national receivers for backups. 

LB Graig Newman - yes, he's a national.

QB Matt Nichols - yes as a backup QB. He ain't starting for anybody in this league.

LB Chris Randle - yes, he's a gooder.

DB Demond Washington - pass, i think it might be time to move on. I'm not really a huge fan.

DB Lin-J Shell - pass, vet backup that is all. Spend the money elsewhere.

DE Louie Richardson - maybe... depends who else is out there and/or if we draft someone at that position.

OL Selvish Capers - no, import Tackle, I'd rather have Daniels if he's healthy.

OL Jace Daniels - yes, I liked what I've seen from him when he was healthy.

DE Thaddeus Gibson - who???

FB Michel-Pierre Pontbriand -  Yes for ST, but look to upgrade at the FB position.

RB Cameron Marshall - Yes, I think he could be an effective back when he's used.

P Lirim Hajrullahu - yes, nowhere near what he could have made last offseason. I think if he can correct whatever mental issues he's having he can be good.

SB Nick Moore - no. We need an overhaul at receiver. Kohlert is probably the only receiver I would like to have back, maybe some of the other national receivers for backups. 

QB Matt Nichols - yes as a backup QB. He ain't starting for anybody in this league.

DB Demond Washington - pass, i think it might be time to move on. I'm not really a huge fan.

DE Louie Richardson - maybe... depends who else is out there and/or if we draft someone at that position.

FB Michel-Pierre Pontbriand -  Yes for ST, but look to upgrade at the FB position.

RB Cameron Marshall - Yes, I think he could be an effective back when he's used.

To the bolded... LOL

thank god you're not the GM. Washington is a fantastic defensive back and you'd miss him if he were gone and like it or not Moore is the teams best receiver AINEC. You don't improve a sore spot on the team by losing your best receiver. 

To the bolded... LOL

thank god you're not the GM. Washington is a fantastic defensive back and you'd miss him if he were gone and like it or not Moore is the teams best receiver AINEC. You don't improve a sore spot on the team by losing your best receiver. 

Marcus Henry was Ottawa's leading receiver last year, and although he's still on the team, I don't believe he's played a single game. I don't think they miss him on the field at all. 

To the bolded... LOL

Marcus Henry was Ottawa's leading receiver last year, and although he's still on the team, I don't believe he's played a single game. I don't think they miss him on the field at all. 

So you basically just proved my point? You're better off pushing guys down the depth chart than cutting ties with them? Not to mention Moore was always a better player than Marcus Henry. You walk away from Moore the receivers ain't getting any better in the offseason. 

The guy has had exactly one good year and it wasn't with us. 

Bowman Owens all missed lots of games too. Are they worth more than moore? Actually I think they both missed more

Not sure what you're getting at exactly. But I would take Bowman over Moore no questions asked. Not Owens though. 

Yyyyyyyyikes...no sir. Moore has his troubles, but Captain Dropsies Bowman....don't want him back near this team.

Bowman Owens all missed lots of games too. Are they worth more than moore? Actually I think they both missed more

Not sure what you're getting at exactly. But I would take Bowman over Moore no questions asked. Not Owens though. 

Yyyyyyyyikes...no sir. Moore has his troubles, but Captain Dropsies Bowman....don't want him back near this team.

agreed! i wouldnt take bowman back after his stint here,  felt the same way about kamau peterson too after he left then lit it up a bit

Bowman is better than Moore and that's with his drops.

Moore's a good receiver being paid like a great one. I'd love to have him back at a #2 or #3 receiver salary, but I doubt he'd take it. He'll go where he gets the most money.

Honestly, who do you see paying more than Winnipeg? Who has the need that we do for receivers? 

Am i reading right that moore only missed 2 games this year?  and his stats are; 72 receptions for 843yard, 11.7 avg, longest 64 yards. with 1 game to go

Id say if he played those 2 missed games hed roughly be looking at 1075-1100yard season, and with a big game vs toronto might actually hit 1000. if you factor in who has been slinging him the ball most of the year,  He's worth keeping no doubt

agreed! i wouldnt take bowman back after his stint here,  felt the same way about kamau peterson too after he left then lit it up a bit

lol when was the last time Moore led the league in REC? Or had a 200 yard game? Or lowered his shoulder and ran a DB over? Bowman has done all 3 within the last year and I believe he has had 2 200 yard games this year. 

Yes he's had a solid QB tossing him the ball but I see Bowman getting screens and short throws and turning those into 20 yard gains and TDs. I see Moore getting a short pass and ducking for cover. I'm not trying to say Moore is crap, I'm just saying Bowman is better. The evidence is overwhelming.

And go ahead and say what you want about bowmans time here, but he showed flashes of what he was capable of. And he's career since leaving WPG has only gone up. And had we held on to him (I was in favour of cutting him at the time too) We could possibly have a 3 headed monster in Bowman Moore and Denmark.

The Blue Bombers haven't done much well, but they have drafted offensive linemen exceptionally. Haven't retained them all, but... #CFL

— Arash Madani (@ArashMadani)

November 5, 2015

From a #CFL coach on WPG No. 2 pick Sukh Chungh: "I love the way he plays. Has a nasty edge to him. He's going to be a stud in this league."

— Arash Madani (@ArashMadani)

November 5, 2015