Bombers Pending Free-Agents List?

M.O.A.B.

I'm not sure I understand the Washington love. The guy can look brutal, especially against big receivers like Manny Arceneaux. Same with Randle, especially early in the season, he looked awful too. I'll have to watch Randle closer if he stays but there must be a reason Calgary let him go and it isn't because he was awesome. I'd keep the heat on Walters if I could, to get us more high quality players.

Speaking of Arceneaux, I'm tired of Moore. Yeah I know he was our leading receiver but that's not saying much. We need some big boys that can get after the ball and fight for it! Way too many pansies on our team that won't fight for a ball. That has to end. Sometimes the play is to throw it up for grabs and that's when our receivers should come up with the ball. No where near enough of that kind of fight on our receiving corp.

Can be said about any defensive back in the league. There isn't one DB in the league who never gets beat, especially with the wonky PI rules. DB is very much a position where you win some and you lose some and Washington is a damned good player.

Hes "a damned good player" the same way that we move on from johnson not too long ago. this season he was bad. Real bad. Liability bad.

Can he bounce back? Maybe. Can we find a bigger, better DB? Probably.

I agree. I've been a washington fan. But this year he was out classed a lot unfortunately. I hope we resign him but bring in a lot of competition to TC for that spot.

I'm not sure I understand the Washington love. The guy can look brutal, especially against big receivers like Manny Arceneaux. Same with Randle, especially early in the season, he looked awful too. I'll have to watch Randle closer if he stays but there must be a reason Calgary let him go and it isn't because he was awesome. I'd keep the heat on Walters if I could, to get us more high quality players.

Speaking of Arceneaux, I'm tired of Moore. Yeah I know he was our leading receiver but that's not saying much. We need some big boys that can get after the ball and fight for it! Way too many pansies on our team that won't fight for a ball. That has to end. Sometimes the play is to throw it up for grabs and that's when our receivers should come up with the ball. No where near enough of that kind of fight on our receiving corp.

Can be said about any defensive back in the league. There isn't one DB in the league who never gets beat, especially with the wonky PI rules. DB is very much a position where you win some and you lose some and Washington is a damned good player.

Hes "a damned good player" the same way that we move on from johnson not too long ago. this season he was bad. Real bad. Liability bad.

I agree. I've been a washington fan. But this year he was out classed a lot unfortunately. I hope we resign him but bring in a lot of competition to TC for that spot.

Which one of our DBs didn't get beaten badly at times? Even Johnny Adams who everyone is raving about this year had some games where he got beaten and outclassed. I think the biggest thing holding back the secondary was the lack of a pass rush from anyone not named Westerman. 

I think Leggett is our best DBack though. Washington is very athletic but I'd like to see our best football player in that position. Leggett would be a great HB IMO

How can you say that given that he's never played more than a handful of snaps at HB?

The "IMO" suggests that its my opinion. I base that opinion off of what I think his skill set is. That's what this board is for correct? to form opinions and have discussions about our favorite sports team?

I understand it's your opinion. I was asking how you came to form that opinion, seen as how he's never played the position before.

didn't we recently have a conversation about this...

Sorry, I missed the conversation...

I'm thinking that the conversation he's referring to is not football related.  It concerns "seen as how" versus "seeing as how".  Irregardless of that, I could care less. 

Which one of our DBs didn't get beaten badly at times? Even Johnny Adams who everyone is raving about this year had some games where he got beaten and outclassed. I think the biggest thing holding back the secondary was the lack of a pass rush from anyone not named Westerman. 

That is a good point. I just remember Washington being out of position a lot more then anyone else this year. And to be fair it was generally against the best Rec. in the league...Rogers, bowman, etc etc. So he wasn't getting beat by scrubs or anything. I'm totally for bringing him back for TC.

I think instead of scouting, we should change everybody's last name on the D-line to Westerman.  Greg Westerman, Nate Westerman, Jake Westerman, Bryant Westerman Jr

I think Leggett is our best DBack though. Washington is very athletic but I'd like to see our best football player in that position. Leggett would be a great HB IMO

How can you say that given that he's never played more than a handful of snaps at HB?

The "IMO" suggests that its my opinion. I base that opinion off of what I think his skill set is. That's what this board is for correct? to form opinions and have discussions about our favorite sports team?

I understand it's your opinion. I was asking how you came to form that opinion, seen as how he's never played the position before.

I'm thinking that the conversation he's referring to is not football related.  It concerns "seen as how" versus "seeing as how".  Irregardless of that, I could care less. 

Yeah... it was a joke... a few of us grammar geeks got all up in arms about people using "seen as how" a few months ago...

155.png

This I tend to agree with. I remember being furious with his play at times this year along with Bucknor. Wasn't it more Randle than Washington that made JJ expendable? I think if I was Walters and had to make a choice to keep Washington or JJ, I would have kept JJ. Especially when you consider how reliable JJ was returning the ball on kickoffs compared to Demond. JJ was only 30 when we released him. Still some good years there I think. Walters should have offered him a contract. That one came back to bite us hard.

I really hope the Bombers sign some highly coveted free agents like Harris AND find a few cheap gems from down south for a change.

X 2. Really, any position that can be improved has to be considered. My concern is whether or not we judge ability well enough. For example, at QB.

Isn't SAM a very similar position to HB? and Hefney never played the position before either before he came to the CFL... and IM pretty sure Leggett's never played SAM before either and he was pretty good there to say the least.... I came to that conclusion based on several factors...

Another one is how he blankets guys when he covers them... He's a very smart football player, and knows how to cover well, read plays well and play the ball very well...

The way Mike phrased the question really seemed like he was out to make me look like a moron, which is why naturally I got defensive.

That's Mike. LOL! Just kidding. But seriously I agree with your assessment of Leggett. Never was a big fan of Hefney although he did play some good ball for us at times. I think he lost a step towards the end and seemed to chase the ball because of it.

Which one of our DBs didn't get beaten badly at times? Even Johnny Adams who everyone is raving about this year had some games where he got beaten and outclassed. I think the biggest thing holding back the secondary was the lack of a pass rush from anyone not named Westerman

This cannot be overstated and must be addressed this off-season. A decent pass rush would be a very welcome sight.

I'm thinking that the conversation he's referring to is not football related.  It concerns "seen as how" versus "seeing as how".  Irregardless of that, I could care less

Yeah... it was a joke... a few of us grammar geeks got all up in arms about people using "seen as how" a few months ago...

Yeah, I'm still laughing about "Irregardless" although a lot of people use that term.   ^_^  I think it's actually "couldn't care less" also, although I'm certainly not a grammar geek. Hell, I can barely spell "grammar".

I'm thinking that the conversation he's referring to is not football related.  It concerns "seen as how" versus "seeing as how".  Irregardless of that, I could care less

Yeah, I'm still laughing about "Irregardless" although a lot of people use that term.   ^_^  I think it's actually "couldn't care less" also, although I'm certainly not a grammar geek. Hell, I can barely spell "grammar".

My grammar was a sweet old bird but kind of cantankerous when she got into the gin.

Funny to see how many former Bombers are playing for Edmonton in the West final.

Bowman

Willis

Greaves

Sorensen

Simpson

Muamba

Boulay

Watson

By my count 8/46 players are former Bombers, not to mention the handful that the Bombers easily could have had via the draft or free agency like Coehoorn, Hinds, Dubuisson, Steele and Alexandre.

I guess it doesn't really matter now.

Funny to see how many former Bombers are playing for Edmonton in the West final.

Bowman

Willis

Greaves

Sorensen

Simpson

Muamba

Boulay

Watson

By my count 8/46 players are former Bombers, not to mention the handful that the Bombers easily could have had via the draft or free agency like Coehoorn, Hinds, Dubuisson, Steele and Alexandre.

I guess it doesn't really matter now.

When was Boulay a Bomber?

He dressed for 2 games in 2013 and recorded 1 tackle on special teams.

It's funny, I went back looking through some 2013 depth charts and most of the players from that awful team are still kicking around the league somewhere, in many cases on teams far better than the Bombers.  Good enough for the rest of the league but not for Winnipeg.  I guess when your QB lineup is Pierce, Hall, Goltz, things don't go so well.

He dressed for 2 games in 2013 and recorded 1 tackle on special teams.

It's funny, I went back looking through some 2013 depth charts and most of the players from that awful team are still kicking around the league somewhere, in many cases on teams far better than the Bombers.  Good enough for the rest of the league but not for Winnipeg.  I guess when your QB lineup is Pierce, Hall, Goltz, things don't go so well.

Coaching matters. Joe Mack could find talent, he couldn't hire a coach that could get the most out of that talent though.